A Most Auspicious Event [Day 3, Late Evening]

Re: A Most Auspicious Event [Day 3, Late Evening]

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:18 am

Soren Lom wrote:She nodded, "I'm a people person. Getting info. Sharing with who it needs to be shared with. Finding tells. Not unlike some of the skills you seem to possess."

"Me? I'm just a harmless mobster's daughter, you know. I don't really have too many skills."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:34 am

“You could work a bit on your lying I suppose.” She replied with a chuckle.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am

Quinn developed a big toothy grin at that.

"Well, if you have any tips I'm all ears."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 am

"I mean... you play the 'underestimate me' card quite well. But when you think someone may have a beat on you, you tend to double down on it. For a lot of perceptive folks that's quite the tell. Lacing in a bit more truth, but still avoiding what you don't want them to think is better than just complete denial most of the time." She said with a smile.
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Lena Arcturus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 am

Honorordeath wrote:"You are dearie," she said, her voice smooth, deeper than most women of the profession but there was an allure to it that was undeniable. Vida looked between the two girls once more and each laid a hand on Lena's shoulder, one for each.

"Come with us, Miss, we can see you comfortably dressed in no time," the blue Twi'lek teased. "Is that all we're going to do?" added the green Twi'lek to her right. "That was all we were asked to do," replied the blue Twi'lek once more. Ever present was the teasing nature of their tone. Having quite a bit of fun already with this woman whom they oh so recently met.

Lena didn't raise an eyebrow at the voice, though she did find it wierd how touchy-feely the twi'leks were. Then again, so was Fey. She let out a sigh at the thought. She allowed herself to be guided for now.

"What is the obsession with comfortable dresses?" She continued stepping after them. "It's getting a tad obsessive." She smiled politely as she spoke. "Or is there some other incentive in play here?"
Ivory Phoenix * Pilot* Mechanic * Keeps things afloat * Dear
Lena Arcturus

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 am

"Hmmm... isn't that just obvious though? Of course lying is so much easier when you're not really lying in the first place."

She looked around some more while she continued.

"But do you know why effective liars double down when suspicions flare?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 am

"Enlighten me." She said with a chuckle.
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 am

"It's because most people get uncomfortable calling other people out. It creates conflict and people inherently dislike conflict. So they start thinking up reasons why their instincts are wrong. The more you double down on the lie, the more you feed into that mechanism, and the more they start to doubt themselves."

She looked back to six.

"Assuming they don't have any actual evidence against you, of course."
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 am

"There are plenty of people in this world that aren't afraid of conflict Quinn. With the dummies and chaff of the world you can get by on that... But smart people will call your bluff. I'm just saying you should read your opponent. Just like cards... you're not playing the game, you're playing the person."
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am

She gave a big toothy grin again.

"Cards huh. I've had some good luck with those lately."
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 am

"So... what's the plan tonight?" She asked as she looked across the crowd of people.
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 am

She shrugged.

"Don't know. Just thought I'd get in, see what all the fuss was about. Maybe overhear some interesting things. Isn't that why you're here too?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:22 am

She nodded and in a fairly high tone replied, "Uh huh."
Soren Lom

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:49 am

Honorordeath wrote:"Life?" she responded, a bit unsure herself. With that same enrapturing smile the young Mirialan flit behind the behemoth of a man and moved with her hand grasping the collar of the coat he was removing, insistent on seeing it discarded for him. "Rullarc Mulgin, the boss, wanted to have a party and so he did. Maybe the better question is, why did you come?" she teased.

Kor did not stop her from assisting him in taking the coat off. He looked out to the party again his eyes taking in the decadence of the event "seemed like anyone who was anyone would be here tonight. I'm not usually one for parties but this one seemed like it would be interesting." He spoke with a flat, only mildly interested tone.

He looked back down to the young woman "so far it has not disappointed, I trust you will not let me get too bored?"
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Lena Arcturus wrote:Lena pursed her lips and glanced around, searching for Jelna's eyes, as well as Cal just in case.

Over by the drinks, Lena did manage to catch Cal's eye. He flashed her a smile. Lifting his glass, he gave her another nod.

And, after a moment, he lifted a curious, slightly concerned eyebrow as well. If she gave a sign that she'd rather not go back with the twi'lek pair, he would intervene.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Syzygy Anion » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Zygy helped herself to whatever drink was available as she continued to walk around. It was a very interesting gathering, at the least.
Zeltron Pilot of The Strange Charm Empathic* Pheromonal Gulch Classic Champion

Carries: Heavy Clothing, Thermal Cloak, Holdout Blaster, Utility Belt, Comlink, Datapad
*Charm or Deception targeting Syzygy receive 1 Setback die
Syzygy Anion

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Lena Arcturus wrote:Lena didn't raise an eyebrow at the voice, though she did find it wierd how touchy-feely the twi'leks were. Then again, so was Fey. She let out a sigh at the thought. She allowed herself to be guided for now.

"What is the obsession with comfortable dresses?" She continued stepping after them. "It's getting a tad obsessive." She smiled politely as she spoke. "Or is there some other incentive in play here?"

"Madame Vida only wishes for her guests to be comfortable tonight," the blue Twi'lek said. "If you don't want to change, then you don't have to," the green Twi'lek chimed in. "We're only here to make you feel welcome," they spoke in unison. Both of the women stepped in front of Lena and turned around. Vida had made her way back off into the crowds when they walked away and now it was only they three. "I think the Madame sensed your discomfort," said the blue skinned Twi'lek, "and she wanted to give you a chance to relax," finished the greened skinned Twi'lek.

"You don't have to go," said the first, "You don't have to go," repeated the second. They then both looked to the woman, catching her eyes and waited for the answer.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Soren Lom wrote:She nodded and in a fairly high tone replied, "Uh huh."

Quinn frowned for a moment. "Well, who are you going to try and listen in on then?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:Kor did not stop her from assisting him in taking the coat off. He looked out to the party again his eyes taking in the decadence of the event "seemed like anyone who was anyone would be here tonight. I'm not usually one for parties but this one seemed like it would be interesting." He spoke with a flat, only mildly interested tone.

He looked back down to the young woman "so far it has not disappointed, I trust you will not let me get too bored?"

"Not a chance," the sprightly Mirialan said cheekily, laughing a bit as she handed off the man's coat to another as they passed by. Slipping back around she brought her hand along his shoulder, caressing it as she moved to the front. "What kind of entertainment are you looking for tonight, I wonder? We have drinks, music, dancing," she gasped as if she was overwhelmed by all the potential fun. "There is the pool too, live music, usually pretty good too."
Honorordeath

Postby Lena Arcturus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Honorordeath wrote:"Madame Vida only wishes for her guests to be comfortable tonight," the blue Twi'lek said. "If you don't want to change, then you don't have to," the green Twi'lek chimed in. "We're only here to make you feel welcome," they spoke in unison. Both of the women stepped in front of Lena and turned around. Vida had made her way back off into the crowds when they walked away and now it was only they three. "I think the Madame sensed your discomfort," said the blue skinned Twi'lek, "and she wanted to give you a chance to relax," finished the greened skinned Twi'lek.

"You don't have to go," said the first, "You don't have to go," repeated the second. They then both looked to the woman, catching her eyes and waited for the answer.

Not. Creepy. At. All. No sirree.

Lena smiled politely and stopped as the twi'leks stopped and turned towards. "In that case, I appreciate the kindness of the dear madame, but perhaps for now I would keep my current attire. It has... some symbolic value for me." She glanced around. "Perhaps there are other ways tow such wonderful hostesses could ease my presence here?"
Ivory Phoenix * Pilot* Mechanic * Keeps things afloat * Dear
Lena Arcturus

PreviousNext

Return to Vida's Den