(D6 LA) Magnificent Pitch

Local watering hole.

Re: (D6 LA) Magnificent Pitch

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:04 am

"It's quite a small town," Yara puts in, from where she'd been standing at the edge of the conversational sphere with arms crossed. She uncrosses them now and steps in toward the table, planting a hand to lean in over it. "General store, Ms. Chiwu's tavern, a few homes. One-fathier towns, they used to be called where I grew up." She plucks a few napkins from the caddy on the table and places them in the approximate configuration of the town's buildings. "Some of the structures looked like primarily organic materials, but I don't recall exactly... Ms. Chiwu, this one has a duracrete frame, doesn't it?"

D6 LA--mostly fluff Knowledge Warfare to describe the town layout to them in tactical terms, Hard??: 4eA+3eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:23 am

"It does," she said, looking over the map and putting in mind what building was what that Yara was piecing together. "Old fool always did have a love for his personal security should the worst happen. Think some of it's even reinforced a bit, could be a decent place to fall back to should things get outta hand an' all."

[Destiny Spent, Yara Suhr]
Honorordeath

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 am

Cal gave Yara a nod and a smile. "Nice job, Doc." He said. He stepped forward, looking down at the little map she'd improvised.

"Hmmm..." He scratched his chin. "If I were putting it together, would be good to catch them in a crossfire. Hit 'em hard, and then fall back to fortifications when they try to counterattack." He looked around at the others, Yara, Kai, and Fey, for input.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:19 am

"What if they come in by speeder." Kai asked thoughtfully.

"It's what I would do at the very least. A quick fly-by, followed by assault the weakest point in the defenses." He pondered it work a few moments. "Might even split my forces and have half assault the fortified position, so folks can't fall back."
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:39 am

Looking between them, Chiwu was starting to get the impression that they might just be aiming to accept. From the direction of their talking.

[Thread: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=398]
[Feel free to continue here as you would, planning, accepting or not.]
Honorordeath

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:11 am

Fey trusted Kai's experience in that regard more than her own.

She was just more interested in getting on to the talk about payment. "So, how much we talking here in terms of credits?" While she could sympathize a tiny bit, they wouldn't go risking their lives for free.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am

"No solid number on that miss," she said, chiming in again at the talk of payment. "Much less than you should be getting, but you'd be saving lives. We're a small town. Small folk. I can promise a few thousand credits myself, no tellin' how much more the others can contribute. Maybe a couple thousand more?"
Honorordeath

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:28 am

Cal shrugged. "Don't think they'd start with a rapid attack. More likely a slow show of force, hope to scare the townsfolk into surrendering. Mercenaries usually do their best to get paid without fighting, except for the real crazies."

He pursed his lips. "Still, better to prepare for the worst. We can block off most of the roads, make'em come to us slow."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm

"Eh, we know we're doing a charity work compared to what we'd usually ask to get paid for such jobs," she said, giving a small wave to sweep away the thought that they were only doing this for the money.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Cal went on. "Given the range of what we're armed with..." He made a vague wave at his pistols. "Kor uses a vibro-axe, if you can believe it. Anyway, we should set up the barricades to limit fire to close range. Make sure we don't have to go out to them. That's sure disaster."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

"Well the credit numbers can be padded in other ways." Kai offered after a moment. "If we get through this, those mercenaries are likely to leave behind a good deal of supplies they no longer have a use for. Access to at least a portion of those might be nice. But as my friend said, we do know what you're asking for, and what we are agreeing to."

Turning back to Cal he nodded. "Yeah, and we might look into a few ways to obfuscate our presence as well. Would be nice to be able to get the jump on them."
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm

"You're welcome to whatever you can claim from the bodies," she said, glancing off to the side. The thought of it wasn't very... agreeable to her sense of honor but she wasn't a woman who'd turn down help because of a few moral liberties. "As for drawin' in those folk close, it'd be hard. Lettin' get close to the buildings before the fightin' starts will only endanger our position more than we'd want to."
Honorordeath

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Cal shrugged. "Unless you've got a few folks with good rifles, it might be a choice between that, and sitting back and gettin' picked off. What we want is for the fight to start at optimal range for us. If they've got range on us, we'll have to choose between falling back, and rushing out. Neither one sounds that good to me."
Cal Arcton

Previous

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere