[D3LM] Both Kinds of Music

Local watering hole.

[D3LM] Both Kinds of Music

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm

It was early times for a bar, but Twelve Parsecs was never totally empty.

Cal was behind the bar, doing the usual behind the bar things that he did. Cloth in hand, he wiped down perfectly clean bar top, and brushed off equally clean mugs. Well, the habit was a good one, even if it didn't do much good at the moment.

Casually, he watched the door, eyes narrowing as he kept track of the comings and goings.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: [D3LM] Both Kinds of Music

Postby Soren Lom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm

A Rattataki man sat off to himself in the corner of the room quietly enjoying a drink as he seemed in no rush to move from his planted spot.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

[Quinn was not actually here]
Last edited by Quinn Largo on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 pm

The gentlemen doesn't keep them waiting too long for the evening, doing his best to ensure he makes it there before the lunch rush arrives. It'll arrive eventually, he was sure. The food was decent enough anyways. Again, two men entered the building before him, scoping the place out and placing themselves down in separate booths before he arrived. The man was dressed up all prim and proper like he usually is, favoring the display of his cybernetic attachments as he approached the bar.

"Lawman, been too long." Mr. Ribmatt smiles warmly, extending his hand.
NPC (Played by Flession) | Underboss of Noventa City | Bio
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Kor was there as well in his more casual wear that he typically wore in the morning just a tank top and loose pants. He moved about the bar making sure all the furniture was in the right spot. Even if 12 Parsecs was a calmer bar tables and chairs still got moved everywhere.

When Dartris enters the bar Kor stops working and nods to the business man.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Cal smiled, even as he extended his hand. "Why, Mr. Ribmatt." He said, shaking the legitimate businessman's hand firmly. "Didn't we see each other just yesterday? Not that I'm not happy to see you, but I hope you don't grow melancholy without the pleasure of my company after such a short time."

He moved back towards the bottles of whiskey. "Get you a drink? Anything to eat? We've been trying some new healthy items on the menu. Or, if you want to go the other direction, we've got a chicken fried nerf steak the chef's been perfectin'."
Cal Arcton

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 pm

"I count the moments till you grace my presence again." He smiles and gives a small chuckle. "Something small will do today. Whiskey as well, please. I unfortunately have some business I must attend to outside of the city today, like we discussed earlier and I may have to eat there when the time comes." Having to go to Providencetown wasn't bringing any warm, pleasant feelings. But if this story got around and he didn't let him know about it, well, that feeling would be any worse.. "I think the liquor will help with the long trip."

He nodded to Kor and gave a polite wave to the others he had met before.
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am

The Rattataki simply stayed in his spot and watched the goings-on.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Dartris Ribmatt wrote:"I count the moments till you grace my presence again." He smiles and gives a small chuckle. "Something small will do today. Whiskey as well, please. I unfortunately have some business I must attend to outside of the city today, like we discussed earlier and I may have to eat there when the time comes." Having to go to Providencetown wasn't bringing any warm, pleasant feelings. But if this story got around and he didn't let him know about it, well, that feeling would be any worse.. "I think the liquor will help with the long trip."

He nodded to Kor and gave a polite wave to the others he had met before.

Cal snorted. "I tend to have that effect on people." He drawled.

It only took a few moments for the whiskey, Cal pouring with his usual flair. He slid the glass across the counter. For food, he passed a note back to the kitchen; something small, as requested. Business was always better with full stomachs, anyway.

"Back to Providencetown, huh?" Cal shook his head. "Well, you gotta do what you gotta do." He shrugged. "Actually, I here there's a party there tonight. I might see about putting in an appearance."
Cal Arcton

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 pm

"Well, have fun with that." He doesn't seem to react. "I've heard quite the tales of Vida's little shindigs, both good and bad. Either way, it'll make for quite the memory..." He grabs his whiskey and downs it slowly. "Well, if you're sober enough to remember it all." He looks down. "Sounds good that you're giving yourself a break. Go live a little. You're only young once."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Last edited by Quinn Largo on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Dartris Ribmatt wrote:"Well, have fun with that." He doesn't seem to react. "I've heard quite the tales of Vida's little shindigs, both good and bad. Either way, it'll make for quite the memory..." He grabs his whiskey and downs it slowly. "Well, if you're sober enough to remember it all." He looks down. "Sounds good that you're giving yourself a break. Go live a little. You're only young once."

Cal chuckled. "You're telling me. I haven't thought of myself as young for a few years now. Retirement isn't a young man's game, after all."

The order was fast. A bit of pan-fried toast, both sweet and savory spreads provided. He slid the snack across to Ribmatt. "So, what brings you to Twelve Parsecs today? Besides the pleasure of our company, of course. And the food and drink. Heck." He chuckled. "I guess that's as much reason as most have for coming here. Minus my company, maybe."
Cal Arcton

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Taking a look at the food, he focuses on the drink for a few moments. "Well, I wanted to meet with you to do what we discussed." He grinned. "Make it all official like." He motions to one of his men to come forward and one gets out of the table and walks to the bar, planting on the table a datapad and nodded to his boss. "Datapad's got all the details. Just requires your thumbprint to acknowledge the deal." He nodded back to him and drank his whiskey. "As I said, it's all legit, so we gotta follow the law here. That way, it protects you if the Rangers stop by and protects me in case something should happen to you. Nothing should, but you know how things go." He laughs at his statement.

"We'll also cover any medical expenses as needed."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 pm

"Pretty much." Cal said wryly. "And while I expect Doc could probably use the money, I'd prefer not to cause her too much stress. Think she has enough as is."

He looked down, studying the contents of the datapad. He turned it to better allow the others to see, if they so desired and were close enough.
Cal Arcton

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm

It looked as if a standard contract, written by people who probably knew more about the legal talk than you or him. Nothing would catch your eye on the matter of it, just a few mentions of a 'limited contractor agreement' and mentions of where you can and cannot sue for damages.

Overall, a pretty standard contract within the city itself.
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Okay then. Cal shrugged, applying his thumbprint to the reader.

"This also has the details of what you want us to do, right? Location and all that?" He asked.
Cal Arcton

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 am

"Yup. Has the details of the job as well as information on the schematics. I didn't give you any information about the guard's actions or anything of the legwork. After all, this is to find gaps in the holes."

He finally goes for his food and starts to eat, sipping his whiskey along the way. "Just have everyone who wants in do the same thing. I see that Six girl and the red one...Runi, I think, ain't here. I won't go buggin' for em now."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Cal Arcton » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:55 pm

"We may or may not bring in Six on this." Cal said. "There's a number of folks who I trust, but wouldn't use on every job. Depends on what we're looking at." Also, he wasn't clear about how a thumbprint worked on a shapeshifter.

"And yeah, Runi." Cal nodded. "I'll make sure she gets it. Imagine I'll see her later on today." He certainly hoped so, anyway.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Last edited by Quinn Largo on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quinn Largo

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:40 pm

"So long as they sign, I don't care if you bring in that large Manka you got in the back." He looked over. "I'd love to hear the story on that sometime." He looked over at the others before turning back to his plate of food.. "Though I imagine that can come in a less rushed time." He nodded his head firmly in his direction. "Anyways, just try to have this done in 3 days. Though I suppose the bonus should be discussed. Is credits something you're after, I assume?"
Dartris Ribmatt

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere