[D4 MA] Just Picking Up a Few Things

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

[D4 MA] Just Picking Up a Few Things

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Despite the tempestuous weather Kor needed to grab a few things for the upcoming job l so here he was ducking quickly between covered stalls browsing for some simple weapons and other knick knacks that would be useful for a job like this. The big man had his leather jacket on over a black button up shirt, the jacket primarily to fight off the chill and rain.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Re: [D4 MA] Just Picking Up a Few Things

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Kai didn't enjoy going into providence town, it was dirty and more then a little bit dangerous. Still it held a few things that you just couldn't find in Noventa city. Mainly illegal things he could never track down, but sometimes there was no harm in looking. Browsing through the stalls, he looked for a few odds and ends to restock his maintenance kit, hoping to get it done and get out in short order.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Kor picked up a baton and swung it a few times testing the weight and feel of it before sharing a few words with the shop keeper a fair price, more than he would have paid on a more trafficked world but that's the price one pays for laying low in a backwater.

At one point Kor looked over and saw a large human who he vaugely recognized. "Wryssald right?" He said in his gruff core worlds accent.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 pm

The use of his last name got Kai's attention, he really hadn't shared it with many here, and he found himself looking towards the source.

Narrowly avoiding calling the other man Sergeant he dipped his head in greeting. "That's me, Dunbri."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:42 am

Kor's guard went up a bit seeing the familiar face and his voice likely reflected it "been awhile." He said simply from guarded eyes "quite the coincidence running into you way out here." Kor didn't believe in coincidences.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:36 pm

"Yeah, it is a bit strange." Kai replied with a shrug, not nearly as tense as the older man. "But the galaxy is a bit smaller then we all think, or at least that's my experience."

"Especially if you just stick to the edge if it." That seemed to be the case for most if them as well.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Kor nodded "I suppose you're right. What brings you to this quaint little backwater?" He asked, his guard easing up a bit. Kai was right the galaxy tends to shrink when you just stick to the outer rim and a former Storm trooper is likely to seek shelter in the rim. Though a strange coincidence running into him just days after finding a freshly downed imperial drop pod.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Kai could say the same thing, but then the old man had seemed half done with the Empire already the last he saw him. "Looking for work mostly." He said after a moment. "The kind that keeps you on the right side of the law."

"Mainly just passing through though, don't think we will linger here long."

"You?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 pm

"Keeping a low profile, settled down here a few months ago. Got some steady work at a local watering hole in Noventa City bouncing. Place called the Twelve Parsecs From Nowhere. Good folks that work down there, guy who owns it offered me a job pretty fast. Doesn't pay as well as other things but like I said, keeping a low profile." Kai would notice the pristine core world accent he once had seems to already be taking on hints of the local drawl here and there.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 am

"Sounds like you have a pretty decent setup." Kai offered after a moment. "Work at a venice place and a roof over your head."

He motioned towards a nearby food stall. "Want to get a bite while we chat? Sure beats blocking the path, at the very least."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:44 am

Kor nodded "it gets me by." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Following the other man's gaze to the food stall "sure thing, I got what I came for could use a little food."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:09 am

"You said you were here for a few months though?" Kai asked walking towards the food stall.

"Suppose you found out whats worth doing around her then? Entertainment wise that is. I've ran into a few bars so far, but not much else."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Kor nodded "yeah Noventa is pretty backwoods, entertainment is a bit limited especially compared to the core worlds." He shrugged as he continued "but there a few things out here pod racing can be fun if it's your thing some good racers out here. You already mentioned the bars, and some decent places to catch a game of sabacc if cards are your thing."

There was a slight pause "and I guess Madame vida' s place if you're looking for something like that."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 pm

"Ah, I don't really need any 'something like that'. Still thanks for mentioning it, if circumstances were a tad different I might swing by." No way in heck he was going in there while crewing with the ladies though, that would be a majorly bad idea. "Still no place for dancing? Or to watch local sports aside from the racing?" That was a bit disappointing.

"Well, I suppose the next thing I should ask, is if there are any places I should avoid?" Like here for example.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 am

Kor grunted "lucky man then." the line was delivered with a straight face but there was a bit of humor in it, Kai and Kor hadn't been close but he was someone who understood the life. Someone who had went through a similar life he had, it made a sort of connection "Not sure on the dancing, I'm sure there's somewhere but I'm not one for dancing much and I haven't looked too much into other sports."

Kor considered the other question for a moment "Well outside of the bazaar I stay away from Providence town for the most part, some unsavory elements run around here, especially here in the lower part. Its not all bad but too much possibility of getting mixed up with rough elements. Outside of that the Duskeen forest isn't too friendly of a place either. Lots of people go missing there. No I mostly stick to Noventa City with the occasional trip to the Gulch for races."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:03 pm

"Sounds a lot like what I've encountered too. Stepped into that forest, and in short order we encountered a Nexu. Figured we should keep away from it after that."

He shook his head and placed a order for a couple sliced nerf sandwiches. "Haven't strayed much but I can imagine. Still thanks for the intel."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Kor let out a low whistle "Nexu is a nasty piece of work, you seem like you got out pretty clean. Unusual for running into those on their turf. Good to see some time off hasn't softened you up any." As much had been apparent from the man's appearance but it seemed to be confirmed by the tale.

Kor stood at the food stall while the cook worked "so what have you been up to for the past while?"
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:51 am

"Nah, there usnt much room for soft in the Outer rim after all." If there was it wouldn't be nearly as lawless as it was. The republic or the Empire would of put it under control years ago.

"Wandering around the galaxy with a few friends mostly." Kai explained. "We keep moving and fly under the radar, try to keep out of the way of pretty much everyone." Too much attention could be bad after all.
Kai Wryssald

Return to The Bazaar