Heart of Glass (D7, LA)

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: Heart of Glass (D7, LA)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Fey nodded. "Working alone isn't always the best way."

Accepting his contact info, Temra likewise was given her own contact info as well as the name of the ship at the starport that she was living in. "If I'm not around, you could probably ask for Kai, Lena, or Jelna. We usually keep track of eachother, especially in situations like these. So you live at the medical center then, in case I need to reach you?"
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm

"Yes, Dr Suhr has been most generous in letting all her staff reside on premises. It also is most pragmatic in case of late night arrivals. While the clinic does have standard hours of practice, I've never seen her turn away a needy patient."
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:48 pm

"Ah, Doc, right?" she connected the dots a bit more, having only met the doctor briefly. "Can't say I know her, but monsieur Cal Arcton speaks well of her."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 pm

"Mister Arcton has the right of it. Dr Suhr is an ex-resistance member, benevolent, kind and not one to take this occupation lying down. Unfortunately, if these Imperials have done their research, they may already be aware if these...less than desirable traits."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:56 pm

"In such a short amount of time?" Fey raised an eyebrow. It seemed unlikely based on the investigations leading up to the coup. "I wouldn't worry too much about that... yet, at least. I don't think they have quite the forces needed to go and root out potentail problems."

While she couldn't see the Imperial ship in orbit right now, she looked up to where she thought it was. "This is a skeleton crew, and they're probably rushing to accumulate as much resources as possible. Maybe they'll get backup though...?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 pm

"I hope not. I guess it depends on their intentions here. What they have at present is probably enough for a display of force. As long as they're not looking to establish a permanent base here."

Following Fey's gaze upward, he sighs wistfully. "Don't suppose that has an unguarded thermal exhaust port?"
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 pm

It seemed unlikely to her, from the intel she had, but the future was unpredictable.

Following his gaze up, she chuckled. "Of course it has a thermal exhaust port. Where else would the thermal exhaust go?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 am

"You never heard the story about how that Imperial space station got blown up then? A single proton torpedo in the exhaust port?" Temra had thought his comment was witty, but maybe he didn't tell it right. His jokes had a habit of landing flat.
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:04 pm

She gave a shrug. "I was like... 12 or 13 when the first Death Star was taken out and I didn't hear about it until later. The Imps were mostly talking about it like it was some sabotage or something from what I overheard."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 pm

"Interesting, I guess each side wants to put their own spin on it. The Rebellion wants everyone to think it was a noble victory, underdog in the face of the all powerful Empire, while the Empire wants to paint the Rebellion as sneaky saboteurs."

Temra shrugs. "Doesn't change the end result though, just the narrative surrounding it."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 pm

"That is true," she nodded in agreement. It didn't really matter to her if it was sabotage or some lucky shot... exhaust ports existed for a reason, damnit! Was the Death Star supposed to just collapse on itself from all the thermal heat that had nowhere to go?

Not that she would have minded that, of course. It probably would've done the Galaxy a big favor.

"Guess you could say the tables have turned now? That the Empire is now the underdogs... though I have no intention of letting them get their bearings if I can stop it. The Republic doesn't mean anything to me, old or new, but I'll be damned if I let those bastards get away with the things they've done."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Previous

Return to Plains of Noventa