D2, ME - Interview (after the race, open)

The famous home of the Charnel Gulch Classic. Races held daily.

D2, ME - Interview (after the race, open)

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:53 pm

On her third full day on the planet, Tewzada decided to take a trip out of the "big city"; The podracing on the planet seemed to be one of those things that got brought up a lot, and there was even a whole section on the odds in the GNN paper. So it was that she hopped a shuttle out the southern hemisphere and the so called "Charnel Gulch".

Frankly, she was less than thrilled when she got there; It was cold, rainy, windy... which not only meant trying to keep herself and AC1200 dry, but turbulence on the way in. So it was that she was in a touchy mood as she made her way down to the racing pits with her press badge, AC1200 floating nearby with an umbrella attachment on it's dome. Tew had been directed to one "Yasmin", and she looked amongst the garages for the right number.
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Re: D2, ME - Interview (after the race, open)

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Skilled Jockey - Force Sensitive - Nautolan

Her flight suit was artfully unzipped, the top hanging around her waist, torso clad in a tanktop, as she worked on her pod, large goggled covering her eyes. Her tendrils undulated slightly as she worked, a gloved hand wiping what could be considered sweat from her brow.

She whistled to herself, a slight dance in her hips as she brought a torque wrench into one of the engines, making new calibrations.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Tew folded up her umbrella as she got under the overhang of the garage bay, her droid stuck with it's silly umbrella top for now. As she saw the Nautolan working, she wondered to herself whether this was the racer or the mechanic. Not that it would be odd if she was both, from what little she knew of such things; Saving overhead costs and not having to trust others with your livelyhood...

After a moment of contemplation, she cleared her throat and spoke up, "Excuse me, but is a Miss Yasmin available? I was told this was her pit bay."
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:58 pm

The torque wrench shut down, as the Nautolan stood. Turning to face the woman, she brought her goggles up, the large, solidly back eyes focusing on her features, and on her press badge. Yasmin noted the little droid, then seemed to turn a slight shade of blue, looking around to grab a towel. Wiping her brow, and then her hands, she cleared her throat.

"Yes! She's available, I mean, I'm available. To talk!" Smiling wisely, Yasmin waved over her DUM-series droids, before taking a step closer to the reporter. She enthusiastically stretched her arm, offering her hand.

"Yasmin Ha'ssan. A pleasure!"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:05 pm

A handshake? Well, that certainly worked. Tew gave a firm enough handshake, "I thought you might be her. And no worries about my camera; Nothing's recording at the moment."

She wasn't usually an ambush reporter, after all.

"I'm just here to find out about your recent racing success, and your plans for the future."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 pm

"Oh! Oh good!" She seemed excited, smoothing out her jumpsuit, before putting her arms back into the sleeves. She zipped it up, halfway, just to keep it from falling back.

Sponsors adorned the sleeves, as well as the back.

"Sorry. I don't normally talk about myself like this. I tend to just let my racing do the talking for me."
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Tew smiled softly, arms crossed her front in a relaxed manner, "I can empathize with that; What good are words compared to the actions to back them up, after all? Still, a driver's seat can be an awfully isolated place compared to those on the sidelines, so sometimes some words and pictures can bring fans and racers closer together."

She paused and offered a wave of her hand, "Of course, the level one goes to in such things is up to the driver; Some stars prefer a low profile, while others don't mind being open."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 am

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:Tew smiled softly, arms crossed her front in a relaxed manner, "I can empathize with that; What good are words compared to the actions to back them up, after all? Still, a driver's seat can be an awfully isolated place compared to those on the sidelines, so sometimes some words and pictures can bring fans and racers closer together."

She paused and offered a wave of her hand, "Of course, the level one goes to in such things is up to the driver; Some stars prefer a low profile, while others don't mind being open."

"So you're wanting to give a view right in the action then?" She raised her brow, relaxing her posture. "And I certainly don't think of myself a star. Just an honest driver, wanting to be the best, without too much boasting and fanfare." A grin at that, as if she was letting Tewzada into the joke. "So, how can I open up for you? I mean, what would you like to know about me?"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:23 pm

"Hm; Well, that's not really a very unusual view for those dedicated to their jobs, if they're really passionate about it. At least from my experience. The part about not thinking of oneself as someone trying their hardest to be their best."

She smiled brightly; After all, she thought of herself in similar ways the few times it was brought up to her. Of course, the difference was Tew's own goal was to be a star, so...

"As far as what I would want to know, I suppose part of that depends on yourself; Would you be up for an on camera interview, or would you prefer something off camera where we just talk?"
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 am

"Gosh, do I even look presentable for a camera interview? Kriff it, I do. I'm a racer. Grease stains and all. I'm ready Miss... uh... gosh. I didn't ask your name. Though you do look familiar. Like I've seen you somewhere before." She narrowed her large, irisless eyes, leaning in closer to the twi'lek reporter. "Though if the footage won't work for you, I'm more than happy to just talk, too."

She walked away from the woman for a moment, heading around the pod, leaning against the chariot seat, arms crossed in front of her. "Does this look wizard enough? Or like I'm trying too hard?"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 am

Tewzada chortled a bit before grinning. "I was kinda hoping we could just somewhere. But yeah, it's not quite trying too hard yet; Maybe if you were holding a hydrospanner it would push it over the tipping point."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 pm

The Nautolan laughed, leaning away from the racer, tucking ger hands inti the belt loops of her flight suit. "Oh. Go somewhere. Makes sense. Less noise. Sure!" She smiled. "Lead on!"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Tew nodded and went over to some benches under the overhang, the rain still falling steadily outside it. But it was quieter here, even with that.

Taking a seat, she crossed one leg over the other before indicating the spot next to her as she got out her recorder.
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Yasmin slid into the seat next to the twi'lek, her posture straight, but casual. Her teeth were gleaming white as she smiled broadly. She exuded a sense of nervousness.
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Tew tried to smile reassuringly, "Okay, that's better. I think I'll leave the vox recorder off for now, even with the questions. First off, have you always lived on Noventa, Miss Yasmin?"
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:09 am

"No. I grew up on Glee Anslem." She shook her head, the tendrils moving slightly behind her head. "Came out with maw and papa when I was maybe... six, seven? They were working with Sienar back then, systems analysts and technicians. Figured it would be easier out here on the Frontier, doing their part to keep law and order supplied." She smiled weakly, keeping her eyes on the reporter. "Then... the war happened. They protested the work after they heard what happened with Alderaan. Next thing I knew, I was an orphan. I never heard from them again." Had she really meant to share so much from the question?

She stopped. "Though that's a bit of a long answer for a really simple question, yeah?"
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 am

With a shake of her head, Tew tried to stay relaxed and reassuring. She didn't a hundred percent ~feel~ relaxed, thanks to the slight chill and long shuttle flight earlier, but certainly nothing seemed off about the woman's response; It fit with the brief read she had on her.

"Better too long than too short, I think; Means less questions I have to try to think of, and the more context I can give your answers. I'm sorry to hear about your loss."

That last part... well, it'd always been weird trying to think how to react to the loss of someone's parents when she didn't even know what it felt like to have any.
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 am

"It's been a few years. Still hurts, but I've come to terms with it." She took a deep breath, before laughing a bit. As if just pushing the thoughts away for a moment. "Guess I'm glad I'm able to provide a bit of context. I don't know if anyone is really looking for the deep thoughts from a Racer though."
Ender

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 pm

"Honestly, you might be surprised; There are people out there who really want to know that the people doing races or sports or such things are just people like the rest of us, with real experiences and flaws and such. As opposed to secretly being droids built for driving. Not that there aren't people out there that don't care about such things and are all about results and numbers and such, but this story wouldn't be for them, now would it?"
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 am

"No. At least, I hope it wouldn't." She softened her tone as she regarded the thought. Yasmin relaxed a bit, finding her nerves still being overpowering.

"What about you? Do people get into what their favorite reporters are like behind the scenes?"
Ender

Next

Return to Charnel Gulch Podraceway