[D8LA] Long Arm of the Law

Local watering hole.

[D8LA] Long Arm of the Law

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Cal's expression was, if anything more difficult to read than usual. This was saying something, as he usually limited his expressions to welcoming smiles or neutrality. Perhaps he was deep in thought, or worry. Or maybe he was just tired.

Regardless, he moved somewhat aimlessly behind the bar, shifting things around, sometimes cleaning them with his washcloth. He was dressed to stay in rather than go out, wearing his usual shirt and vest combo, but he still glanced towards the door from time to time.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: [D8LA] Long Arm of the Law

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Quinn came in, looking a little frustrated but doing a good job hiding it as soon as she noticed other people were around.

"Hey," she said, putting on her smiling face. "How's the masses of customers treating us?"
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:35 pm

In fact, there weren't a huge number of customers; Imperial occupation tended to keep the numbers down. Still, there were a few of the regulars, here and there, mostly keeping to themselves.

Cal looked up as the door open, the strange expression giving way to a smile. "Masses, huh? Are your youthful eyes spotting something I can't?"

He gave her a look. "How's..." he chuckled, shaking his head. "Wow, there's a lot more stuff I feel like askin' you than just a week ago." He jerked his head towards the end of the bar. "Wanna have a seat, see if we can get it covered?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:38 pm

"Uh, sure..."

Her usual habit was to avoid the kind of questions she was expecting; but once people see you swing around a lightsaber, subtlety kind of goes out the window.

She took a seat at the bar. "What do you want to know?"
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Cal slid over to stand across from Quinn. After all, a lot of the things they were gonna discuss they probably didn't want people overhearing.

"Well..." Cal scratched at the stubble. "So, you're a Jedi. We covered that yesterday, I guess. Twice, kinda. Uh..." He shrugged. "What's that mean, exactly?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:59 pm

"Well, I'm not really a Jedi like the old ones. I just had a master, briefly, who was a jedi and escaped the purges. She taught me the basics, how to fight with a lightsaber, a bit about the Jedi... and then we got separated."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:04 pm

"Separated, huh?" Cal gave Quinn a gentle smile. "Do you know what happened to her? And is that where you got the... well, you know." Cal cleared his throat. "The lightsaber?" It still felt weird to talk about this stuff at all, much less with the teen girl whose been living in your house for months now.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm

"No, I made the lightsaber a few days ago," she said, "After I found a crystal for it. As for my master, I don't know... exactly... what happened to her. She may be dead, or she might've gotten away from the people that came after us. I did talk with her a few days ago but... I'm not sure that was really her. It's complicated."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:22 pm

"That... yeah, okay, that's complicated." Cal agreed, smirking. "And here I thought you were just a troublesome kid." He didn't, of course, but teasing Quinn was fun.

He shook his head. "Maybe asking about the past is the wrong direction. As long as you've showed me your toys, maybe we should have a longer version of that conversation we had a few days ago? About the darkness and all that?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:48 pm

"Right..." she grew a little quieter. "...the Seneschal. I've been trying to forget. Kind of hard not to with everything going on."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:52 pm

"The Seneschal?" Cal grimaced. "Well, that's one hell of a title. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Vader'd call himself 'Dark Lord of the Sith', as if any of that was supposed to mean anything to anyone."

His lips pressed together. "Sounds like you don't know much more than last time, huh? You're not just keepin' more secrets?" He smiled. "I feel like most of 'em are out there, after yesterday."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:42 pm

"Yeah. I mean, I guess there's my family stuff; which may come around and be a problem soon too..."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Cal blinked. "Wait, what? Family stuff, too? Is that different from the Jedi stuff, and the Seneschal and all the rest of that?"

He smirked at her. "Should I be getting one of those big crime boards, with pictures and string and everything for this?" He raised his hands, gesturing at the wall behind him, as though framing a spot for such a project.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:14 pm

She sighed a little. "You ever hear of the Largo Family? They're not as big as the Black Sun or anything, but they're still a really big and powerful syndicate. Family run. My family."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Cal frowned. "Yeah... it's a name I've heard from time to time. You don't get to be in the law business without at least hearing all the major players."

He gave her a look, eyebrows raised. "So... you're on the run from them? Just how hard are they looking for you, anyways? And you're one of them?" He shook his head with a grin. "I really should get out one of those big boards. Anything else? Luke Skywalker's your step-brother, or anything?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm

"Don't know about any step-brothers, but my parents are part of the leadership. I decided I didn't want to inherit that responsibility and life, so I ran. There's a pretty big bounty on taking me back alive, I guess."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 pm

"Is that so?" After a moment, Cal shrugged. "Well... hey, as long as you're here, you're safe. Anyone comes looking for you, they'll have to settle with..." he smirked, "-Kor, first."

He pursed his lips. "I'm guessin' he knows your story, too?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm

"Ehhh..." she adopted an exagerated 'looking away' posture. "...a little?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:37 pm

"Huh." Cal considered that for a few moments, his expression thoughtful.

"You probably should." He finally said. "Just so as he knows why he'll be beating the tar out of anyone who comes along. I mean, he's still gonna do it. But seems like he should know."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:09 pm

"Yeah. I just, hadn't got around to it, you know?"

She shrugged.

"So much stuff happening."
Quinn Largo

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere