[D8LA] Long Arm of the Law

Local watering hole.

Re: [D8LA] Long Arm of the Law

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Cal pursed his lips, studying Quinn for a long time.

Finally, he smiled wryly. "Don't know for sure, but I'm gonna guess that being a Jedi isn't gonna change that. Probably make it worse, in fact. It just means that people see different things." He pulled back the corner of his vest collar, showing the silver triangle he wore. "I know this changes what people see. A lightsaber probably does the same, only twice as much, at least.'
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:02 pm

"Well, it's not so bad when they see you as a symbol of peace and, I dunno, heroism."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm

"Yeah, well..." Cal chuckled. "You say that now..."

But again, he studied her carefully, his eyes narrowing. "Is that how you want people to see you? It sounds like a lot of work." His tone was more curious than anything else.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 pm

"It's not about want I want. It's about what people need. I could do without my face being easily recognized everywhere. That's just a lot of trouble. But people look up to the Jedi right? To Skywalker? Maybe that's what they need."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:30 pm

"They do. On both counts." Cal nodded.

Smiling, Cal shrugged. "Well... seems to me that it's not an easy road you've chosen to walk. But I think you can do it. Just remember, you've always got a home here if you want one." He smirked. "Gonna keep an eye on you in sabaac, though. How do I know you can't read my mind, see what cards I have?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:53 pm

"That would be cheating," she said.
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Cal's eyebrows went noticeably up. "And you don't do that anymore? Well, I'll be." He teased.

After a moment, he smiled. "So... I guess next is we kick the Imps off of Noventa. And this Seneschal, too. Are you gonna stick around after that? If we're not gettin' too far ahead of ourselves."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

"I don't know. Maybe. Or maybe it'd be time to move on. Depends. I don't usually stay in one place this long."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:49 pm

"Huh." Cal pursed his lips. "Yeah, I get that. Well, like I said, if you wanna stick around, you've got a place here. You've more'n earned it."

He glanced at Quinn. "You know, actually, I think I was the same age you are now when I set out on my own for the first time. Left from this very building, in fact. So I guess it'd be somehow appropriate if you moved along, too." He sighed. "Hate to find as good a bouncer as Kor, though. Maybe that big robot. He seems to like it here for some reason."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:53 pm

"Sounds like you were a late bloomer," she said. "I was on my own years ago."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Cal snorted. "Compared to you, maybe, I guess. Not everyone would agree. But that's probably why I've always been happy to have you along on our jobs. Wouldn't make much sense for me to object to your age, after all."

He gave her yet another thoughtful look. "How much time did you spend really on your own? You've got Kor now. And your mentor before him, sounds like. Anyone else?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm

"Nobody, not since my parents. I'd say, 4 years? 5? I don't know exactly."
Quinn Largo

Previous

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere