Stand Your Ground [Day 7, Early Evening, Siyulibqicha]

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: Stand Your Ground [Day 7, Early Evening, Siyulibqicha]

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:49 pm

Normally, Cal looked a bit younger than his age, a few lines around his eyes being the only clue. Hearing that plea in Quinn's voice, though, he briefly looked older. He looked quickly away again, one hand brushing across his face.

When he looked back, he was smiling. "Hey, don't worry, Quinn. We'll do right by you. And take real good care of you." He put his hand on her shoulder too, right by Yara's.

He breathed in. "Don't know if it's quite my place to say that I'm proud of you, of how you showed who you are today." He shrugged. "But, well, there it is."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:59 pm

This seemed like a rather somber moment and Kai, as nice he usually was didnt really have anything encouraging to say to the girl. A metal arm will complement your lightsaber didnt reall seem appropriate.
So he busied himself policing the battlefield.

Maybe that chiss had enough on him to buy the lass a new arm? Maybe not though. Either way weapons and other items of note would we stacked in one pile, bodies in another.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Kor placed a hand on the girl briefly but he didn't want to crowd her. She already had a doctor fussing over her and Cal being, well, Cal. So he gave her a nod and went to help Kai clean things up, Quinn knew that if she needed to talk about it he would be available to do so.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm

"How... I thought they were all gone?" Fey was both a bit amazed, but mostly still baffled by it all. Did this mean she was a friend of Temra, who was going to stop this dark-icky-thing going on?
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 am

From the other corners, when Chiwu returned, there were the reports of a couple dead and others injured among the people of the village but they were, altogether, rather whole. Organizing her people Chiwu opened up her tavern to be used as a space for all of the injured. Not yet tending to the mercenaries she'd hired, but their time would come.

As for the battlefield, the bodies were scattered and their armors damaged. Should someone try to look this battlefield alone it would take them at least the better part of the evening. [Rest of this Timeslot, the Next, and One More on Day 8 because of the encroaching darkness. Each of the minions would have one Riot Gun [~1000 Credit Value] and five credits [This would be ~5, some less, some more, but equals out to 5 per person].

Chiss has a Stimpack, and a Blaster Rifle.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 am

Quinn nodded at the support of her companions, Cal's words and Kor's gesture, while Fey blasted right past the issue of the arm and focused on the Jedi stuff. Truthfully, that was kind of what Quinn needed. Get her mind off of things.

"Some went in hiding, like my master. The empire tried to track them all down though, sending inquisitors like the one you may have seen when they showed up here."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:Kor placed a hand on the girl briefly but he didn't want to crowd her. She already had a doctor fussing over her and Cal being, well, Cal. So he gave her a nod and went to help Kai clean things up, Quinn knew that if she needed to talk about it he would be available to do so.

Kai gave a grunt of greeting to the other man as he made his way over, happy to have the help. This kind of work wasn't really the kind of thing women and children should be doing after all. "Always hated this part." He offered softly to the other man as they worked. The amount of bodies would probably take them quite a smile to get through, and they might not finish.

((Kai will stay helping to get things cleaned up, and to get hsi crew's cut of things until Mid evening. So two of the time slots. He won't be returning day 8. Unsure as to Kor's intention, but I assume the big guy will stay through the rest of the EE time slot. I should note he isn't just looting, but stacking the bodies of the mercenaries out for burning or burial as well.))
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Kor nodded "It's not the most pleasant part of these things." Kor said as he hefted two up, one on each shoulder and tossed them in the pile "honestly forgot what it was like, haven't done this kind of thing in years." Kor had been in scraps but not real battles or anything since leaving the empire. Kor obviously never really forgot but he had stopped thinking about it and tried not to most of the time. The big man grew quiet, oddly quiet, even for him and worked stripping and stacking bodies.

((Kor will stay through mid evening, by my count should be 2 riot blasters per person and 10 credits per person if each minion group was made of 4 minions.))
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:42 pm

"Not that there are all that many pleasant parts of these things." Kai finished, letting the silence take over after that. Much like Kor the Phoenix had tried to stay out of this kind of business as well over the time they had been together. Not that they hadn't been in fights either, but nothing really to this scale. Still, they had learned early to take anything usable. Work could be hard to find, and laying low cost money, as distasteful as it could be this type of thing had to be done if the time could be afforded for it.

((There are more dead mercenaries around the town. I'll wait for honor to give us final numbers on what is found, then we will figure out what to do with it if that's okay with everyone.))
Kai Wryssald

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm

[Trusting Kor's Count, I will note there are 5 Minions per group. So, that's another set of 15 Credits in the pool. Noted for use of time. Will look at this thread for any in-game responses when I can.]
Honorordeath

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Leaving the two strong guys to move the bodies, Cal did his best to assist with the inside; helping to clear a space for Doc to work, and for the wounded to get help, that sort of thing.

"Do you think it's over?" He grunted to Chiwu as he passed her.
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:19 am

Kai continued to his work, rather oblivious to anything else as the evening wore on. There was a lot of work ahead of them after all

((Total 15 Scatter guns, 1 bladter rifle, 75 credits, and 1 stim pack. The Ivory phoenix had negotiated for a share of the weapons dropped by the mercenaries in addition to any payment, so was figuring on taking 5 Scatter guns and the blaster rifle. leaving 10 scatter guns, the 75 credits, and the single stim pack. Honor said we were provided with 6k credits total, split six ways that would be 1000 credits each. Kait would be willing to pitch 200 into the get the jedi a new arm fund though. Making his share 800 and quinn's 1200. feel free to poke me int you have any objections ))
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 pm

(Cal will also donate 200 credits to the "Quinn's new arm fund")
Cal Arcton

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:05 pm

(sure Kor will give 200 to the fund as well, so the take away is about 2 guns each for the rest of us and 1000 creds. I move the stim goes to the doctor and the 75 floating creds go to the kid since she needs the cash for the new arm. Any objections?)
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm

(Sure, sounds fine to me))
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Previous

Return to Plains of Noventa