Get a grip [D6, MM]

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

Re: Get a grip [D6, MM]

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:34 pm

"Well, uh..." Cal rubbed at the back of his head this time. "It's, uh, all around us. Part of all life. Some people can feel it, like the Jedi, or the Sith.

He shrugged. "That's all I got. I grew up on a ranch, remember?"
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:35 pm

"You weren't always a rancher though," she said, with a smirk. "But what exactly did she tell you?"
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Cal smiled. "Now hold on. You spill first. I spoke up about the ancient evil first, now it's your turn. Otherwise, how will I know you're not just pretending to know more than you do to get me to talk? I know that trick."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:48 pm

She chuckled and then shrugged. "That's what I get for hanging with outlaws. Long story short, bad guy back from the dead, if you can believe that. Runi and that Chiss found themselves some old book that did the trick I guess."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

"Back from the dead?" Cal's eyes widened. "She said asleep to me." After a moment, he shrugged. "I guess maybe things like that don't matter to someone like that."

He cleared his throat. "She also said they turned the planet into a focus for the Dark Side. I don't claim to know what that means, but it sure sounds bad."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:49 pm

"Well, dead, or a sleep. Same thing if it lasts that long I think. Either way, I've got a bad feeling. We may need to have a long talk, the lot of us, some day soon."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:53 pm

"Yeah." Cal sighed. "I guess we should. But not today, we've got the business with Ribmatt. Maybe tomorrow."

His brow furrowed as he studied Quinn. "I'm surprised she opened up to you about this. Seemed like she was mostly trying to keep quiet about this whole business."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm

"I just have one of those trustworthy faces, you know?"

She cocked her head, raised a brow and shrugged.
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Cal snorted, amused. "Yeah. Sure. That must be it."

He gave her a smile. "You're alright, Quinn. Maybe you do have one of those faces. Normally I'd object to some of the things that you join us for, but... I don't know." He shrugged. "Something about you tells me you know how to take care of yourself."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:04 pm

"Yup. You don't even know, mister."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Cal smirked. "Mister, is it? I feel like we know each other well enough that you can call me Cal. Everyone does."

He glanced at her. "I mean, I call you Quinn. Not 'young miss' or anything like that."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 pm

"Sorry, force of habit. Calling people stuff like that makes them underestimate me."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:47 pm

"Oh, is that a fact?" Cal's eyebrows went up. "Well, I can see how it'd be a good thing for people to underestimate you. I'm just not sure that the same applies to me. Don't you think it'd be better if I estimate you just right?" His tone was half-joking, half-serious.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pm

"Like I said, force of habit. Mister Cal."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Call grinned. "Mister Cal, huh? Well, that's good enough. I can live with that."

He inclined his head to her. "Well, then, miss Quinn, shall we continue along? Although if you want to try to squeeze more info out of me, I'm game. I could tell you the secret to making the best whiskey sour if you like."
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 pm

"That doesn't sound very useful to know. I don't intend to become your next bartender."
Quinn Largo

Previous

Return to The Bazaar