[ME6] - The Noventa Festival

The Capital City of Noventa. Home to Noventa Spaceport, Sienar Fleet Systems Factory.

Re: [ME6] - The Noventa Festival

Postby Ender » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:
Sailee wrote:Every instinct Sailee had began screaming. She'd set enough ambushes to recognize one in the making, and before everything went to Hell, Sailee did her job, and made a beeline for Tewzada.

"No time to explain; we have to move. Now." Please don't argue. Please don't argue. Please don't argue.

She wrapped an arm around the twi'lek's shoulder and loomed over her, her body a shield against anything incoming as she led the way to the nearest cover she could spot on a moment's notice. She was not shy about using her size and strength to 'convince' the reporter to move.

((Strain 5/12))

Tew had been about to answer her Nautolan friend when the Governor started speaking. When she turned to look at the view screens, that was when the chaos erupted. She cursed inwardly.

Of all the times I finally choose not to wear the holocostume...

Then Sailee, from the office, was with her as protection. She looked up at the Cathar woman, nodding. She certainly had no intention of arguing, since she had neither her droid, nor her own stuff with her. So she was ready to go wherever Sailee was intending on taking her.

((Strain 3 taken out of 14))

Yasmin was caught off guard by the sudden interruption in the festivities. It all happened so fast, that in all the chaos, she lost where her friend and the other woman had run off to, without so much as a word. Wide, terrified eyes at the sight of a Star Destroyer floating above the city. Memories of what had happened to her parents flashing through her mind. She felt incredibly small, and powerless.

No, no, no! This... this isn't supposed to happen anymore!
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Temra Zol wrote:"Slow and steady. We don't want to stand out any more than normal." Temra spoke softly as they started to maneuver through the crowd. Although this close to each other, the pair likely both realized that their species was probably the least intriguing facet of their personages to an Imperial Inquisitor.

Cal spotted the two familiar non-humans moving towards him and Kor. Smiling casually, he reached up, patting his friend on the shoulder, and nodding towards the other two, before slowly making his way through the crowd towards them.

"Well, hello there." Cal said, full of false cheer as he gave first Fey then Temra a nod of greeting. "Give you folks a ride?"
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Temra Zol wrote:"Slow and steady. We don't want to stand out any more than normal." Temra spoke softly as they started to maneuver through the crowd. Although this close to each other, the pair likely both realized that their species was probably the least intriguing facet of their personages to an Imperial Inquisitor.

Nodding, Fey followed the lead of the man who knew this place better than she did, keeping herself close to him by holding onto his hand. While Temra probably understood it better than she did, the Twi'lek did notice how he also had that different feeling to him, and she thought of the conversation she had shared with Jelna earlier.

Is this the Force too?

Cal Arcton wrote:Cal spotted the two familiar non-humans moving towards him and Kor. Smiling casually, he reached up, patting his friend on the shoulder, and nodding towards the other two, before slowly making his way through the crowd towards them.

"Well, hello there." Cal said, full of false cheer as he gave first Fey then Temra a nod of greeting. "Give you folks a ride?"

She gave a cautious nod to both Cal and Korvalus. "Yes... please." Kai had said the old man could be trusted, and she hoped that was true.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Quinn allowed herself to get pulled by the crowd. Hopefully she was just an anonymous part of the masses. Still, her attention was focused on the person wielding the red lightsabers as much as circumstances allowed. No telling what they might do, or who they might go after once they were done with the blonde.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Sharn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 pm

"What a dandy makeover, seneschal." Sharn raised his brow. "These are some remnants of the recently fallen Empire trying to assert authority over a resource-rich outlying world to fuel sticking to their defeated cause in hope for a rebound. The Empire's main architects, Emperor Sheev Palpatine and Darth Vader are dead, alongside most of their moffs. This Star Destroyer is just a sad remembrance of its former galactic military power, and Admiral Patrice Verlasso was not a part of the top brass."
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Cefey Raneth wrote:She gave a cautious nod to both Cal and Korvalus. "Yes... please." Kai had said the old man could be trusted, and she hoped that was true.

Kai nodded to the pair as they joined. Outwardly he seemed as stoic as ever but someone skilled at reading people would see the tension in his shoulders and corners of his eyes.

"Cefey. Temra. Ready to get out of here?" Staying seemed to have little merit at this point.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Jelna Vawn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Jelna composed herself, at least on the outside. She glanced back at the crowd behind her and then back to the Inquisitor and the stormtroopers. "It doesn't seem like I have much of a choice in the matter," she stated, slowly to try to get the damn fear out of her words.
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:
Cefey Raneth wrote:She gave a cautious nod to both Cal and Korvalus. "Yes... please." Kai had said the old man could be trusted, and she hoped that was true.

Kai nodded to the pair as they joined. Outwardly he seemed as stoic as ever but someone skilled at reading people would see the tension in his shoulders and corners of his eyes.

"Cefey. Temra. Ready to get out of here?" Staying seemed to have little merit at this point.

"Very," she gave a firm nod, a bit of a weak smile too, but she hoped he could tell that she was trusting him as well as Cal and Temra.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Kor put a big hand on the small twileks shoulder in an attempt to be reassuring "it'll be alright Fey. I know I'm not your Kai but we've got you." He figured since he usually saw her in the presence of the other man she would be missing him in a time like this.

He looked to the group "alright we need move calmly and slowly to an exit, like nothing is wrong. Let's move."
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Temra Zol » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Joining forces with the Kor and Cal helped to relieve some of the pressure Temra was feeling from the whole situation and he slowly let out the deep breath he didn't realize he was holding in.

"Lead the way gentlemen. We're with you."
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Postby Ender » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Quinn Largo wrote:Quinn allowed herself to get pulled by the crowd. Hopefully she was just an anonymous part of the masses. Still, her attention was focused on the person wielding the red lightsabers as much as circumstances allowed. No telling what they might do, or who they might go after once they were done with the blonde.

Standing behind Quinn, the Witch placed a hand on her shoulder, her pale eyes looking about.

"This is worse than I feared." She whispered, her eyes narrowing at the sight of the red wielding lightsaber. "It was ones like that one that wiped out my coven." She bit her lip, steadying herself.
Ender

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 pm

She was momentarily surprised, and almost drew her weapon. Fortunately she didn't have to.

"Right. Inquisitors. I can protect myself now if need be, but there's too many people. On both sides. If this turns into a fight a lot of innocent people are going to end up dead."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Sharn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Sharn tried to remember more about Verlasso but she must have been too obscure and insignificant back in the day. When one was the cousin of Grand Admiral Thrawn and had been building the second Death Star with Tiaan Jerjerrod line officers like here were beyond notice. He studied the destroyer though, trying to recognise whether he had had his hand in its construction.

ME6. Superior Brass Recognition. Correct Roll.: 5eA+1eB+4eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Using Advantage to get something about the ship]
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Temra Zol wrote:Joining forces with the Kor and Cal helped to relieve some of the pressure Temra was feeling from the whole situation and he slowly let out the deep breath he didn't realize he was holding in.

"Lead the way gentlemen. We're with you."

Still fixedly smiling, Cal nodded. "Alright then, we'll take it nice and easy. Just leavin', the same way everyone else is." He shot Kor a quick glance. "And if anyone causes trouble, Kor and I'll kick up a ruckus, and the two of you just keep walking."

He began to put plan into action, flanking the two non-humans, and leading the way out of the area.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Korvalus' gesture was... oddly reassuring, and she managed a brief smile. "Thanks... I... hm, he said I could trust you too," she nodded, as if reminding herself of that too.

With the lead from Cal, the twi'lek kept her head a bit more down than usual as they moved, trying to shrink a bit more between the two humans and the iktotchi.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Sailee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 am

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:Tew had been about to answer her Nautolan friend when the Governor started speaking. When she turned to look at the view screens, that was when the chaos erupted. She cursed inwardly.

Of all the times I finally choose not to wear the holocostume...

Then Sailee, from the office, was with her as protection. She looked up at the Cathar woman, nodding. She certainly had no intention of arguing, since she had neither her droid, nor her own stuff with her. So she was ready to go wherever Sailee was intending on taking her.

((Strain 3 taken out of 14))

Sailee scanned the area, but there were no clean ways out. The ones she could find were watched. Anyone who fled would probably be marked as a potential dissenter. And anyone who stayed would get caught in the crossfire when this turned into a riot.

Instead, she led Tew into the back of one of the food carts and closed the door. A defensible position.

She gestured Tew to stay low, and kicked off her damned uncomfortable shoes. Why any species wore them was beyond her. She assumed a low fighting stance, facing the door. The claws of her feet dug into the ground, and every muscle tensed, ready to pounce. To murder anything that came through that door.

"We'll wait it out here, until things calm down. But if it comes to a fight, I will buy you time; just run. Understood?"
Cathar * AFAIT * Ex Bounty Hunter * Pilot * Security * Strong * Likes Big Guns
Sailee

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:33 am

Tewzada gave a small nod and settled back against a steel box; She didn't feel afraid of getting killed, certainly, but being detained would be a pain and a half. She wondered a moment if Yasmin was all right, she'd seen the woman's face as Sailee had carried her away, but that concern turned immediately to the woman behind the door.

"I'll do as you say, Sails, but please don't do anything rash. I don't want you to get hurt on my account. Better getting detained than that."
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Syzygy Anion » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 am

Syzygy remained at Sharn's side, looking around for the best path out.
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:42 am

Jelna Vawn wrote:Jelna composed herself, at least on the outside. She glanced back at the crowd behind her and then back to the Inquisitor and the stormtroopers. "It doesn't seem like I have much of a choice in the matter," she stated, slowly to try to get the damn fear out of her words.

The Inquisitor's smile could almost be felt within her voice, as she deactivated her lightsaber. The two Stormtroopers took Jelna by the arms, leading her towards the shuttle. While their grip wasn't tight, it wasn't relaxed either. "Breakfast with you will be quite entertaining, I think." The Inquisitor called to her, turning to follow, her cape billowing behind her.
Ender

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:55 am

Yara Suhr wrote:Then she turns away on her heel and tucks herself into the shadow of a festival booth, darting a glance out over the throng to place the probable infiltrators she'd spotted before. Temra was here, she remembered--Raine? Perhaps more urgently, what about the children in the crowd?

From her inconspicuous vantage point, Yara spots Temra just as he and the blue Twi'lek girl, Fey, rendezvous with Cal and his big bouncer. Good. There's no one she'd trust more to look after... she stops there for a moment, not sure which direction the protection really goes, there. Both, perhaps?

Then her anxiously scanning eyes spot another of the people she's looking for. A Sullustan woman, blessedly not too near the front of the crowd. Yara pats her coin necklace for luck and steps out of her shelter, trying to look inconspicuous as she makes her way toward the Republic representative. Shouldn't be too hard, with all this milling around...

((New Republic Ambassador get?))
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

PreviousNext

Return to Noventa City