A Most Auspicious Event [Day 3, Late Evening]

Re: A Most Auspicious Event [Day 3, Late Evening]

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Syzygy Anion wrote:"Sometimes, you don't know what you want, until you learn what you can have." She took the woman's hand. "There are many opportunities in this room, for both of us. We should make the most of it."

"I tend to agree," said the woman, looking down at her counterpart. "Why don't we take an excursion into the back... and you can begin to regale me with the tales of all that you hope for from this life?" she added the last with a teasing smirk.
Honorordeath

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:
Honorordeath wrote:Massive shoulders shifted up and then back down again "I have stories some consider interesting. But I rarely talk of the past. Dead men are stuck in the past, us living folk should stick to the present and occasionally look to the future."

"Besides I wish to know more of you, are you a native of Noventa?"

"Now," she said with a large smile, "isn't that you just avoiding looking to your past by looking to mine?" she asked cheekily.
Honorordeath

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Honorordeath wrote:"Now," she said with a large smile, "isn't that you just avoiding looking to your past by looking to mine?" she asked cheekily.

Kor smirked at that "perhaps you are right, I don't much like talking about myself if I'm being honest. I'm more of a listener usually."
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Syzygy Anion » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Honorordeath wrote:"I tend to agree," said the woman, looking down at her counterpart. "Why don't we take an excursion into the back... and you can begin to regale me with the tales of all that you hope for from this life?" she added the last with a teasing smirk.

"What's in the back?" she asked. "What can you show me there that you can't show me here?"
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Yara Suhr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Rullarc Mulgin wrote:One of the staff joined the table, leaning against it cheerfully as she looked between the two but settled in and waited for Rullarc's guidance. "I intend," he began, "to share the rest of this evening discussing topics that interest me with an individual that doesn't allow fear to change their response to me. I would like to enjoy a conversation with a stranger of merit. One such person that I can admire for the work they put into this world. As such," he said, glancing then to the woman who had approached, "make any request that you might, Dr. Suhr. You will receive anything you require to be made comfortable for this evening and that you remain here and speak with me longer is all that I ask of you in return."

"A..mutually beneficial arrangement I am sure to which you can agree?"

Yara laughs quietly, shaking her head a little. "I used to think it was actually rather a worthy talent to be able to tailor one's words to the liking of people with some sort of power. That led me into the worst mistakes of my life... well, it was part of the reason, at least. So I try not to do it any more. It's--a different kind of self-preservation instinct. I do respect that it doesn't bother you."

She looks over and up at Mulgin's employee. Anything, eh? She's half-tempted to really test that proposition, just to see how everyone reacts. But most of the wilder things that spring immediately to mind would, if they were actually provided, make her the opposite of comfortable.

"I'm about as comfortable, as I could be, Mr. Mulgin. But to engage in my end of the exchange..." she considers for a few moments more, "I haven't had an ice cream in quite some time. That might be nice." She smiles with a cheer slightly exaggerated for comic effect.
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Honorordeath » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:55 am

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:
Honorordeath wrote:"Now," she said with a large smile, "isn't that you just avoiding looking to your past by looking to mine?" she asked cheekily.

Kor smirked at that "perhaps you are right, I don't much like talking about myself if I'm being honest. I'm more of a listener usually."

"We'll see, I'll get you talking about something," she teased with a smile. Leading him off into the party.

[Fade into Party for these two?]
Honorordeath

Postby Honorordeath » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 am

Yara Suhr wrote:Yara laughs quietly, shaking her head a little. "I used to think it was actually rather a worthy talent to be able to tailor one's words to the liking of people with some sort of power. That led me into the worst mistakes of my life... well, it was part of the reason, at least. So I try not to do it any more. It's--a different kind of self-preservation instinct. I do respect that it doesn't bother you."

She looks over and up at Mulgin's employee. Anything, eh? She's half-tempted to really test that proposition, just to see how everyone reacts. But most of the wilder things that spring immediately to mind would, if they were actually provided, make her the opposite of comfortable.

"I'm about as comfortable, as I could be, Mr. Mulgin. But to engage in my end of the exchange..." she considers for a few moments more, "I haven't had an ice cream in quite some time. That might be nice." She smiles with a cheer slightly exaggerated for comic effect.

Mulgin nodded to the woman and she cheerily said, "I'll be right back~!"

"Now, if you have any other requests for the remainder of the night. You know all you need to do," he said with a bit of a smile. Laying his hands out onto the table and then cupping them into one another. "No, as for our conversation. How about we..." he says, and continues to delve into a conversation with Yara Suhr. Broaching, perhaps unexpectedly, a variety of more learned and high brow topics than one might have expected of a known ranking member in the Black Sun. Eventually Yara was brought the ice cream she was promised and any other requests, through the course of the night, were met with the same cheerful acceptance as each on before it.

[Fade to Conversation/Party]
Honorordeath

Postby Honorordeath » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 am

Syzygy Anion wrote:
Honorordeath wrote:"I tend to agree," said the woman, looking down at her counterpart. "Why don't we take an excursion into the back... and you can begin to regale me with the tales of all that you hope for from this life?" she added the last with a teasing smirk.

"What's in the back?" she asked. "What can you show me there that you can't show me here?"

"More of me," she said with a knowing smirk. "I grow tired of wearing things for the appearance's sake of others. I would prefer our conversation be of the more," she grinned, "intimate orientation. If that is something that piques your interest?"
Honorordeath

Postby Syzygy Anion » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:03 pm

"That is very tempting, and very generous of you." she grinned. "I was hoping to make some friends here, the kind I might do more business with. But, a very special friend would be quite satisfying."
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Honorordeath » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 am

"Then," she said with a smirk, leading the woman back toward the rear rooms. "Allow us to begin our conversation... in full..." she smiled once more.

[Fade to Back Room]
Honorordeath

Previous

Return to Vida's Den