[D10 EN] The Sendoff

[D10 EN] The Sendoff

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Kaneesa has the Codpiece in rare form tonight, and he's actually invited a few new friends along with the old regulars. Big band jizz is blaring lively, and the walls of the establishment are shaking a little, but it's a joyous celebration. Seemingly out of nowhere, the usual drek that Kaneesa offers non-regulars has been replaced with some high class booze, and it is flowing freely. In the midst of the music, and the dancing, and the carousing and the laughter stands Kaneesa, in his nicest clothes and a shiny new beret.

"What I'm saying boys, isn't that we should just join the Republic out of gratitude. Maybe it's a good idea in the long run, but we can't just wait and sit around while the fat banthas line their pockets with the tax credits of the hard working being! That's why I'm throwing my hat in the ring!"

Kaneesa raises his drink. "Vote Kaneesa Gee!!!"
Gungan | Gangly | Bartender | Jizz Wailer | Slitherstick | Force Senstive
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Re: [D10 EN] The Sendoff

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Kai had a healthy buzz by the time he made it to the cod piece, though he was still looking pretty dapper in the clothes he had worn to the 12 parsecs.

The speech he walked into caused him to raise a eyebrow though. "Running for office Kanessa?" He asked after a moment.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Jelna Vawn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32 am

Jelna looked around the establishment with her arms crossed, the hand inside her jacket ready to draw her concealed pistol. She had no idea what this Gungan was up to with this election business. That frightened her, being so ignorant about the machinations of this strange creature. "Do we even have the ability to vote here?" she murmured to Kai. She then wondered in what reality it would be wise to ask the man anything about politics.
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 am

"I don't think so?" Kai offered with a slight smile. "Seems like you would need to be a citizen of Noventa for that." He smiled over at Jelna. "We just came to say hi though, maybe listen to some music. Clementine who works here is a friend of mine, and Kaneesa knows his Jizz."

His smile spread a little wider. "If you had worn that dress Cefey and I put out for you, I'd even ask you to dance.... still might anyways though."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:01 am

Kaneesa looks over to Kai. "One way or another, they are going to try to fit in some kinda new system. The 'Pubs just bailed us out, and I am willing to lay credits that they are going to scoop up the planet for our "gratitude"" The Gungan shrugs. "And if anyone wants to stop it, they're going to have to be organized. I'mma goin' to listen to the will of the people o'course, but I think I have what it takes to make it in politics."
Gungan | Gangly | Bartender | Jizz Wailer | Slitherstick | Force Senstive
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:17 pm

"Well, good luck." Kai offered a thoughtful moment. The gungan might be some sort of con man and thief after all, but at least he was generous with the drinks. Well if you were in the business in the very least.

"Don't expect we will be around long enough to see how it all turns out though."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Jelna Vawn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:23 pm

"We'll see 'bout that dance," Jelna remarked with a smile. She turned her attention to the odd gungan. She feared for the prosperity of the system but had no inclination to stop him. After all, she had already done so much.
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby CLL-MT9 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Clementine lumbers in, slightly late for the big announcement. He's joined his boss in campaigning, wearing as a cape a banner that says "VOTE KANEESA" in big Arubesh letters (he used the same stencils and red paint that he uses to mark off the loading zone). He takes a turn around the room, trying out campaign slogans like "The Gungan is Good" and "A vote for Kaneesa is a vote for Noventa." It's hardly the oddest thing the regulars have seen the droid do, and they're better lubricated even than usual.

Truth be told, this new tack unnerves him somewhat. He doesn't really understand how politics works. He knows that politicians are sometimes useful to have of the payroll, and if reminded about voting will remember that he thinks that droids should be allowed to do it. But the idea of going from syndicate thug to senatorial staff takes is way out of his comfort zone; however far from his core programming several decades in low company without a memory wipe has allowed him to stray, this may be a bridge too far.

Tonight, though, he can push thoughts about an uncertain future to subroutines and relax. He's just come off of a big heist. Whatever this thing Kaneesa is doing might become, right now it just feels like another scheme. So when he comes round the room to see faces he recognizes, he's happy.

"HELLO KAI," he says, before he's close enough for a normal conversational volume, approaching through the crowd as he talks. He re-orients to Jelna. "HELLO. I REMEMBER YOU." He gets close enough that his usual near-shout is enough. "I hope you haven't had to see Doctor Suhr lately!"
Profile | Loadlifter Droid | Big | Strong | Battered | Slow of Speech | Looms
Works for Kaneesa Gee, Bouncer for the Wookiee's Codpiece
CLL-MT9

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 am

He couldn't help but chuckle at that. "Well, Cefey has been helping me practice, so I can promise not to stomp your toes at the very least." Kai replied with a soft smile, turning as the large droid boomed his name. ""Oh, Hey Clementine." Kai greeted the droid with a smile and a friendly wave. "Didn't know you knew Jelna here," He said with a somewhat mischievous smile. "I trust everything is okay, Babe? I didn't know you went to see the Doctor." Knowing babe, she likely had some sort of scheme in mind when she visited.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 am

"I had to take care of a few things," Jelna murmured to her companion. She then smirked at the droid and suggested, "Ya know, there might be another senator position."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Kai put a reassuring hand of Jelna's back. "Well, as long as everything is okay, Babe." He murmured in return, falling into his role like he had so many times before. It had likely been one of her plots anyways.
Kai Wryssald

Return to The Wookiee's Codpiece