Stand Your Ground [Day 7, Early Evening, Siyulibqicha]

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: Stand Your Ground [Day 7, Early Evening, Siyulibqicha]

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 pm

[Kor receives One Strain, Chiss is downed, will roll for crit if you decide against killing him otherwise you may note that he is dead in a follow up post.
Correction with before, 9 Damage was after Soak was already applied. Meaning Quinn has 9 Damage before healing.]

"You're a-" he grunts, growls in pain as the lightsaber sears flesh and then raises his blaster up toward Quinn. Only for Kor to come in from the side and deal a deadly blow, sending the Chiss to black. His body falling to the ground.

Watching this display the Captain of the forces at the central point simply utters, "Mercenary scum," firing his blaster at the Jedi before rushing off into the waiting armored transports. Two of them break off to the other sides of the conflict and the third begins, with the current Captain a hasty retreat.

Captain: Short Range, Quinn: 2eP+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

[Quinn is damaged 8, soaks to 5. Quinn has 6 Damage applied to her in total. Captain recovers strain. Uses Two Manuevers, Escapes onto transport. ]

[Combat may effectively end at this point as the enemy forces are in full retreat]
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Quinn got hit again, but this time she did not scream in pain. She had been too focused on her immediate opponent to even acknowledge the hit. But then he was down, and the rest fled.

Her lightsaber retracted, and she attached it to her belt; before taking out a stimpack and applying it. She still could not really feel her arm.

(5 wounds healed with stimpack, down to 1 wound?)
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:02 pm

The smoke was still clearing, but it seemed that the fighting was over. Cal rose to his feet, holstering his pistols in one smooth motion. "Everyone okay?" He called, even as he looked around. They had some wounded, but it looked like everyone was still standing, anyway.

He gave Chiwu a nod. "Why don't you see to the rest of your people. Holler if you need anything."

Slowly, he walked over to where Quinn stood, the glow of her lightsaber still illuminating the surrounding area. He was silent until she turned it off. "Well, I'll be." He murmured, smiling. "Never seen one of those before. Or a Jedi, for that matter."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Fey moved closer to Kai as the fighting ended, but her eyes were on Quinn. There was a stunned surprise evident on her face from what they had just seen.

"... I didn't know..."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 pm

"You alright?" Kai asked as Cefey moved over, she had bee shot after all, and his eyes were for her and her wounds not the kid with a glowing sword.

Who gave the kid one of those anyways? It seemed like something no sensible person should give a kid until they were twenty five or so.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:39 pm

She looked up at Cal while rubbing her arm. There was a smile on her face though; because you always had to put on a good face.

"I told you I was a Jedi."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:42 pm

"I'll be fine," she assured him, "you've had much worse, you know."

The stim had done it's job to numb the initial pain, and the reinforced duster had made sure it would only leave a bruise. "Was that what I think it is...?" Fey indicated the glowing sword.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm

"Probably?" Kai offered after a moment. "I'm not too much of a expert on the force." Except the one in my pants, Boom! He really couldn't take that name seriously. "Sure as heck seemed that way though."

"Know much about them? The Jetti or whatever they were called?"
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Kor's bubbling anger was reducing to a low simmer now that the chiss was dead at his feet. The big man looked to Quinn "are you alright?" He had already known she was looking for the weapon so he wasnt overly surprised that she had found one, Quinn was like that, when she wanted something she found a way to get it.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:12 pm

"I don't know. I can't feel my arm."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Quinn Largo wrote:She looked up at Cal while rubbing her arm. There was a smile on her face though; because you always had to put on a good face.

"I told you I was a Jedi."

Cal smiled. "Never doubted you. But it's one thing to hear it, and another thing to see it." He studied her a few moments longer, still smiling. "Well done, kid." He finally said, his voice rough.

He turned quickly away. "Let's see about gettin' inside, away from all of this. Doc can patch you up." He shot a quick nod at Cefey, and Kai next to her, including her in the patching up.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Yara picks up her pistol from the ground and holsters it, nodding assent to Cal's suggestion. Medic tunnel-vision has set in; she'll gawp about the lightsaber later, perhaps. Probably, in fact.

"Yes. Let's get all the wounded inside, please." She looks around for Chiwu. "Where shall we take them? Even a clean kitchen or dining table would do."
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Now that the fight was over, the adrenaline was slowly dissipating. Quinn nodded her agreement with the suggestion.
Quinn Largo

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Inside someone's home, Yara does a quick triage of the injured villagers and townies and determines Quinn's wounds look the most severe. Her kit is well-stocked with anesthetics, so Quinn is soon feeling no pain, but...

"Quinn. I'm so sorry, but I need to tell you now that don't think you're likely to get your mobility back in this hand." As she adjusts the straps of Quinn's sling, the doctor's voice has the calm sympathy of someone who's delivered this news before, though the hint of a rawer hurt might be visible in her eyes. "I've cleaned and neatened up the injury for now, because that's all I can do without a surgical suite, but the damage is very severe. Leaving it as it is indefinitely might make you vulnerable to infection and necrosis." She clears her throat slightly. "In these circumstances, I usually recommend a prosthetic replacement. We can do that for you at the clinic."

--

D7 EE--Quinn's crit, Hard, medkit boost, Destiny: 3eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If Fey still needs to recover HP I can toss her a roll... I don't think anyone else was hit?
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:35 pm

"What?" Quinn looked shocked. "That can't be right. No. It's just... a little numb!"
Quinn Largo

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm

((Only missing 1 after the stim but I won't say no to healing. :D ))

Following the others, Fey was more driven by curiosity of Quinn and her saber than she was about her own health right now.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 pm

"That's the neural damage," Yara says in a calm, even voice, giving Quinn's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I've seen it before, with deep blaster burns like this. The tissue is too badly damaged to send feedback to your brain. Even in the best hospitals on Coruscant, there isn't much a surgeon could do with it."

She glances briefly over her shoulder, hoping Cal or Kor is around.

"I wish I could give you better news, Quinn. A good prosthetic can look extremely lifelike, with almost full sensory feedback..."

--
For later, RP-wise: D7 EE--Fey easy healz: 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 5 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fey heals... a bunch more than she needs, plus 3 strain.

Yara Suhr

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm

"Almost..."

Damn it.

It was a real setback.
Quinn Largo

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm

"Are you a jedi?" Fey finally blurted out, unable to contain her curiosity anymore.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Brave face...

Quinn took a moment to center herself, pushing away the worries over her arm, and looked up at Cefey.

"I am," she said with a smile. "Or at least trained by one."

For a few months anyway...
Quinn Largo

PreviousNext

Return to Plains of Noventa