No thanks, I'm just browsing [Day 3, MA, Open]

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

Re: No thanks, I'm just browsing [Day 3, MA, Open]

Postby Yara Suhr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 pm

"Is that so?" Yara asks curiously. "It's good to know... though when you manage a health-care facility there is a certain expectation of respectability to keep up. Even on Noventa." She shakes her head slightly. "Well, sometimes on Noventa."
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Hin'biki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Hin gave a shrug, "Up to you, but some stuff you won't find any cheaper anywhere else on Noventa. Lots of trade goes on off the streets. Yeah, a lot you don't want to get mixed up in, but sometimes, you just need to know the right palms to grease to get what you need."

Through the rain, Hin looked towards the megalithic carcass of the Providence Class ship that made up upper Providencetown, "They have supplies. More than they need....they just keep it to themselves as a bargaining chip. You just have to convince them its better to sell than to keep. It's all a game to them."

There was a tinge of bitterness to his voice.
Twi'lek | Nobody | Just Another Twi'lek | Unimportant | Token Twi'lek server
"Of course, ser, right away." - Hin'biki
Profile | Equipment: Com, performers attire, vibro blade x2, molecular stilleto x2
Hin'biki

Postby Yara Suhr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 am

"It's funny." Yara follow's Hin's gaze up to the pitted hulk of the old Providence. "Set out to run the underworld, but when there isn't really any other government over you, in the end you just re-create the same oligarchy that rules by law on any number of other worlds. Not much of a line between an aristocrat and a crime boss, as it turns out."
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Hin'biki » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:25 am

A silent nod was Hin's reply, with a certain sober understanding, though then again it might have just been the rain that gave the young twi'lek that look.

"Do you think people here are happy?" He said as something of a non sequitur.
Profile | Equipment: Com, performers attire, vibro blade x2, molecular stilleto x2
Hin'biki

Postby Yara Suhr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:54 am

"Happy?" Yara looks a bit blank for a moment. "I expect it depends on the person."

Yara Suhr

Postby Hin'biki » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 am

"Are you happy here?" There seemed to be more to the question. Something in the twi'lek's demeanor, something youthful and innocent, hopeful, but deeply sorrowful.

His eyes drifted up and down the lane of the bazaar, thoughts thinking to the two grifters, smugglers, hired killers, whatever. Curiosity welled within him, and a part of him wished they had followed. He quickly disabused himself of that thought knowing it could have possibly gotten one or both of them killed. And how could someone be happy here, if that was a very real possibility every day.
Hin'biki

Postby Yara Suhr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm

"I don't know," she admits, her tone reflective as she looks out at the rain. "I'm useful here. I help people with something they need. That seems more important."

Yara Suhr

Postby Hin'biki » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 am

Hin hung his head. That was the kind of altruism he just didn't have inside him anymore. "I guess that's right. Guess good doctors are in short supply. I think here we've just got some sawbones who patch up people out of their homes for some credits. A good place to go when things get too rough."
Hin'biki

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 pm

"Now that the war's over, Noventa may start growing again," she suggests. "More farmers, more tradespeople... more doctors. The whole planet won't be Providencetown, certainly."

Yara Suhr

Postby Hin'biki » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 am

Hin shrugged as the cacophony of the rain hitting the awning above them intensified for a moment then subsided, probably driven from the wind that kicked up. "Depends on who comes here. Hard to believe many well-to-do types will trek this far. The Outer Rim has never been the nicest place. A good place to disappear is more like it."
Hin'biki

Previous

Return to The Bazaar