[EN6 - Obligation, Attn: Runi] The Ties That Bind

Local watering hole.

[EN6 - Obligation, Attn: Runi] The Ties That Bind

Postby Ender » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:49 am

With the anxiety and activity of the evening, people were scrambling about. Yet one member of the Imperial Party had business. Her armor clad form walked in, mask guarding her face as her cloak billowed behind her. On her hip, twin hilts could be seen, as she entered the bar. Her mask looked about, as the dark side emanated from her. The sound of boots hitting the ground echoed in the place, as she slowly made her way to the bar itself.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Re: [EN6 - Obligation, Attn: Runi] The Ties That Bind

Postby Runi Vizsla » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Runi was behind the bar, washing the glasses to make less work for herself when closing time finally hit. Turning toward the sound of a customer entering, she opened her mouth to greet them and then froze. ... I'm boned. I'm so strongly boned. Still, after a moment of getting her wits together, she smiled at the customer. "Hi, what can I get for you?" Let's just play the everything is normal card. I mean, everything might be normal! Some Imperial out for a drink.
Zeltron, maybe...? | Mandalorian | Bartender | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Bounty Hunter | Force Sensitive
Runi Vizsla

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Cal was in the back room, taking care of a few things. Definitely present, and near enough, but not so near to be getting in the way at all.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:41 pm

The same was true of Quinn, who was helping Cal.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:09 am

Kor was upstairs relaxing after his shift had ended but he was certainly awake and would be able to respond to anything that popped up should Runi need assistance.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Ender » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 am

The Masked form looked at the Bartender, her head tilting this way and that. She leaned in, examining her, the strength in the Force. She didn't make any moves against her, only taking a step back, looking about the bar. "So... is this what someone of your skill feels is worth their time." She indicated to the business, a hand gesturing all about. "To think that someone with your potential would work as a simple bartender." The mechanized voice was unsettling, purposefully so.

Runi, and then anyone who is in the presence of the Inquisitor, please make a Hard Fear Check, upgraded twice.
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

"Well, if it's between that and a vibrant and challenging career as a professional psychopath, I'll take it," she replied with forced cheerfulness. She wasn't scared, just annoyed. Even if this woman was completely wrong, she had no reason to justify herself to her. "Do you normally kick off conversations like this?"

Hard Fear Check D6: 2eP+1eD+2eC 1 success, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
Zeltron, maybe...? | Mandalorian | Bartender | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Bounty Hunter | Force Sensitive
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:31 pm

"Only when I am hunting for someone." Runi could almost feel the heat radiating from the Inquisitors gaze beneath her eyes. The armored woman reached for her hip, but did not grab anything. Instead, she simply let her hand rest there. "This place is so beneath you. You could be so much more. Though I sense..." the darkness that permeated the planet aided her as she began to scan Runi's surface thoughts.

Inquisitor Using Sense on Runi (Willpower 4, Discipline 3, v. Runi's Willpower 2, Discipline 2. Flipping a Destiny For Upgrade, +1 Dark Side point for Noventa being a DS Vergeance): 4eP+2eC+3eF 3 successes, 1 advantage, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"... Interesting."

Runi, if you would be so kind, what does the Inquisitor detect in your surface thoughts. She can't delve deep into your mind, so it's only the clearest most forefront thought.
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Well, if she's hunting for me, I'm pretty kriffed... Well, I appreciate to putting them off this long, Mom. But honestly, does she really think I'm just a bartender? It's called a base of operations. Not that there's any reason to sit here and justify my life choices to an Inquisitor.

"I guess so," she replied with a a shrug out loud. "So can I get you something? If you're not a customer..."
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 am

"A base of operations, for what?" She asked, stepping closer to the bar, both hands being placed on it. The intensity of her gaze could be felt through her tone, as the visor flashed a bit. "If you tell me, you could be less kriffed than you think you are." The tone was supposedly reassuring, but the mechanical vocoder robbed any of that from the phrase.
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 am

There was nothing to hide with that. "A bounty hunter," she grumped irritably. "It makes sense for a Mandalorian. Who the hell are you and what do you want with me?"
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:50 am

"Is that any way to speak to..." As she spoke, her hands moved to her mask, and unclasped it, a high pitched hiss as the vacuum seal was broken. Bowing her head, pulling it free, she then looked up...

"... you Mother? And don't tell me about Mandalorians. You wouldn't tell me anything I don't already know." The darkness radiating from her was palpable, as the Inquisitor looked to Runi. "I knew my visions would bring you to me once more."
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Runi was left dumbfounded. She hadn't seen her since she was ten. "... Mom? What... happened to you? I don't understand..."
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Her hair had grayed a bit, but she was essentially the picture that Runi held in her heart. The Inquisitor smiled, more of a smirk, as she set the mask onto the counter.

"I had to adapt. To survive. To emerge stronger than I was." Her fist clenched for a moment, thinking back. "I found true clarity of purpose, the Destiny of our people, Runi."
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 pm

"... Our people in what sense? I mean, our species is gone," she said, shaking her head.
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 pm

"Is it? Look at you." She nodded at her daughter, almost beaming. "A perfect union made you. And should you decide to have children, our blood is strong." Her fist clenching, gesturing their strength.

"Our line thrived by being brought into others. Strength in infinite variation." Her eyes, expressive, watched Runi's face closely. "Even if others view it as dilute, they don't even know."
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 am

She nodded a little bit, and looked thoughtful. "Yeah... When you put it that way..." She took a breath and looked down. "I missed you. But I tried to do my best to be strong without you."

She looked to the side. "I found something here, even. The source of the current overwhelming feeling of the Dark Side."
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:16 am

An eyebrow quirked at that. "You found... the source?" She was curious, intrigued even, as she leaned in to speak to her daughter. "Is it a vergeance? What is causing this feeling? Why is it so strong, here?"
Ender

Postby Runi Vizsla » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:40 am

"It's a person. I can introduce you, if you want," she offered. It was time to cast off the excuse of ignorance. "He's an ancient being, trapped here for twenty thousand years. He calls himself the Seneschal of the True Sith, Lord Nygmus."

Time to own her own disaster.
Runi Vizsla

Postby Ender » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:11 am

Runi's mother stepped back, her eyes widening at the revelation. "A... I see..." The words were a whisper, barely audible by her. Her lips curled into a smile, and she nodded. "I very much would like to meet this Lord Nygmus, my child. I... can only imagine what it would be like." Her mind was racing at the thought of it, and then she needed. "Yes. You must introduce us."
Ender

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere