[Day 7-LA] Pride of the Parsecs

Local watering hole.

[Day 7-LA] Pride of the Parsecs

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:41 pm

They were driving out to a town soon, into a fight that might not be winnable so before they left Kor brought a meal out to the Manka. He had been caring for the cat for days now, spending his off time just sitting with him. Getting to know the animal, letting it get used to him, smell him. He had noticed the animal seemed different, maybe smarter than other animals. At any rate it seemed to be able to understand him, it reacted to him in a way few other animals had before.

Kor brought the meat to the cage, he had untied the cat a day ago so now just the bars kept the beast back. The manka's wounds were healing, he may not have been at 100% yet but he was certainly making progress. Like so many times before he knelt down near the cage and laid the tray of meat there for it to eat, lingering a moment and looking at it "How are you feeling today?"
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Re: [Day 7-LA] Pride of the Parsecs

Postby Flession » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:01 pm

The Manka knows your presence and has slowly gotten used to your arrival. Accepting you more as the being who defeated it, it simply crawls up to the cage and looked at the meat provided by you and begins to consume. Slowly, but surely, its domestication was becoming a uncomfortable reality for the being. The Alpha looks up at at you, stopping its meal, before moving back to it , gnawing on the meat.
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Kor crouched near the cage "You were not meant for this. I know." He reached up and unlatched the cage, in the past few days they had erected fencing around the back area, Kor felt he could let it out at least here, at least for a bit. "I don't want to keep you here if you do not want to be here but your wounds are almost healed, then I will take you back somewhere you can be free. If that is what you wish." Kor knew the animal couldn't understand the words he spoke but he hoped the emotions came through. He was fairly certain he could take the animal if it attacked him, for now he stood and stood back from the cage, drawing himself to his full height and adjusting his body language to be strong and imposing but not aggressive or threatening.
Last edited by Korvalus Dunbri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 am

The Alpha looked on and stared at him for a moment. It reached down within the feelings it had learnt to understand and remained calm. The being before him gave him no ill will from the times he had sensed it. It could always sense feelings and creatures, making him more powerful and in control of everything.

Now it laid here, held in a small walking area and looked down, finishing its meal while the next area opened up inside. It looked on at the exit and at Kor, contemplating something before it sat back down and finished up eating its meal before walking over to Kor and stretching itself widely.
Flession

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 am

Kor tentatively reached a hand down for the Manka to inspect, he felt no fear of the creature, not anymore. It had done its trick a few times but hadn't done it the past two days. Kor had learned how it sensed things, how it perceived things. Kor knew if he felt any fear the animal would know and he was a predator. If the manka sensed fear, sensed weakness it would attack.

So Kor extended his hand out to him but radiated confidence not fear. He felt he had nothing to fear from the cat the way the cat had come to realize it had nothing to fear from Kor.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am

The Alpha finishes its stretch as it approached you, looking up at you for a moment and grunts, which was the signal that it would allows you to touch him, being content it felt no sense of ill will towards himself. This being showed him the proper respect for his creature, while still showing caution due to its strength. Defeating him would have to come eventually to restore his right to lead, but for now, there could be peace between them.
Flession

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Kor gently ran his hand over the animal's head. His fingers parting the fur and gently scratching the skin underneath. The cat was a powerful predator, Kor could feel it's muscles subtly shifting just under the skin.

And idea occurred to the man as he stood stroking the big cat's fur. "So would you like to go hunting soon, see how well you're recovering?" Kor obviously couldn't hunt with the beast, he had none of those skills, but he would release it in the forest. Let it have it's fun, keep its instincts sharp and if it came back he would be happy but if it stayed out he wouldn't mind that much either. Kor didn't have to keep the cat, he just couldn't stand to see such a unique creature die.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:34 pm

He paused to sense the feelings of, and it brought out feelings of something. He moved in further to nod his head into his hand, enjoying the feeling of his touch on his skin; It was petting all the right spots. The Alpha looked on and glanced at the gate with grunt. It understood the word 'hunt' like it was instinctual.

He would always be ready for that.
Flession

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Kor nodded "tomorrow then, I'll take you out to the plains let you loose there for a time. That is if I come back." He had left instructions with his belongings to have the manka released into the wild should anything happen to him.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Flession » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:53 am

The Alpha looks at the gate some more before looking back at you and slumps on the ground. Feeling the hand on him was comforting, to say the least, but there was something about being free that was more appealing that a good scratch on the head.
Flession

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Kor's fingers settled around the cat's ears scratching idly while he sat next to the cat "I do wonder about you, how you got to be the way you are. You know you're different from other animals, I'm just not sure how it happened. That's what nags at me, maybe it's just this place. I've felt something off here before, something dark, but only in places like the caves and forest." Kor let out a long sigh "I don't know maybe I'm out of my depth." His tone was distracted and far away while he spoke.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere