Where Would I Go? (D3 EA)

The untamed lands of Noventa

Where Would I Go? (D3 EA)

Postby Soren Lom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Leosha walked along the ridge overlooking the remains of the crashed pods that had been located by a band of assorted people two days prior. Soren decided to spend a bit more time investigating the area to look for potential sites that could be used as a secluded base of operations since unfortunately he had lost the trail in the encounter with the Viper Droid.

Changing his personas was of course his first thought, because perhaps a visual image had been relayed to the team from the Viper droid before it detonated. Accordingly, Leosha traversed the landscape with a backpack and her gear ready as she searched the area for potential spots of interest...
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Re: Where Would I Go? (D3 EA)

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 pm

The Pods had been marked, signs of the local police coming iut to check them. Evidence markers, caution signs. Seems as though the authorities were curious as well as to the landing.

Which does mean that the site has been relatively undisturbed.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:38 pm

She traveled up to the site where the Viper droid had detonated. While she had lost the trail from that point, she knew that initially she had the right trajectory. Maybe by further exploring the surroundings she would be able to see a likely heading for the operatives to have been headed. They would be looking for seclusion and accessibility... perhaps the terrain would yield some clues to as to where would be best geographically to be located for a mission of infiltration...
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 am

Knowledge (Warfare) could be useful here, to determine tactics of a scout team. Hard Difficulty.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 am

Soren had never fully finished her special ops training as an imperial and lacked the register of knowledge to lean back on... but perhaps the lay of the land would provide an option as to where would be a suitable place to find shelter and seclusion on the plains.

----

D3 Knowledge Warfare: 2eA+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:02 am

While you can't recall exact tactics and training of special forces, and how they normally operate under infiltration missions, you are correct in looking to the lay of the land. Moving past the area where you had found the datachip, you found something you missed in the initial scouting. A bootprint. Markedly Imperial Standard Issue.

A fresh trail?

Survival or Perception, Hard Difficulty.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:10 am

This good fortune appeared to be a good start.

Leosha walked quietly along the path.

——————

D3 Tracking Imps, Knife and Ability: 2eA+2eP+2eB+3eD 1 success, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lots of advantage. Hopefully use it to improve the quality of the trail with 3-ish and maybe a bonus on my next check with 2?
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 am

The path diverged, away from the LZ, moving off towards a small farming community. People went about, doing their daily jobs, though there seemed to be an air of worry as you approached. A few of the worker seemed to be working double time in the fields, repairing fences and tending to harvesting crops.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 am

Leosha continued to follow the path towards the settlement as best as she could.
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 pm

"Get those fences restructured! That break in has us behind!" A gruff mirialan wiped sweat from his brow, as he hammered in a massive stake. Other beings worked quickly, heeding the qords of the being in charge.

"Still! At least they didn't take any live stock!" A hearty laugh went out, though it didn't slow the dedication to the work.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Leosha decided to walk up to the farmers a short distance away. "Ho there! Need some help?"
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm

"Oi!" The field hand waved to Leosha, watching her as she approached. "As long as you aren't with whoever raided our supplies, we'll take the help!"
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm

“Raiders?” She asked. “I’ve been following some strange tracks... when were you hit?”
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:29 am

"Aye, we were indeed." The field hand continued their work, indicating to the stack of reinforcements for the fence, as well as the tools needed. "They cut through the livestock fencing, came in. Took our stores of supplies, hit one of the field hand barracks, grabbed several articles of clothing. They didn't leave anything behind in terms of clues. Didn't seem like they were a rustler, judging by what they took. But now, we're behind for the coming harvest, because we need to reinforce what was broken." As they spoke, the continued working, hammering away with their tools.

Other field hands were changing locks, and two were walking with slugthrower rifles, just in case whoever did it came back in bigger numbers.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 am

"No one saw them coming or going?" She asked.
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 am

"No. It happened in the dead of night. They were silent, didn't raise any of the alarms. No one noticed anything was missing until we had already started our days." They shook their head as they spoke, picking up a ratchet, and tightening down something in the post.

"And that's the peculiar thing. The food stores we can understand why those would be stolen. It's the clothes and such that seemed odd. Not exactly valuable stuff, in the scheme of things."
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 am

She nodded. Leosha obviously had an idea for what the clothes would be used for, but she held that back for now.

She then asked, "Would you know of any area nearby where... I don't know... there'd be shelter? Like a set of caves, or an abandoned settlement?"
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 pm

The Farmhand mused for a moment. "No place I can think of. There's a forest a few dozen kilometers away... might be a good place to camp, or at least hunt game."

Thinking again. "Might be a few old farms around that haven't seen hands in some time, as well. Good enough place for squatters."
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:19 pm

"Could you point me in the direction of the closest one?" She asked.
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:06 pm

The farm hand stretched for a moment, while thinking. "There is an old farmstead maybe... twenty kilometers to the North? The Ihorian who ran it up and left a couple of years ago."
Ender

Next

Return to Plains of Noventa