Heart of Glass (D7, LA)

The untamed lands of Noventa

Heart of Glass (D7, LA)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 pm

She had managed to get the contact info of the iktotchi she had met during the chaos. The one who had helped her. Not only did she want to meet him more properly, but... maybe he had some answers for her questions - so Fey had asked him to meet her at an abandoned waystation not far from the city.

She didn't want to bring him to the ship incase she was wrong about this... she had made so many mistakes lately, after all. And she wanted to get away from the city to speak more privately about this.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Re: Heart of Glass (D7, LA)

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Temra was intrigued by the invitation, he had felt a connection with Cefey when they had first met and after getting a load off his chest earlier with Yara, he was in a mood more conducive to sharing.

Whether she was worth sharing with was another matter. Daen had warned him of darkness, he felt it, was this individual aligned with it or against it. Only time would tell.

He raised his hand in greeting as he approached slowly and cautiously. This was a perfect spot for an ambush after all.
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:31 pm

While she wore her reinforced duster, and the matching blaster pistols in her belt, the twi'lek did not seem to have any hostile intentions as she waited more or less in the open, and upon noticing Temra's approach she rose up from where she had been sitting.

"Heya," Fey gave him a wave, and felt both relieved and nervous all at once. "... Glad to see you're ok, after what happened yesterday..."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 pm

"Okay may be a gross overexaggeration Miss. Physically I am as well as can be expected, as it appears you are. I'm glad there weren't too many injuries among the populace. No stampedes, no riots, at least no victims of such turned up at the clinic."

Temra was casually dressed, but there was an obvious bulk under his clothes, and a vibro axe strapped ro his back.
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 pm

"Perhaps so... but gotta take those good things where we can find them in these circumstances, right?" she offered with a weak smile and sat back down again on the trunk of an old fallen tree. "Guess we can make more proper introductions too? I'm Fey, and... uh, thank you for coming. Really."

Damn, how was she supposed to start this conversation?
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 pm

Taking a seat a little further down the log, Temra umclips his axe and lays it down against the wooden seat.

"Better good news than bad news. I am Temra by the way, Temra Zol, of the Neda Ulaby Medical Centre. And while your name is now no longer a mystery, Miss Fey, the reason for your invitation is."

He cocks his head to one side. "Or maybe it isn't. You felt it too, didn't you." He opines rather than asks.
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:02 am

She looked like she was about to speak a few times, but she settled on a nod at first.

"Yes. I... don't know how to explain it, as I don't really understand it, but I felt there was, hmm," Fey pressed her lips together for a moment, "a connection? If that makes sense?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:21 am

"Keep in mind that I'm no expert on the subject, but it's a connection I've been exposed to before. You, and indeed I, are what is referred to as Force Sensitive."

He keeps an eye on Fey to gauge her reaction to the term and the revelation of her condition.
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 am

She slowly exhaled with that explanation.

"So it's true then..." Fey had suspected it, but talking about it with Jelna had just been weird, and she felt like she wasn't believed. "... How do you know? Isn't it something Jedi used to be?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:52 am

"That is true." Temra confirmed. "The Jedi are famously associated with it, but so are the inquisitors like the one who arrived planetside yesterday. Light and dark, good and evil, both sides of the same cred chip."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:03 am

"Hmm..." she nodded with understanding. Jelna had said something similar too. "Then, are you a Jedi?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 am

Temra laughed in amusement. "Hardly. It is my understanding that the Empire spent the last few decades hunting them down. The man who told me what I know of this stuff was though. Shazziq knew much, he had a lightsaber. He stuck his neck out for others, but he wasn't one for labels."

"He said it took more than just a few tricks and a sword to make a Jedi."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:16 am

She chuckled weakly at that. "I've no idea what it takes to be a jedi. Or an inquisitor for that matter."

"All I know is that some people I've met here have that same feeling about you as you do, and... I don't know when this happened to me."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:29 am

"Nor I, so I try to content myself with being a good man. I've had the same, met a few individuals beside yourself who gave me that feeling Miss Fey, but that is their secret to divulge."

He rubs at his chin and jaw, thinking. "As for when it happened to you, I believe one is either born with it or not. Although some, like myself for instance, don't learn of their sensitivity until later in life."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 am

"Hmm..." so she had passed undetected in the Empire. A slave truly was beneath notice it seemed. "I don't really know much about all this. Still trying to understand it as it's only very recently I started to suspect this - I just thought I was good at what I put my mind to, not that I had some superpowers."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 am

Sagely, the Iktotchi nods along with Cefey's words.

"It can be a large shock, finding out one's talents might not be...all your own, but at the same it is yours. If you know what I mean?"

He scratches behind his horns a little self- consciously. "I'm not doing a very good job explaining this am I." He admitted, a little ashamed.
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:25 am

"I... think I know what you mean," she nodded cautiously. "Heh, maybe I shouldn't have expected you to have all the answers I'm searching for. I'm just trying to make sense of it all now. Sorry."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm

"Apologies are unnecessary, this is new to you, and confusing. It is not so long ago that I was where you are now, metaphorically speaking. I understand your need of answers."

Temra smiles broadly as he chats. "There's got to be some people out in the galaxy who know more about this sort of stuff."
Temra Zol

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:32 pm

"I hope so," she looked up at the sky, wondering who else out there could give the answers. Who wouldn't want to hurt her or punish her for what she'd done. "What was it like for you, dicsovering you had these powers?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Temra Zol » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:40 pm

"Conflicting." Temra summed up in a single word. "I consider myself a man of science and education. These 'magic tricks' fly in the face of all I believed and understood about the nature of the universe."

"It took me quite some time to come to terms with it, and even then I didn't really develop any abilities until very recently. Can I ask if you have shown any...talents?"
Temra Zol

Next

Return to Plains of Noventa