Materiel Retrieval IV [D4 LM-MA]

Wreckage from the Battle of Noventa, and subsequent sieges, has formed an artificial ring system of ruined space hulks, half destroyed frigates, and other war materiel. Ripe for scavenging.

Materiel Retrieval IV [D4 LM-MA]

Postby Farkas Lowca » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Farkas sits in his scanner chair, the ship maps updated with the debris field data. The day should go much better now. He had made significant upgrades to his software to improve integration and process efficiency. Coupled with the new datasets, Farkas was expecting this to go well. With confirmation from Sharn and Syzygy, he started.
Human | Engineer | Strange Charm Crew | Nerdy
Equipment: Datapad, slicer kit, toolkit
Farkas Lowca

Re: Materiel Retrieval IV [D4 LM-MA]

Postby Sharn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 am

Sharn waved his hand and leaned back in his chair, eyes on the console, having already given his input on where to scan.
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm

"What will we find today, gentlemen?"
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Farkas Lowca » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:18 pm

"Hopefully something good," Farkas responds to Syzygy.
Farkas Lowca

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 am

It was an excellent haul to be sure.

But there was something out there. Something that didn't seem valuable, at first. But it kept pinging the sensors. Once brought on board...

It was hard to believe something like this could survive for so long, without being damaged by the debris, yet here it was.

An inert, yet relatively unscathed, CIS Droid Tri-Fighter. While it seemed to have launched most of it's salvo, there was one buzz droid missile left, inactive.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Sharn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 am

"It looks like you have lucked out, Farkas." Sharn appraised the find after it had been hauled into the hangar and the space had been repressurised. "I see benefits of both fixing and reprogramming, and cannibalising."
Chiss | Scientist | Shipwright | Soresu | Cerebral | Superior | Dark Blue Devotee | Atrocious as Fuck | Strange Charm

Curved-hilt Lightfoil 'Ruin', Intelligent Toolbox, "Breaker" Hydrospanner, Multi-Goo Gun
Sharn

Postby Farkas Lowca » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 am

"I'll have to look it over. See if it's droid brain is intact and figure out what to do from there," Farkas says. "If it's still got a mind and is simply in self-stasis then this was more rescue than salvage."
Farkas Lowca

Postby Sharn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 am

"Ah, my callousness about synths showing once again." Sharn chuckled. "I wonder whether you would be similarly appalled if I started to treat organic sentience with the same casual disregard."

Sharn

Postby Farkas Lowca » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 am

"Likely. And smiliarly, if this droid starfighter had been firing on us I would have gladly sliced into it and ejected it's droid brain into the debris field like with the cloakfighter," Farkas replies with a shrug. "Context and risk make all the difference. Being out here so long though, there may not be a synthetic mind left. How many ion fields, electro-magnetic pulses and solar events has it endured in the years of it's inactivity? It may need an entirely new mind created. I'll investigate and find out. The hardware might not even be viable for that anymore. I'll do an accounting of it, but not here. I don't want to activate a droid starfighter of unknown disposition inside our cargo bay."
Farkas Lowca

Postby Syzygy Anion » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 am

"I wouldn't mind having a droid around." Syzygy said. "Droids were some of my best friends when I was little."

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 am

"Unless Farkas repackages it, this one is more like a flight company." Sharn shrugged. "I have no particular interest in it either way. Besides, I won't do anything about any droid business until Farkas relents and makes me breakfast. But as he says, the point may be moot.'

Sharn

Postby Farkas Lowca » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:25 am

"I'll make your breakfast when it is my turn to make breakfast Sharn. Which means tomorrow and the day after," Farkas replies.
Farkas Lowca

Postby Sharn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 pm

"Excellent. Then I'll aid you with your pet projects tomorrow and the day after." Sharn chuckled. He then pondered something. "A query. Have I been behaving differently over the last week?"

Sharn

Postby Farkas Lowca » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:21 pm

"Yes, you're behavior has been different. I suspect that you're going through some sort of rutting cycle or something. You've always had a dominant personality, but if you continue to insist on treating me like a butler rather than a colleague then the Strange Charm will be down a slicer. Our collaboration will not be based on whether I make you breakfast and petty plays like that are disrespectful to my contributions. Keep it up and I'll ghost this planet without you just like we ghosted Kuat," Farkas says calmly.

He then holds up a finger, "And before you respond to that, you may want to ask Syzygy her opinion on the matter. I'd hate for you to say something that would represent a unilateral decision that resulted in me leaving if she didn't agree with it. As much as I appreciate both of your talents, I don't really need to stay on this ship to make a living. I'm here because I believe in the prospect of a future with us working together. If you want to try and find someone as good with artificial intelligence, electronic warfare and slicing as I am then please continue the disrespect."

The balding slicer didn't seem angry or put off. He was just stating his case and pointing out his position.
Farkas Lowca

Postby Sharn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 pm

"Hmm, so callous, unempathetic, disrespectful and petty." Sharn tapped his chin, thoughtful. "Thank you for your feedback, Farkas, it may come useful in my auto-diagnosis." He stretched. "As for your personal concerns related to my sense of humour, you will have none of it if you don't know how to appreciate it. If it is my levity on one scale and our cooperation on the other, I choose to be grim. Lo and behold, I've made a considerate sacrifice. Though out of cost-benefit calculation rather than caring about your feelings. And for the record, I find it hard to recall when I belittled your work. You must have miscomprehended."

He stretched. "And Sy can speak her mind whenever she likes. Sy?"

Sharn

Postby Syzygy Anion » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:00 pm

"Hmmm?" she looked over. "You've definitely been acting differently. But, I've just assumed you were hungrier than usual."

Syzygy Anion

Postby Sharn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:35 am

"Hungrier." He repeated, mulling it. "I have indeed been more desirous and driven, and holding back less. I suppose I am tired of squandering my time on trying to reach my goals and do the actual accomplishing. The factory situation has been a major irritant.

He paused." But there may be more to it. What if I told you the storm below is of my doing?"

Sharn

Postby Farkas Lowca » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:39 am

"I'd suspect that the entirety of the story had more to do with something found on planet. We don't have anything on the ship that could generate the type of power necessary to alter weather patterns," Farkas said, apparently not doubting that he might have something to do with the storms.
Farkas Lowca

Postby Sharn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:47 am

"Indeed. Like awakening an ancient Sith Lord." Sharn added observing both curiously.

Sharn

Next

Return to Debris Field