Poor Man's Brunch [Day 1, EA]

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

Poor Man's Brunch [Day 1, EA]

Postby Hin'biki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:34 am

With the sun out and a change in the air, a lone twi'lek strolled casually through the market. A dull brown satchel hung at his side and wore simple, nondiscript clothes. He looked every bit like all the other shoppers in the bazaar as he walked the stalls of fresh produce. Up ahead the scent of bread was managing to overpower the smell of the crowd, and searing meat could be heard between the cries of cheese-mongers and spice sellers.

Reaching into his sac he pulled out a few credit chips, looking them over with a careful eye on the crowd, Hin'biki heaved a quiet sigh and dropped them back into his pouch. He looked at the produce with hungry eyes. It was one of the great benefits of a planet mostly overrun by plains, plenty of room for orchards, grains, and herd ranches.
Twi'lek | Nobody | Just Another Twi'lek | Unimportant | Token Twi'lek server
"Of course, ser, right away." - Hin'biki
Profile | Equipment: Com, performers attire, vibro blade x2, molecular stilleto x2
Hin'biki

Re: Poor Man's Brunch [Day 1, EA]

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Running through the streets was a young Mirialan, weaving between the crowds of people until suddenly she found herself body checking Hin'biki. Stumbling backwards from the crash she caught herself before falling, puffing up her cheeks and squaring her shoulders she looked to Hin'biki like he'd committed some kind of offense.

However, Hin'biki would have noticed the empty palm that slipped out of his pouch in the commotion. A failed attempt, but an attempt at those few credit chips he was holding.

Sneaky sneaky sneaky.: 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImage
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Hin reeled from the hit, knocking into a vendor's shelf of goods. Nothing was worse for ware, but he apologized anyway as he readjusted the various tchotchkes. A glare met the young girl as his lekku wrapped up about his shoulders. His eyes narrowed, "Are you kidding me with this?"

He wristed his hip with one hand, and let the other gesticulate in a disbelieving gesture. "Out of everyone here, you pick me? Do I look like a good mark? You'd get, what?" He pulled the double bound pouch from his belt and looked inside., "Ten credits."

"That is not worth it." He said plainly with a disappointed look.
Profile | Equipment: Com, performers attire, vibro blade x2, molecular stilleto x2
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

"No I did-..." she paused, holding off her defense and looked at him with wide eyes as she took a step back. The young Mirialan's features were like that of a green skinned human. Those facial tattoos that her species was so famous for were missing from her features. "W-what!? What do you mean!? Ten credits, that's like, a meal at least! I'm not some picky... whatever you are!" she scoffs.
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Hin just shook his head and crossed his arms across his chest. "If you're going to steal, at least make it worth it. One meal isn't going to get you anywhere. If you can steal ten credits, you can steal twenty. If you can steal twenty, you can steal forty."

His lekku unfurled to drape down his back, "But I suppose you can't steal ten can you."

"You gotta name?" He tilted his head.
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm

"Do you have a name?" she shot back snottily. Crossing her arms over her chest and furrowing her brow.
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 pm

"Who wants to know?" he shot back with barely a second thought. A low cunning brought about by years of trading quips with older servants. He cocked his shoulders and gave an bemused expression looking like a fifteen year old big brother.
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:36 pm

"Rat!" she shouted, her arms raising excitedly. Throwing them outward to call attention to herself. A young, fourteen year old Mirialan girl with nary an ounce of her heritage. "That's what they call me, that's my name. What'do they call you!"
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:22 pm

"Teb'depiy," the twi'lek lied. It was a common enough name, and one he was used to giving to strangers. Most people didn't really care what his name was anyway. He looked around at the glances towards the girl then likely to him. He turned ever so slightly to make sure at least a majority of the crowd wouldn't get a clean look at his face. One of his lekku, in fact, slipped over his shoulder to obscure his visage from either side.

"You're really bad at this." He shook his head and began to idly peruse another merchant's produce.

Deception (Cunning) - 2eP = 1 success
ImageImage
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:54 pm

"Yea, sure your name is Tebwebwhatever, you don't look like a Tewbewhatchamacallit so how 'bout you stop lying to me and tell me what your name really is," she said haughtily. Looking to how the Twi'lek was trying to cover himself, something she might not have noticed otherwise but when she caught him in the lie she was getting a bit more bold. "Oooor, I could start yelling? Maybe make a scene enough that everyone looks over here and wonders why a little girl is being harassed by some older Twi'lek guy."

Rat's expression became smug, she felt like she had him right where she wanted him. She too, then, began to peruse the merchants ware... or well, she copied the motions that Hin'biki was doing to hide her reasons for just standing around.

[Ignoring the Despair because I wanted to re-roll because I accidentally used Positive Dice which have a better chance of success. This was, in an attempt, to see if the roll should have been a poorer defense. So, once again, ignore the Despair it will not be counting.]

Perception Deception Counter: 1eC+1eD 1 failure, 1 threat, 1 Despair
ImageImage
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:09 pm

"Yell, and all they'll see is a little girl throwing a tantrum," he countered with a cool expression, moving on to the next stand. "Stop being so direct about things thinking it'll work out. Sure, it'll work out today, but not tomorrow, or the next day, or the next."

"And why should I tell you my name when you haven't told me yours. Parents or no parents, your name isn't Rat."
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:33 pm

"I think you're forgettin' they know me, not you," she said with a mocking tone to her voice. Puffing up her shoulders to seem superior in that stance. "And.. I wouldn't make fun of your name so don't make fun of mine! It's the only one I've got!" she shouted indignantly.

"So, so, I told you my name, you should tell me yours. Fair is fair!"
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:01 pm

"Life isn't fair," he said with no remorse or cynicism. "Believe me....I know." His stopped, his eyes staring blankly at the frying meats of the vendor, frying in their pans. "Sooner you learn that, the better."

His lekku relaxed down his back and there was an almost defeated look in his eyes. Not that the young girl would understand what it meant. How could she. Sure she was an orphan, but try living as a slave. Even Hin wasn't sure which was worse.
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 pm

"Fine!" she said, turning to look at him. Her eyes filled with a young anger, one that despite her circumstances still had that child-like ability to hold onto hope. "Blue! I'm gonna call you Blue. That's your name from now on, alright?" she said, rather determined in this endeavor.
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 am

Hin froze for just a second at the name, his eyes unfocused as he stared at one of the hanging knots of dry herbs. A small, bittersweet smile tugged at one corner of his mouth before it was gone. "I like that name."

"So....Rat, what do you want to eat?" He looked down at the mirialan and even offered a bit of a smirk.
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:22 pm

"W-what do I want to eat? What kinda question is that!?" she exclaimed loudly! There was a bit of a smile on her face but it was clear she wasn't trying to show it.
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:28 am

Hin quirked an eyebrow, his lips drawing into a line, and he gave her a look of exasperation before returning to perusing the various kiosks and stalls. "It's not hard. It's a pretty easy question."

"What.....do.....you," he pointed at her, "want....to.....eat" he brought his hand up to his lips, miming a gesture that seemed to imply eating.
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:30 am

"Now you're making fun of me," she said, crossing her arms over her chest and turning up her nose.
Honorordeath

Postby Hin'biki » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:02 am

He stepped up to one of the stalls where large vats of savory smelling stew was being tended, while grilled meats lay along a roughshod looking griddle. "A torian kebab with the curry. Two."

Hin lifted his foot and bent slightly to slip a credit chip from his high boots, ignoring the pouch at his hip. He handed it to the vendor before getting two bowls of thick, spice-filled stew and a small slab of meet on a skewer dipped in it. His lips pursed to the side in a mock contemplative gesture as he eyed both bowls finally choosing one and handing the other one out to Rat.

"It's not great, but it's cheap and good enough to keep you going."
Hin'biki

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 am

Rat watched him with bemusement until she saw the credits, surprise overwhelmed her and it was clear to see in how her smile broadened. Each corner of her mouth shot wide open as she made the O sound just as she opened her mouth to reflect them same, leading into it with her words, "Ooooooh, I see what you did!" she exclaimed.

Bringing both hands to her chest in surprise yet again she stepped forward excitedly, "R-really? Y-you mean it? For me!"
Honorordeath

Next

Return to The Bazaar