[ME6] - The Noventa Festival

The Capital City of Noventa. Home to Noventa Spaceport, Sienar Fleet Systems Factory.

Re: [ME6] - The Noventa Festival

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 am

Tania had brought her scarf over her head as the Star Destroyer had appeared in orbit. Looking about, she noticed Yara approaching her. The woman's features showed grim determination. "I have to send word to the Republic." She quietly spoke, recognizing the woman from the press conference. "Let's go. Not too quickly. Just walk casual." She smiled at the human, following her lead.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:07 am

Jelna glanced around, like a frightened animal looking for a way out. But her pack wasn't around, from what she could see. She had gotten reckless splitting ways with the rest of the Ivory Phoenix.

So the only thing she could do was play along. Go with what she knew best, which was lying to people.
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 am

Ender wrote:Tania had brought her scarf over her head as the Star Destroyer had appeared in orbit. Looking about, she noticed Yara approaching her. The woman's features showed grim determination. "I have to send word to the Republic." She quietly spoke, recognizing the woman from the press conference. "Let's go. Not too quickly. Just walk casual." She smiled at the human, following her lead.

“There’s a comm terminal in the clinic where I work. Unless they’ve commandeered the comms relays—then we need the spaceport.” Yara speaks only just loud enough to be heard, ticking through the possibilities in her mind as she weaves through the crowd. “Commander Suhr, Medical Corps, by the way. Retired,” she adds with a tinge of irony.
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:26 am

Sharn wrote:"What a dandy makeover, seneschal." Sharn raised his brow. "These are some remnants of the recently fallen Empire trying to assert authority over a resource-rich outlying world to fuel sticking to their defeated cause in hope for a rebound. The Empire's main architects, Emperor Sheev Palpatine and Darth Vader are dead, alongside most of their moffs. This Star Destroyer is just a sad remembrance of its former galactic military power, and Admiral Patrice Verlasso was not a part of the top brass."

From your Knowledge Roll: Gladiator-class Star Destroyers were the smallest ships of the line of the Star Destroyer class. Used mainly in the Outer Rim, where even they could project the power of Imperial Might. They tended to be excellent Fighter carriers.

"I see." Nygmus pursed his lips, looking up at it, and the way everyone seemed to be running this way and that. "If you put your mind to it, what do you think their chances of success are? Is the reason that the Empire fell able to respond quickly?" He raised an eyebrow, looking to his pupil.
Ender

Postby Sharn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:45 am

"They will not hold the planet, not with what is above. They may keep the capital and key areas like the Sienar factory via a puppet government and martial law, but a resistance will emerge in the hinterlands soon enough and the New Republic will support it. The longer they stay the worse it will become. Unless this Gladiator is just a vanguard for a bigger starfleet and personnel deployment. During the heyday of the Empire my cousin was dealing with an uprising on a similarly vast, resource-rich world. It was an ordeal with little net return." Sharn recalled the good times with Thrawn, and felt a pang of longing for him. The emotion was of intensity he wouldn't expect from himself, and it surprised him. Damn purrgil-summoning Jedi zealots.
Last edited by Sharn on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm

"Hmm." Nygmus didn't elaborate, merely folding hisnarms across his chest. "If it were a vanguard, why would an Admiral come down personally?" He whispered the question, looking to gauge Sharn's response.
Ender

Postby Sharn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

"Imperial Navy was an immense structure. I can't recall anything in particular about Verlasso, so she must have been minor or advanced late. She may have made a gamble with shock and awe premium her title might instill in lesser minds by appearing now. But more likely it's everything that is left under her command. A lot of the Imperial Navy remnants followed the call to Jakku where they suffered the final defeat." He paused. "This is a Gladiator-class vessel. I have reasons to believe that the initial scout deployment was done in pods from a superior Imperator-class star destroyer. Makeshift complementing is very possible, many systems produced at Kuat Drive Yards were compatible, but an off chance remains that there is some backup, perhaps currently performing another mission."
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 pm

"Hmm." Nygmus, not that he felt unconvinced, though, just weight the options. "Your tactical acumen seems sound, though I truly wouldn't have a way of rating such things." His arms moved, folding behind his back. "I shall have to observe this new development closely, Sharn. Thank you, for your insights." He smiled at his student, and then nodded to Sharn's Zeltron companion, before departing into the crowd.
Ender

Postby Sharn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

"So that was Nygmus." Sharn said blandly, returning his attention to Syzygy.

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 pm

"He seemed like a Nygmus." she nodded. "So, what should we do now?"
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:57 pm

"Slowly depart, I believe."

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 am

She nodded, suggesting a path to follow with a wave. "What will happen here next? Will more of this Admiral's forces be showing up?"

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:34 am

"They are deploying more to have a modicum of control across the city. But I doubt they have more than 2k. This is not enough to assume full control of it, not even mentioning the rest of the planet. Like I mentioned to Nygmus, however, there's an off chance that more vessels will be coming."

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am

"It would be good to find out if there're more on the way." she sighed.

Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am

"Maybe the answer is in that droid that tampered with the relay."

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:04 pm

She nodded. "That seems likely. There are probably more out there, too."

Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm

"Whatever the truth, our crew is uniquely predisposed to learn it early."

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:31 am

She nodded. "As it should be.^

Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

And with that, they unassumingly left.

/exit

Sharn

Previous

Return to Noventa City