Proper Appraisals (D1, EM Open)

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

Proper Appraisals (D1, EM Open)

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

A lanky but dignified azure Patoran walked calmly with his hands held together behind his back down the narrow lanes which divided the different vendors. The early morning took away some of the crowds that always populated the area, something which this particular patron was most grateful for. He walked with an air of superiority and class, inspecting an object here and there carefully before passing on to the next vendor...
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Re: Proper Appraisals (D1, EM Open)

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:41 am

Kor had gotten up early today and decided to catch a ride to providence town to visit the bazaar for a bit before he started in on his usual morning routines. The large man wandered the area in a button up shirt that was well fitted enough to give hints of the muscular physique underneath without looking strained or tight and dark pants.

He moved about looking at bits and bobs here and there but not staying too long in anyone place. Kor was, after all, just window shopping. A walk through the bazaar just seemed like a good way to start the day, a mixture of people and species in one place interacting and trading. It was a place Kor enjoyed going on occasion just to spend some time and people watch.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Honorordeath » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 am

Meanwhile the peace of the moment wouldn't last. Stepping forward a young adult male, human, made his way through the crowd and put himself between the Pantoran and his path. "You're lookin' a bit outta place mate, you really think this is the place you wanna be in? Places like this can get pretty dangerous, pickpockets and thieves all about. Maybe you should think about payin' a little protection fee, I'd be happy to help you out. Make sure these streets are a bit friendlier and all that," he said with a wicked smile.
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:40 am

The Pantoran looked at the man who approached him carefully. His reaction was measured and calm and the words flowed smoothly from his lips as he replied. "I assure you fine sir, I am quite well-provided for."

He looked the man up and down, "From what I can tell by your bearing you seem to be under the employ of someone more... shall we say capable? I assume it is your intent to communicate on their behalf. I would invite them to speak to me personally if they feel the need. I don't often frequent this part of town, but if need be they may contact me through Cal Arcton at the Twelve Parsec's bar in Noventa City."
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:33 am

"W-what're you gettin' at?" he says, reaching for his side and pulling a blaster. Aiming it off at the Pantoran's chest. "You think you're some kinda-" the thud of metal against the back of a head sends the grunt tumbling to the floor. With an open palm raised at about head height stood, right behind him, a Lethan Twi'lek with two cybernetic fists. Looking down on the thug she spoke clearly, "Stay."

"Hey, sorry bud, our friend here seems to have forgotten the boss' rule about harassin' newcomers. Hope he didn't give ya too much of a fright."
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:37 am

He shook his head calmly, "Not in the least my dear lady. Isn't the first, nor will it be the last time a cheap thug pulled a blaster on me."

He nodded his head in gratitude, "I thank you for resolving it as you did. Saved me the trouble."
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 am

"Gotta keep the kids in line, else they get uppity. So," she says stepping over the thug on the ground and indicating his path was somewhat clear. "what brings you to Providencetown?"
Honorordeath

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 am

Kr had noticed the interaction and had been about to jump in when the twi'lek took care of it rather easily. Kor had noticed the pantoran around the bar a few times and he had name dropped Cal specifically meaning he had a connection to the bar owner some how and as Cal had been a good guy to Kor, Cal's frieds were afforded a measure of help or protection when Kor was able to do so.

Kor approached the two slowly making sure he looked as harmless as a man of his size and bearing can "everything handled?" he asked simply looking between the two.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:07 am

To the question the Twi'lek woman simply flexed her cybernetic hand she'd used to knock the man out cold.
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

"Most efficaciously." The Pantoran replied to Kor with a nod and a smile.

He then answered the Twi'lek's question, "Shopping... one could say. I notice that I often find some of the best goods the system has to offer in the wee small hours of the morning before most of the drunks awaken from their stupor."
Soren Lom

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Kor nodded to the both of them considering the twilek for a moment. He liked the cut of her jib, not unnecessary with words and obviously tough.

The pantoran seemed a bit too suave for his tastes, too wordy using efficaciously when efficiently or even quickly would have been ok. But if he was cool with Cal the guy couldn't be too bad.

For now Kor seemed content to listen for a minute rather than interrupt the flow of the conversation.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Honorordeath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:50 pm

"Don't think you have to worry about that much around here chief," she said, shifting her position as they seemed to stand around the unconscious man. "Drunks around here tend to keep in their stupor for just about the whole day. It's the ones awake here in these early hours you gotta worry about. These're the hours when you find those pickpockets and the like that fine gentleman," she indicated the guy on the ground, "was talkin' about. Those so far down on their like they might as well try and get ya while you're still sleepy and all that."
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:11 am

The Pantoran scoffed and shook his head, "No need to worry there. I keep an immaculate schedule. No drowsiness from me at such an hour."
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am

"R-right, of course you do. Anyway, just cause you're on top of your game doesn't mean one of these gutterkids aren't gonna get lucky and nab something you'd rather they not have. Thugs like this guy might even accidentally leave a bolt in you, and, well, that's just not good for relations. So," she glanced between him and Korvalus, "what's the story here?"
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 pm

"I'm not sure. I'm guessing this kind gentlemen walked over when he saw the predicament just like you did." He bowed.

"Pleasure to meet to."
Soren Lom

Return to The Bazaar