[D9 LM] Special Delivery

Local watering hole.

[D9 LM] Special Delivery

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:20 am

There was already a lot on his plate this morning. Things he couldn't discuss. Things far beyond the Empire's grasp. And here he was this morning, making a special delivery.

Entering the bar without his men, he entered the room with a solemn look. The storm was here, in more ways than one, and if today he was going to fight back against it, he would try. It was time for someone else to do the same, though. One last good deed before things got bad.
NPC (Played by Flession) | Underboss of Noventa City | Bio
Dartris Ribmatt

Re: [D9 LM] Special Delivery

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Kor was, as with most day at this time, getting back in from his morning work out. Ribmatt would hear the door in the back slam closed and a couple seconds later see the hulking man walk in. Kor's breathing was slightly heavy and a sheen of sweat could be seen on his brow as he nodded to the business man.

"Ribmatt, good to see you. Is this business or pleasure?" The deep voice rumbled from the hulk of a man as he moved behind the bar to get himself some water and be in place if Ribmatt wanted anything "I'm no bartender like Cal but I can put liquid in a glass."
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:39 pm

"Bit of both." He nods, looking on. "You look better than what I expected you would after yesterday." There's a glint of a smile on his lips as he said those words, though not to imply anything from it. "I have a sort of update for you on your request. Also came here to eat. Today's a big day for me, after all."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Kor smirked man like Ribmatt would likely know about either of the things Kor got up to yesterday "Eh yesterday was busy but nothing a good night's rest couldn't fix." He took a few gulps of water "food we can do, chef is prepping right now."

Kor shouted back a breakfast order and turned back to Ribmatt and leaned on the counter "so an update huh? That's pretty quick turn around. What do you have for me."
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:20 pm

"Well, it's quite simple." He smiles and leans into the bar as well. "You asked me to search the entire sector while we're under Imperial control, limiting my communications and my reach outside of this planet." He shrugs and leans back. "What do you think I have for you?"
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm

"It's here isn't it?" Kor said seriously "you wouldn't come just to say hey or tell me you are having trouble. Only reason i can imagine you are here in person is that you foind it and either have it or know where it is."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 pm

"No, I didn't find it." He shakes his head with a smile. "Even my resources have their limits, Kor. Maybe when things settle I can do a much better search for it. Far be it from me to not hold up my end of the bargain, though. Your little establishment's done a good favor for me, and well, it's not right if I don't do it for you. Place me a order of that nerf stake to-go and pour me a whiskey. There's something I want to show you."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:09 pm

"Ah I see." He tried to hide the slight disappointment he felt. He turned and grabbed a whiskey from higher on the shelf and poured a glass for the man handing it over and got the food ready to go "Well I have nothing better going on might as well see what you have."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:24 pm

He grabbed the whiskey off the table and walked outside, just under the the top. On the ground outside was a case. "So, it's a bit of a story how I came across this suit, maybe it'll come when this is all over, but this is something that has a bit of sentimental value. From a dead friend of mine who helped me get when I was at my lowest. Pulled me out of a bad place, and I don't mean mentally. It's good stuff, and I think it might just fit you with a bit of modification. It ain't the latest and greatest Imperial technological masterpiece around..."

He turns to him. "Do me a favor, Kor, and bring that case inside for me; it's not light."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Kor cocked an eyebrow but nodded hefting the case with a little grunt of effort. He was confused but he had long decided not to talk until he had the whole story, which he didn't yet.

He carried the case back inside and placed it on a counter looking to Ribmatt to either open it or tell Kor he could.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 pm

He motions to the case for him to open it once it was dryer and more stable. "But, as a man who's closer to my age than other should understand, you can't beat the classic, Kor."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Kor popped open the case and raised the lid revealing a set of sturdy Mandalorian armor. The big man stared for a moment before closing the case and looking at the other man "this has to be old and important, this type of armor is rare and if I remember rightly has to be worn by a Mandalorian. Isn't it, I don't know offensive that I would wear it?" Kor knew little about Mandalorian culture but thought he remembered something about only Mandalorians wearing the armor.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:19 pm

"I wouldn't go around wearing it at your next Mandalorian get-together..." He gave a large grin. "Things are needing to be done, this planet has been invaded. I would much rather see it used by someone and have those Imperials taken out than just have it sit and gather dust. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. And, if it makes you feel bad, just know it's a loan until I get it can find that armor of yours. So don't go selling it on me after this is over, please."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Kor nodded and extended a hand to the business man giving it a firm shake if taken "Thank you Dartris, I'll put it to good use, might even make some upgrades to it if you don't mind. Want to make sure I'm able to give it back to you, and that its in one piece when I do." his voice became more sersious for a second, more sincere "I mean it, I appreciate this. I'll take good care of it. Hopefully make the person who wore it proud."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:08 am

He extends his hand to his in greetings, clasping it before moving to take his drink in his lips. "Ehh, do what you want with it to make it work for you. Makes it easier to get it back from you if you're alive and in one piece while wearing it, y'know?" He laughs. "Krann was a bit of a bastard and might actually be bitter about you wearing the whole thing. Probably try to kill you for the insult. He's not here to complain, though, right?" Ribmatt laughed out loud and went back to drinking, letting go of his hand. "I'll know you'll make yourself worthy of it before it's all over, though. Though I'm not really a Mandalorian, so it's not my blessing to give. So..." He gives a large shrug. "Well, we'll see how it goes in the end." He places his drink down and clasps his hands together.

"Now go try it on, Kor."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am

Kor laughed with Ribmatt a deep sound that came from his belly. He nodded when Ribmatt said to try it on and Kor opened the box, pulling pieces of armor out and donning them. It took a couple of minutes, maybe a couple more than strictly necesarry as Kor figured out the armor and where everything goes.

But soon enough there he stood, tall and imposing. The Mandalorian must have been a big man because the armor, while a little snug here and there, pretty much fit.

"So," his deep modulated voice coming from the helmet "how do I look?"
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:22 pm

"Like a damn Mandalorian, I say. He was a bulky bastard like you, but it still looks good." He raises his glass to finish it off. "To Krann. Dying to protect a friend so I could offer his stuff to protect to...well, not friend. Good acquaintance I suppose." Placing the empty glass on the table, he gives a warm greeting. "I tried wearing the helmet once, just because. Bout the only thing that would fit on me. Yup, gonna make quite a number of Imperials soil their white shiny armor today when they see that."
Dartris Ribmatt

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere