[ME6] - The Noventa Festival

The Capital City of Noventa. Home to Noventa Spaceport, Sienar Fleet Systems Factory.

[ME6] - The Noventa Festival

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 am

The capital city is aglow with lanterns, as people from all parts of the system come out for the celebration of the end of the siege that broke the system free from the clutches of the Confederacy. It tends to be a jovial occasion, even with the somber remembrances that they would be part of the Imperial warmachine for some time. It is a time of celebration, though. Booths are set along the street with food vendors, carnival games, bandstands with people playing music.

Merriment and mirth fill the air. It's a party!
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Re: [ME6] - The Noventa Festival

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:13 am

Hey... a party!

For once, Tew decided not to wear her holosuit and actually spring for a nice dress. So she did.

And she showed up at the street festival in it, a white thing with red flowers on it that went down to about her mid thighs. Tipping up the brim of her straw hat, she looked around for what she should do first.
Last edited by Tewzada Star'Ti on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:41 am

Kor had heard about the festival and decided he figured he would check it out see what it was all about. He didn't have the emotional connection the locals would but he could enjoy food and watching people.

Kor arrived in a white button up and dark pants, his usual attire this didnt seem like something one needed to dress up for. He wandered about taking in the festivities.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:Hey... a party!

For once, Tew decided not to wear her holosuit and actually spring for a nice dress. So she did.

And she showed up at the street festival in it, a white thing with yellow flowers on it that went down to about her mid thighs. Tipping up the brim of her straw hat, she looked around for what she should do first.

Amongst the crowd of party goers, cleaned up from her jumpsuit, a certain violet hued Nautolan was playing a game of ring toss, laughing in merriment with the other festival attendees.

Turning slightly as she lost the game, she caught glimpse of a familiar twi'lek.

"Tew!" Yasmin called excitedly, waviing a hand wildly in the air.
Ender

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 pm

OOC: Every PC in attendance should make a Perception or Vigilance check at Hard Difficulty, Upgraded Twice, with two setback dice for the crowds and merriment.
Ender

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Noventa-born Cal was hardly going to miss the Noventa Festival. He was there, dressed in his finest jacket and shirt, although his necktie was just a little bit loose

He strolled casually about, a pleasant expression on his features. He looked here and there, taking as much enjoyment from watching the merriment as from actually taking part himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noventa Festival, Perction, hard upgraded twice, 2 setback: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 1 success, 4 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Jelna Vawn » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Jelna came to the festival and mostly kept to herself. She was content with watching instead of participating; there was no Zerra to press her into doing so.

With all that had been happening though, the darkness in the air, the Imperials, Kai's past, she could not let down her guard. She walked around, immersed in blending in but ever vigilant.

Just like the good old ISB days.

---

D6 ME Perception, Uncanny Senses, Keen Eye, Another Boost for Reasons: 2eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+1eS+2eB 1 success, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Syzygy weaved her way through the crowd. It certainly seemed to be a big event. All she could see were people having fun.

- - -
[ME6] - The Noventa Festival, Perception, Hard Difficulty, Upgraded Twice, Two Setback: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Kor moved around the festivities enjoying the general air of the festival and the merriment of the people. He was likely oblivious to anything subtle happening.

Vigilance at the party 2 upgraded, 2 set backs.: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 4 failures
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Quinn was also there, checking out the festival. She didn't fully know what it was about, but there was music and there were games, and there was food. Which meant it was more than worth attending. Besides, after the day she had, she needed a *break*. Cooped up inside all day working on her new toy, and then the last few hours? A break was definitely the thing she needed right now.

Perception, festival: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 3 successes, 4 threat
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Ribmatt seemed intrigued about everything going on, and had decided to setup a small table within the the towns area. It provided small items for food for free to as well as free (cheap) beer. This event always helped spur his legiminte nature within the community, plus it was always important for people like him to take care of the place they lived in. Keeping spirits up, people happy, letting a man such as him appear to care about the goings on of the common folk helped give the proper impression, not to mention having people ask less questions about what a man like himself does.
NPC (Played by Flession) | Underboss of Noventa City | Bio
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Sharn » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Sharn came to this parochial festivity drawn by a Force hunch he begrudgingly trusted, but he was none the wiser about the why of his presence in a crowd of sweating, yelling blokes dispersing putrid smell and bad taste.

ME6. Superior Indifference toward Imperceptibility.: 2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 3 failures, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Ender wrote:Amongst the crowd of party goers, cleaned up from her jumpsuit, a certain violet hued Nautolan was playing a game of ring toss, laughing in merriment with the other festival attendees.

Turning slightly as she lost the game, she caught glimpse of a familiar twi'lek.

"Tew!" Yasmin called excitedly, waviing a hand wildly in the air.

Tew looked down from the stall banner she was reading to spot the familiar face, waving back with her fingers. Rather than shout she walked over, looking around as she did so.

Noventa Festival, Perception: 2eP+2eC+1eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Heya Yasmin; Came out for the festivities I see."

She looked at the booth the Nautolan woman had been at, then her lack of prizes, "No luck so far?"
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Yara lingers near a bandstand where a group of farmers led by an energetic Selonian are playing lively music using a collection of instruments creatively improvised from everyday objects--a feed tub and broomstick, a stormtrooper helmet and a corrugated piece of metal from an old speeder for percussion, a duraplast food box fitted with sound holes and strings, and so on.

This is only her second Noventa Festival, and this time last year she'd been so busy trying to get the clinic functioning and in the black that she hadn't really had time to enjoy it. Despite her lack of experience with this particular festival, though, something still seems a little out of the ordinary.

D6 ME--Percepting at the festival, Hard upgraded 2x, 2 setback: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Yara Suhr wrote:Yara lingers near a bandstand where a group of farmers led by an energetic Selonian are playing lively music using a collection of instruments creatively improvised from everyday objects--a feed tub and broomstick, a stormtrooper helmet and a corrugated piece of metal from an old speeder for percussion, a duraplast food box fitted with sound holes and strings, and so on.

This is only her second Noventa Festival, and this time last year she'd been so busy trying to get the clinic functioning and in the black that she hadn't really had time to enjoy it. Despite her lack of experience with this particular festival, though, something still seems a little out of the ordinary.

D6 ME--Percepting at the festival, Hard upgraded 2x, 2 setback: 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat

Spotting Yara, Cal grinned, making his way over. "Evening, Doc." He said. "Happy Noventa day."

As he moved next to her, he tilted his head, regarding her curiously. "This is your... second one, right? I've got a vague recollection that you were here this time last year."
Cal Arcton

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:27 pm

From Providencetown came Alema, joyously partaking in some of the events as she slipped through. Holding herself with confidence the casual ease she had when making her way through helped her to mold into each moment as if she was part of the group all along. Swiftly moving through the area she partook in a small variety of methods of celebration before she slipped free of this changing of faces and interactions before she landed right on Ribmatt's front door, so to speak.

"Dartris, trying to con people out of their senses nowadays I see?" she said with a grin, hiding the threat implied by her presence in a casual demeanor. Still wearing one of those flimsy hats that always made their way around during celebrations like this. Dressed otherwise in the light black t-shirt that showed off the powerful cybernetics her association with Rullarc Mulgin had afforded her.
Honorordeath

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 pm

"Ahh, Alema." He says it in a somewhat expectant manner. Everytime the boss got suspicious of something he was doing, sure enough, Alema would come pay him a visit. He could only guess that she had come down after their recent visit, of course.

"You're looking as beautiful as ever." He handed her some of the food and cheap beer like everyone else who came by was offered. "And, oh my, what a lovely shade of chrome you're sporting this evening."
NPC (Played by Flession) | Underboss of Noventa City | Bio
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Cal Arcton wrote:
Yara Suhr wrote:Yara lingers near a bandstand where a group of farmers led by an energetic Selonian are playing lively music using a collection of instruments creatively improvised from everyday objects--a feed tub and broomstick, a stormtrooper helmet and a corrugated piece of metal from an old speeder for percussion, a duraplast food box fitted with sound holes and strings, and so on.

Spotting Yara, Cal grinned, making his way over. "Evening, Doc." He said. "Happy Noventa day."

As he moved next to her, he tilted his head, regarding her curiously. "This is your... second one, right? I've got a vague recollection that you were here this time last year."

"Happy Noventa Day." She turns, a smile touching her eyes. "So that's how you're supposed to say it? Not 'Merry' or 'Blessings' or anything like that? I was waiting to hear someone else so I could be sure." She chuckles. "I was on-planet for it last year, yes. But I missed the parade--I hadn't been here long, and we were terribly busy."
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Yara Suhr wrote:"Happy Noventa Day." She turns, a smile touching her eyes. "So that's how you're supposed to say it? Not 'Merry' or 'Blessings' or anything like that? I was waiting to hear someone else so I could be sure." She chuckles. "I was on-planet for it last year, yes. But I missed the parade--I hadn't been here long, and we were terribly busy."

Almost surprised at the way his own spirits lifted at seeing her smile like that, Cal smiled back brightly. "Well, if you ask me, you can say whatever you like. That's the real Noventa way, after all." He chuckled. "But that's the way I always said it, growing up."

I see." Cal pressed his lips together. His expression was serious, but his brown eyes seemed to glint merrily. "I guess that makes this your first real Noventa festival. My my." He offered her his arm. "How'd you like for a Noventa native to show you how it's done?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Temra had missed the last party, but after the last few days, he was determined not to miss this one.

But if anything untoward was happening, he certainly missed that...

D6 ME Party Vigilance: 2eA+1eP+2eC+1eD+2eS 0 successes, 2 threat

He waved at those he recognized as he wandered the street, his attention drawn to the food vendors more than anything else as he was swept up in the merriment of the people.
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Next

Return to Noventa City