First time at the Last Stop [D1, MM]

Re: First time at the Last Stop [D1, MM]

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

"Stuff to sell," she said... which was the truth; just not the entire truth. "Or just interesting things to keep. I've heard there's like, crystals with special powers out on the rim."
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:55 pm

"Where's a kid like you hearing stuff like that?" Aislea asked, leaning into the counter with a true and earnest interest.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm

"You know," she waved a hand, "around."

She tried to reach into the force, to get a sense of what the woman was feeling.

"Why? I thought you didn't believe in that kind of stuff?"

((would roll a force die for Sense, but dayflip is a while back))
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 pm

[Feel free to do so.]

"Just because I don't believe there's something mystical out there in those woods doesn't mean I can't believe that other people have found supernatural explanations for perfectly explainable situations. You're off lookin' for a crystal of some kind, I've got that much from what you've been sayin' but you're not all that willing to get to talking about why you're looking for it or where you even heard about it from."

"Sounds to me like you're the sort who's running from something. We've all been there kid, I see it in you now that I gotta clearer view of you. Young girl, on her own in this galaxy and lookin' for something with the answer. You're not gonna find that answer out there though girl, only thing lookin' for it out there is gonna get you is showin' you that it's back here at home with you already."
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:46 pm

She couldn't get a good read on the woman. Which was a shame, but it happened sometimes.

"This ain't home to me, and home is nothing to go back to," she said with a shrug, "And as for not talking about it, don't see that it matters. Unless you're saying you can help me find some but aren't willing to say without me saying other stuff first."

Sense: 1eF 1 Dark Side
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 pm

"World's not your enemy kid," she turned her attention more to the counter top than Quinn. Making sure to get it shining again. Careful, proper care given to her task.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:48 pm

"World's not anyone's enemy. But most of us have enemies in it."
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

"None here," she said, glancing up to Dek and the Nautolan. Both of which who looked to Aislea then the girl with a smile as they followed the conversation. Hardly a dangerous bone in their bodies. "Not so long as I'm running this place."

"So, relax a little, alright?"
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Well, they didn't seem like they were imperial remnants, anyway. Maybe she could afford to give out a little hint. Without giving the game away, of course.

"I'm sorry. It's not that I think any of you are. It's just, some knowledge can be dangerous for others to have, you know? Maybe. I mean... look at what happened to the Jedi."

That stuff had all happened before her time, of course. Most people probably didn't talk about the Jedi much, if ever. But then she did have a teacher who escaped notice.
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm

"Right, the Jedi, it's a nice bedtime story kid but I've never seen any truth to it. Word was that some hero of the Rebellion was supposed to be a Jedi, Luke Skywalker was his name but I'm not so sure. Sounded an awful lot like the kinda tale that soldiers fighting that hard fight needed to hear in order to win and damnit I heard it worked."

"No!" Dek spoke louder suddenly, "No, I heard it's true. My pah used to tell me all sortsa stories about the Jedi. How they protected the galaxy back in the day from itself. They were real heroes for the galaxy," he said excitedly, smile beaming.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm

"Wonder if any of them ever visited Noventa. What do you reckon?"

Well, at least they were still talking about the pertinent subject.
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:36 pm

"Not that I ever heard of," Dek said, shrugging his shoulders. "My pah always was the sort to do some tradin' back with the folks in the city. Traveled to Coruscant a couple times in his day too. Things he saw there were apparently pretty wilds. Imagine that, a whole planet that is made up of a city. Must be an excitin' place."
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 pm

She shrugged. "I've visited. There's a lot of Core Worlds that are better looking, if you ask me."
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 pm

"How's a kid so young as you get around to all these different planets, your parents a trader or somethin'?" Dek asked. Leaning into the bar a bit and waiting for the answer as he took a long drink from the glass in his hand.
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am

"Something like that," she said in response to the question.
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm

"Don't gotta be a stranger here kid," Dek said, glancing to Aislea as he said that and the woman nodded with a small smile. "Whatever you're worried 'bout, we ain't got none o' that here in this small town. Like, damn, Ais here downright is the most carin' person I know. Done come back from the war after her time off with them fancy rebels just to come on home and keep us folks here together still. Warnin' folks off from that forest you gon' lookin' in to keep 'em safe cause she ain't trust nobody else to do it."
Honorordeath

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:02 pm

"You were a rebel?" She seemed pretty interested in that. "Like, with the deathstar and everything?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Aislea Griche » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 pm

"When I was just a bit younger and just a bit stupider, yea, I was a rebel. Got tired of shootin' folks though so I came home," she said, honestly. Finishing up with wiping down the counter she slipped the rag she was using back underneath the bar over a bit of pipe.
Bartender | Owner of The Last Stop | Young Adult [24] | Height: 5'5 | Former Rebel | Den Mother
:Description:
Aislea Griche

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm

"Well, you guys won right? That's pretty good. Should've made life a lot better for a lot of people."
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 pm

"Luckily the Empire didn't need much pummeling from folks like me when all when Endor was done," she said, her voice held a little tighter and she looked elsewhere. Aislea's normal light seemed a bit dimmer. "We fought a good fight, sure, saved a lot of people from a far worse fate but I'm glad the Empire's days are done and that those times are behind us. Nowadays I'd like to just focus on what we can build in front of us."
Honorordeath

PreviousNext

Return to The Last Stop