[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event]

Re: [D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event]

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Kai nodded once, sending a hail of blaster bolts tyowards the enemy before heading off. Though one of the guards did finally get a lucky shot on him it apparently didn't slow him dow, as he jumped into the ship with ease.

Shooting at the guards. Before the athletics, boosts from Cefey: 1eP+2eA+5eB+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 8 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shooting at the Kai. Before the athletics, boosts from Cefey: 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

athletics check for jumping. 4 boosts and a upgrade from my shot, 1 upgrade to diff and a post from bad guys, 1 setback from weather: 2eP+2eA+6eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 6 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

athletics check for jumping. Forgotten boost from the shadowy figure: 1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage

3 boost's to clem\s jump.

12-8 = 4 wounds taken
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby CLL-MT9 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm

As soon as Kai is past him towards the airspeeder, Clementine is backing up towards the edge. Whether it’s desperation at letting the thieves escape, fatigue, or luck, the guards’ shots go increasingly wild, either flying all around or hitting squarely on the plastisteel plate. A few steps on he drops the plate and turns, taking a glancing shot as he does, but in two mighty strides he has reached the edge and is in the air. The speeder’s repulsors give an alarming several meters as he lands, but with clinging to the outside, it starts to speed off.

D9 big heist shots shots shots 1/3: 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 0 successes

D9 big heist shots shots shots 2/3: 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 failures, 4 threat

D9 big heist shots shots shots 3/3: 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 successes, 3 threat

D9 big heist shots shots shots 3/3: 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 successes, 3 threat

D9 big heist shots shots shots 3/3 neglected setbacks: 2eS 1 failure
ImageImage
9 base + 1 success = 10 damage, minus 8 soak, 2 wounds

D9 big heist loadlifter cliffhanger leap: 1eC+4eA+5eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 0 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D9 big heist loadlifter cliffhanger leap but actually: 1eP 0 successes, 2 advantage

7 advantages to... not have them get a good look at us? And/or boost any future rolls.
Profile | Loadlifter Droid | Big | Strong | Battered | Slow of Speech | Looms
Works for Kaneesa Gee, Bouncer for the Wookiee's Codpiece
CLL-MT9

Postby Flession » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 am

Once the droid hops into the ship, the thrusters are hit and you all speed off into the wet darkness. You start to make your way thru the city when a blaster shot shoots off nearby you, hitting the crashed ship's hull as you maneuver by. It's a slick little airspeeder, with a few cannons and a moving a lot faster than what you'd expect. This was going to be a challenge. "We need to stall to get the buoy ready." The person in the Shadowcloak shouted, his voice distorted from the sudden tone change. "Keep him busy while we get this going."

--
Gonna Catch You, I'm Your Space Boy
Star this encounter at the max speed of the vehicle (3). You're ducking and weaving thru the city avoiding being shot down. This will be done in three rounds, but for brevity's sake, you will roll all 3 rounds at once. 2 Strain may be taken to do a additional maneuver as normal. Choose a action and a maneuver to do for each round and complete the action. You are going against a HSP-10 Pursuit Airspeeder (stats below).

Every round, the ship will attempt to attack you by Gaining the Advantage (Roll 2eP+1eA+2eS) with setbacks due to the weather and shooting you with the light blaster cannon (1eP+2eA+2eS). Crits for its and your attacks apply as normal.

If the ship successfully survives the 3 rounds, you manage to avoid the ship entirely. If you manage to successfully shoot down the ship, there will be a extra 2000 credits added on to your pay for the assurance of not being followed.

In the meantime, the rest of the crew will be prepping and deploying the buoy for its launch. Make a Hard Computer Check to give the correct transponder code needed to locate the buoy once it is launched. This roll can be assisted. You have 3 rounds to make this check, otherwise it is launched without the correct transponder code and will be difficult to find once it is done so. You can also spend one of your turns utilizing the Overcharged Shields Attachment at a Average Mechanics check to grant the Airspeeder a 2 Shield bonus for 1 round plus 1 round for every advantage rolled.
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 pm

(fluff somewhere, just need to find it in my brain)

----

D9 Heist Overcharge da shields!: 1eP+3eA+2eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

D9 Heist Launch da bootay (buouy). Assisted by Kai: 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 3 failures, 3 advantage

D9 Heist Launch da bootay (buouy). Assisted by Kai. Boost from previous roll. Destiny upgrade.: 2eP+2eA+2eB+3eD 4 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Kai did what he could to help honey get things underway Helping launch the bouy into the sky. It didn't appear he was needed to help with shooting or anything after all.

((I think we have 2 more rounds people can attempt the shield if they like))
Kai Wryssald

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm

The Zeltron pushed the speeders engines to their limits. The smaller speeder would have an edge there, if she didn't. At the same time, she zeroed in on the pursuing ship with the turret, keeping autofire off. Spraying blasts everywhere would just draw more attention. Her first shot struck cleanly.

The other speeder shifted into a better attack position, compensating for the weather and ensuring Syzygy options for evading would be limited. They were forced to slow down, however, causing their shot to go wide.

With a smile, Syzygy lined up a second shot and crippled the smaller speeder, sending its crew flying. With that taken care of, she focused on the flight itself, ensuring no one else would follow.

"This is a good ship. Where did we get it?"

- - -
Round One
Syzygy
Maneuver: Improved Full Throttle
Maneuver: Speed Up
Action: Fire Turret

Syzygy takes 3 Strain

[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event], Improved Full Throttle, Pilot (Planetary), Average, Skilled Jockey 2, (Corrected Dice Pool): 1eA+2eP+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImage

[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event], Turret, Average Gunnery, Weather Setbacks: 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Damage 5, 3 after Armor, Hull Threshold 3/5
Advantage to Boost next roll

Pursuit Ship
[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event], Pursuer, Gaining the Advantage, Average Piloting, Weather: 2eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
Threat to reduce Speed
Triumph to ignore penalizing terrain and effects

[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event], Pursuer, Light Blaster Canon, Rain negated: 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Advantage to boost next roll

Round Two
Syzygy

Action: Turret

[D9-LN] The Big Score Pt. Tres (Cherr's) [Event], Round 2, Turret, Average Gunnery, Weather Setbacks: 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
5 Damage, 3 after Armor, Hull Threshold 6/5
Pursuit Speeder Destroyed/Disabled
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Flession » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:42 pm

The airspeeder, despite its speed and tactical advantage, ended up being too careful due to the weather, which allowed your ship to easily overtake it. Leaving Providencetown behind you, other ships begin to launch after you, though thankfully with your speed and advantage of removing your lone pursuer, you leave them all behind before they can all get up into the air. The rain beat against the ship's hull as silence overtook everything. The Lepi takes a deep breath removes his helmet, breathing deeply and sits in the back seat of the vehicle.

The grey Lepi looks at you all with his rather adorable, but serious face. "You're all a bunch of crazy bastards, but nice work everyone." He turns to the hooded man. "Did the Vigo pick up on our movements?"

The hooded man shakes his head. "I did not receive any communications about the effect until a few minutes ago. Both him and Vida were unaware of anything happening until the alarm sounded off. We took it without them knowing." He extended his hands to the Lepi, who then grabbed the holocomm and placed it in his gloved hand. The robed man then walks over to the buoy compartment and places the object into it, shaking his head. "I would suggest all of you keep your heads down. I know what they will do to you if this information were to be passed onto you. Do not go into the Upper side of Providencetown for awhile, we don't want to risk anyone risk fingering you." He turned his attention to the Lepi.

"Did you kill everyone you interacted with?" The Lepi shook his head. "No." The man sighed deeply. "Damn. That's a opening. I'll have to close off that loose end tomorrow." Placing the object into the buoy, he pauses, giving it a little bit of time, launches it with a loud clank noise coming from the ship. Checking a radio he held on him, the frequency of the signal seemed to be beeping as they passed by. "Excellent work, beautiful. Saved me the hassle of carrying that thing on me while the heat is on."
Flession

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:21 pm

"You need a bit of crazy to do stuff like this," the twi'lek grinned as everything seemed to be in the box now.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 pm

"What if I took this speeder off planet?" Zygy asked. "We've been collecting a lot of ships lately."

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
Syzygy Anion

Postby Flession » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:41 pm

"I do this stuff for a living, so what does that make me, Thief?" The Lepi gives a small laugh and leans back into his chair.

The man in the hood stares at Syzygy for a few moments, considering her question. "If you really want to keep this thing, that is fine. But I want it off planet. I do not want it used until the transponder codes and colors changed." Giving a long look at the pilot, his voice deepens as his presence becomes more stiff and cold. "Do not make me come to regret it."
Flession

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 pm

"Not a problem." she nodded. "We've done it with every ship we've collected. And, we're likely leaving."

Syzygy Anion

Postby Flession » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:09 pm

"So much the better. The less you're here, the harder it is to track you." He sits back down with the Lepi in the backseat. "Though, I'm afraid you're going to have to going to have to replace one feature of this ship." The Lepi nods, putting back on his helmet and smiling as it clips back on. "Thanks for your hard work, payment's in the hold." As the hooded figure hits a switch on the seat and it drops out, letting the back seat fall off to the ground completely, revealing to be a speeder as its slowly descends to the ground. The hangar containing the back seats seals closes itself up as the two of them speed off into the night, leaving you all by yourselves.
Flession

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Kai stretched. "Well glad that's over with." He replied simply as the others left. He had no intention of staying very long after they got paid. Others might have different plans though.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:47 pm

"Where do you want to be dropped off?" she asked everyone.

Syzygy Anion

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

"Somewhere out of the way should work." Kai said thoughtfully, Cefey would likely have a better idea. "Should we check the hold and see what our reward is though?" He continued, turning in that direction.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Flession wrote:"I do this stuff for a living, so what does that make me, Thief?" The Lepi gives a small laugh and leans back into his chair.

"Someone who knows how to take a night out on the town?" she grinned, joining in the brief laugh.

At the mention of payment though, that had her attention the most. "Reward sounds good!"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 pm

"Alright. I'll find a place." She nodded and changed course.

Syzygy Anion

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 am

With the others onboard, and the ship on it's way to its destination, Kai traveled towards the hold. Apparently their payment, whatever it was, was in there.

"Did we ever hear what exactly payment was?" Kai asked thoughtfully as he entered the hold.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 am

Cefey Raneth wrote:
Flession wrote:"I do this stuff for a living, so what does that make me, Thief?" The Lepi gives a small laugh and leans back into his chair.

"Someone who knows how to take a night out on the town?" she grinned, joining in the brief laugh.

At the mention of payment though, that had her attention the most. "Reward sounds good!"

Kai Wryssald wrote:With the others onboard, and the ship on it's way to its destination, Kai traveled towards the hold. Apparently their payment, whatever it was, was in there.

"Did we ever hear what exactly payment was?" Kai asked thoughtfully as he entered the hold.

"Last I heard, the reward was five thousand!" Kaneesa waggles his tongue a little. "And the first round of drinks from our employer there." Kaneesa claps the Lepi on the shoulder.

"And I know the perfect place in Lower P-town that will give us rock solid alibis for the night, and where you can buy those drinks."
Gungan | Gangly | Bartender | Jizz Wailer | Slitherstick | Force Senstive
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby CLL-MT9 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm

"Five large, oh gee." Clementine had managed to squeeze all the way inside the cabin before the chase got truly dangerous and is wedged in the back. As much as he can move, he rocks back and forth excitedly. "Oh gee, oh gee, oh gee."
Profile | Loadlifter Droid | Big | Strong | Battered | Slow of Speech | Looms
Works for Kaneesa Gee, Bouncer for the Wookiee's Codpiece
CLL-MT9

PreviousNext

Return to Upper Providencetown