Back to the Top [Day 3, Mid-Evening]

Back to the Top [Day 3, Mid-Evening]

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:34 am

Before the part would be opened to the public Rullarc Mulgin sat in his office going over datapads that were spread haphazardly across his desk. Pulling up a stray one with the image of a family on it, a name, and a plethora of information displayed just beneath the image. This was not a family he knew but it was one he was prepared to get acquainted with should it fall into his interest to do so. Tossing the image aside into the various datapads, mixing instantly he glanced up toward the notification of the elevator rising to meet him. Wearing a smirk as he looked off toward his closet to the right of it then began the slow and methodical process of cleaning up his surroundings.

Collecting the datapads scattered across his desk he saw them neatly away in the C shaped desk that he sat in at the center of the grand room. All around him you could see the difference of the horizon in the setting against the rains from the storm raging on around him. That incessant patter of rain calming, soothing his mind as he focused in once more on what lay before him. Rullarc shifted to the front of his desk and pushed himself back onto the desk. Laying one of his legs across it and putting it to a ninety degree angle with his boot against the edge, a powerful stance for a powerful man.

All of this was timed exquisitely so that as soon as he arrived in exactly the position he desired to be viewed in, the elevator door opened.
Honorordeath

Re: Back to the Top [Day 3, Mid-Evening]

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

It'd been almost six months since he came out here, and every time it did. It was the same ordeal. Having to wait for the man in a meeting time he established outside of his office. He was almost certain he just did it simply to mess with him. With the power he had gained in Noventa City, since the loss of most of his limbs, it was still worth the cost of his time and patience. A few shots at the Twelve Parsecs and a long drive helped get him mentally prepared for what was to come from all this.

Finally, after some time, he had been allowed to ride the elevator up to the main room and see the man himself. The elevator opened up, greeting him with his smile and charm that he always tried to show. "Bossman, been awhile." He nodded as he stepped off the elevator to him.
NPC (Played by Flession) | Underboss of Noventa City | Bio
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:09 pm

"Please, Rullarc, we are old friends now, aren't we?" he asked with a slightly insidious grin. Leaning off of his table and taking two steps forward as he greeted the man. "What is it that I owe to the pleasure of your company?" he spoke with a slightly nasally voice.
Black Sun Vigo |Devaronian | Master of the Underworld | Mayor of Providencetown | Violent Past | Menacing Friend
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm

"You know me and formalities, Rullarc." He smiles to him and extended his hand to him. "Well, figure I check up on you, see how things are with you. Been a bit since we last talked. You're busy here, I'm busy there. We're all busy."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 am

"Formaaalities," he seemed to amuse himself with the repetition of the word. Accepting the mans hand with a firm grip, holding it tight there for a second as he met Dartriss' eyes. A smile was worn openly on his expression. "So, is that what our little visit is all about? You're... checking up, on me? Because we're so busy? Didn't take you for the sentimental type, Dartris."
Black Sun Vigo |Devaronian | Master of the Underworld | Mayor of Providencetown | Violent Past | Menacing Friend
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:46 am

"You know me, I care too much." He grinned widely at his statement, keeping a firm grip on his hand until he let go. His brain let him know that it was warm, though he could no longer feel its warmth. That was one thing he could never get used to with this arm or this hand. Knowing what he felt, but not feeling it.

"Well, I mean, I wanted to check up on you...and I suppose there is the small matter of whatever is left of the Empire looking to launch a attack on Noventa in the near future, sending a scout team here to infiltrate the area." He let that statement sink in for a moment, waiting to see his reaction to its mention.

"Also, I sort of wanted to gamble a little while I'm out here."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:17 pm

"I thought you would have chosen something more careful.." he seemed to drift off on the thought, snapping back with a grin. Releasing Dartis' hand Rullarc began to walk away, moving around the desk toward his seat. Before it, for Ribmat, sat a chair just in front of the desk. "What is this about a scout team? An attack on Noventa?"

Rullarc shifted and slid down into his chair. Looking pensive as he thought of the possibilities of such an attack. "Here for the factory, no doubt. Only thing on this planet worth their time. What do you know about these Imperials?"
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:35 pm

He moves back down to the chair next to him and looks at him in the eyes. "Some...associates of mine stumbled across the data. They're keeping it tight lipped for now, which is good. Lets the Imperials think we don't know what's going on for now." He paused. "I imagine some other parties and the Rangers will be hunting for them now, so there's no need for us to intervene. Let them think we don't know they're here and that makes it easier to smoke them out. Probably either end up here or in Noventa City, trying to blend in."

He nods at the mention of that abandoned factory. "Factory is what I was thinking of as well. They can take it back for all I care, but they also want the planet. I frankly like the situation we have with Noventa City at the moment. What with the agreement and everything, but Imperials throw our arrangements for a loop. Oh sure, things were more profitable with them in charge, but then they have nothing really to offer us anymore. I mean, nothing we can't take from them by force if we wanted to."

He shrugs. "They're bringing a ship with them, apparently. One of their big ones, I believe. But now we have their attack plans and strategy. It will fail now. Only question is now how do we turn this situation into something that benefits you and the Black Sun."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:53 am

"Interesting," Rullarc said, letting the air hold as to not have his thought that followed interrupted. However, when it came time he did not say anything further. Instead he merely leveled his gaze upon Ribmatt and watched.
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 am

"Why, yes it is." He says dryly, hoping more of a reaction to the news than a simple little game. Still, it's what he liked to do nowadays; play games...

"Anyways, you have my information as well as my assessment. I don't suppose you'll be needing me for anything else this evening, what with your party this evening."
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:43 pm

"No, I don't think there will be much of anything I will be needing from you this evening Ribmatt," he said dismissively.
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:58 pm

He smiled at him and nodded, a silent relief that the exit was in sight from this meeting. "Well then, enjoy your little shindig. Tell the Madame I said hello, I suppose." He got up from his chair and nodded to him in respect. "Have a good one, Rullarc."

It was always hard to get a proper read on that guy. Which is why he was at the top of the Spire here. For however long that would last.
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:14 pm

"A pleasure," Rullarc stated, watching Ribmatt until the moment upon which he would ultimately make his departure.
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Dartris Ribmatt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 pm

He nodded and went across his way. It was a lot sooner than he had anticipated to come back here, and not for the that reason. Things were already in motion for what was to come, after all. Still, better he tell him now than have him find out about it later and wonder why he didn't tell him.

Imperials threw a wrench in a lot of planning. Hopefully I can recover from it soon enough, and maybe buy a small distraction with it.

/Exit
Dartris Ribmatt

Postby Rullarc Mulgin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Rullarc watched Ribmatt as the doors to the elevator closed between them. Letting out a dissatisfied sigh when the man was finally removed from his presence.

"Wasting my time used to get a man killed," he commented seemingly to himself. Turning his attention to the door to the right of the elevator. Revealing herself from behind it was none other than Madame Vida herself.
Rullarc Mulgin

Postby Madame Vida » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 pm

"Of course," she said as she entered the room. Walking to the seat that Ribmatt sat in only moments ago. Vida's voice held the Rylothian accent that was known of her people. Proud, as she was, of her heritage she never allowed herself to learn a more palatable accent for Basic. "However, we have learned how useful it is to have a man like him around, haven't we? If he tries anything he will re-learn the price he once paid for arrogance anew. For now, I will discover what it is that he has failed to. Perhaps we might even learn for ourselves more of these Imperials this evening."
Madame of Vida's Den | Lieutenant of Rullarc Mulgin | Black Sun Affiliated | Den Mother | Sensually Appealing | Dominant | Refined
Madame Vida

Return to The Spire