Take Me Out (D5, EE)

Local watering hole.

Take Me Out (D5, EE)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Fey brought Cal's speeder up to the outside of the Twelve Parsecs, giving him a look over as she slowed it to a halt. Even if the twi'lek liked to be a bit of a speedster, anything was slow in comparison to the speeding hauler they had been on earlier. "How are you feeling, héros?" she mused as she gave him a smile.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Re: Take Me Out (D5, EE)

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Cal didn't mind the way Fey handled the speeder. He liked to take things fast, himself. And Doc did a good enough job that nothing seemed to be pulling uncomfortably on any of his wounds, either.

At her question, Cal snorted. "How do I feel? I feel like I used to be better at ducking. Guess I'm a bit out of practice" He gave her a smirk. "You did pretty well yourself, y'know."

He jerked his head towards the waiting bar. "C'mon. Let me thank you properly for the ride. And for the help back there." He grinned. "At this rate, you're never gonna have to pay for a drink here."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:55 pm

"I know my way around a scuffle," she said with a wave of her hand. "Not as good as Darling, as you probably saw."

Seeing how effective Kai and Korvalus had been, well, had she known Korvalus was Kai's former sergeant she might've said something about the effectiveness of Imperial troopers and their training.

"As for free drinks, they do happen to be mon favorite," Fey giggled. "Do you need help to walk?"
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 pm

"Well, then." Cal tipped his hat to her. "I'll be happy to oblige. You should try one of the local favorites. I enjoy them, and I think your friend Lena might have taken a liking to them, too."

"Maybe." Cal's lips quirked. "If I say no, are you gonna try to carry me?" He stretched, getting ready to rise. It was clear he could move under his own power if he needed to.
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Her lekku flipped back as she tossed her head back with a laugh. "Tu think I am strong enough to carry someone so big? I'm flattered, but not much muscles on mon body for such."

Still she did offer an arm for him to lean on. "What kind of local favorite was this?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Cal laughed, scratching at his stubble with one hand. "Well, I suppose that might be asking a bit much." Although, damnit, he'd started jogging again. Maybe he should drink less beer...

He could move with minimal difficulty. On the other hand, if a gorgeous twi'lek wanted to link arms with him, who was he to argue? "Why, that's very kind of you, miss Fey." He said, taking her arm. Still, she did feel him put a tiny bit of his weight on it.

"Well, you've already tried the beer." He said as they made their way to the door. "But my favorite is the bourbon. Clean and refreshing as a summer day, I always say. Especially with all this rain." He looked at her, his eyebrows going up. "You wanna give it a try?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm

"What can I say, I am [i[une[/i] kind woman?" she smirked warmly.

"Bourbon, huh? That sounds interesting. I've more often had whiskey instead of bourbon, to be honest... hmm... what is the difference there, actually?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:40 pm

"Well..." Cal frowned thoughtfully. "It's kinda a difference that people just make. Correlia makes whiskey. Noventa makes bourbon. Even if they're mostly the same; technically, there are different grains involved, but I'm pretty sure if we imported whatever Correlia grows and distilled it, we'd still call it bourbon." He shrugged, his arm moving against hers. "One of those things that comes from folks taking alcohol so seriously, I guess."

Fey may have been helping him, but Cal was still a gentleman. His arm came forward to push open the swinging saloon door, disengaging from her arm. "That's better." He said with a sigh, doffing his hat and jacket in one smooth motion, hanging them on hooks by the door. "Why don't you and I share a booth tonight?" He said, glancing at Fey, even as he held his arm out to take her jacket. "I wouldn't mind a bit of privacy." He smirked. "Being shot so much makes me appreciate some peace and quiet, I guess."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:51 pm

"Huh, is that so? I didn't that." Wait, did I tell him I'm from Corellia? I can't remember...

He was probably using Corellia as an example as their whiskeys were somewhat popular, she reasoned, rather than getting herself worked up over it. "A booth? Sure. It is nice not having to share conversation with everyone else here." With a smile, Fey let Cal go and slipped out of her duster as well. "This happen often to you? Being shot up, I mean."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Cal mostly concealed a wince as he hung up Fey's duster; maybe it was a bit early to be stretching like that. "Alright, then. Right this way; I always keep a few clear for personal business. Or pleasure. I guess at a bar, they tend to overlap."

As they walked over to the far corner, Cal gestured to the miralian behind the counter. She nodded, rolling her eyes, although her expression softened just a bit as she saw Cal's somewhat stiff movements.

The booth was calm and quiet, and pleasantly dimly lit. The perfect place for a more private conversation. As always, Cal waited for Fey to be seated first. "More often than I'd like. Less often since I retired, but..." he chuckled. "I just can't seem to stay out of trouble. What about you? You and Kai seem like you're plenty used to being shot at." He was not going to call the other man Darling without being told to do so.
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 pm

"We've seen a bit of action over the past year. Well... him more than I," she admitted with a delicate shrug of her shoulders underneath the loose-fitting shirt that had a few undone buttons. "I never had to fight before, but I was never effrayé when I had to learn. Or today."

Poor Kai had had his hands full with the twi'lek on more than one occassion, as could probably be guessed from today's fight.

"I wish I was more helpful with the shooting though."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:36 pm

As he slid into the seat across from her, Cal's eyes flickered, noting that shrug. And those buttons. Once again, he reminded himself of the dozen years he had on her. Before he could dwell more on that, Kaylee arrived with the bourbon, a pair of glasses, and a grunt.

The bottle was already uncorked. Cal lifted it, pouring the amber liquid into first one glass, then the other. He paused, though, at her words. And at remembering Doc had told him alcohol inhibited clotting. Well, what was one or two glasses?

Gently, he shook his head. "You kept your wits about you. You kept moving forward." He smirked. "You helped the poor sucker who thought he could take on the whole squad almost by himself." He slid her glass across to her, then lifted his own. "I've seen a lot worse, believe me."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

"I sometimes think too quick for my own good," she admitted with a grin and picked up one of the glasses. The liquid was given a sniff before she took the first sip to sample it. "Oh... this is nice. A bit stronger than I expected."

With the glass in hand, Fey relaxed a bit more in the couch of the booth. "A drink after a fight is good... merci."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Cal smirked. "Take it from me, better than acting before you think."

He matched her posture, relaxing into his seat as he took a slow sip of his own bourbon. "My pleasure." He said, smiling. "I like your crew. Seems like an interesting bunch. You, and Kai, and Lena..." The smile grew, just a little. "She seemed a little... like she wasn't quite comfortable wearing dresses like the one I saw her in the other night."

"And Jelna." Cal frowned thoughtfully.
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm

"I will keep that in mind."

She exhaled a relaxed sigh after another sip, and she shifted to get even more comfortable. "They're good people." Her smile split into a grin as he mentioned the dress. "But she did look great in it, oui? Sure, it wasn't tailored to her, but it was very very nice!"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Cal's long form stretched out casually in his own seat. He took occasional sips, savoring the taste as much as ingesting the alcohol.

His lips pulled back in a grin too. "Oh yes. Very, very nice indeed." He chuckled. "I'll confess, I was talking to a charming young miralian woman, but once Lena came in, she had all my attention." He shook his head, smiling at the rather enticing memory.

A thought occurred, and Cal's eyebrows went up a little. "It looked too finely made to not be tailored. Yours?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Seeing Cal's smile, she could guess what might be behind it, as it was a type she had seen before.

"Well, I am la feminine girl of us," Fey giggled. "So oui, the dress is mine. My..." she paused, unsure of what to call the old Moff. Master, owner... there were just no words she wanted to use. "I used to wear a lot of things like that before... I guess you could say I have a fondness for the luxury, if not that kind of life."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:07 pm

"Ah, so she's not used to wearing something like that, I gotcha." Cal pursed his lips. "Well... she could certainly pull it off." He shook his head, not allowing himself to get too distracted.

He frowned, watching her speak. And try, and fail, to fill in the word. "Well..." He took a sip of his bourbon, letting it swirl around the tongue. "That's good. Some folks think you can't have the one without the other, but I don't think so." He shrugged. "Seems to me you can have good things and still live a good life. I'd guess you agree?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:19 pm

She took a bigger sip of the bourbon. "Yeah... something like that. And well, running away from all that, I didn't have much else to take with me - and it's been useful to occassionally have those pretty dresses and all." At that, she smiled. Not only for the occassional fancy party, but because it was fun to dress up Lena when she could.

"So I heard you guys were gonna have some sort of karaoke night...?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Cal's eyebrows went up. "Makes sense to me." His vests and neckcloths helped him fit in a lot of places. Even if he had to leave his hat behind.

Cal grinned. "Oh, you heard about that, huh?" He shrugged. "Not karaoke night, although you can do karaoke. Open mic night. So if you want to do whatever, I don't know, sing, play an instrument, read poetry... baton..." He shrugged again. "If you can do it on a stage, we'll watch it."

He gave her a nod. "You should come by. I'd love to see what you can do. The whole lot of you, in fact." He smirked. "Maybe some sort of group act. Introduce yourselves by your nicknames."
Cal Arcton

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere