Phoenix In The Sky With Diamonds (D1, LA)

Wreckage from the Battle of Noventa, and subsequent sieges, has formed an artificial ring system of ruined space hulks, half destroyed frigates, and other war materiel. Ripe for scavenging.

Phoenix In The Sky With Diamonds (D1, LA)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Having restocked on foodstuffs and been able to enjoy their feet on the ground for a moment, it was time to take a first sample of what salvaging operations could be like out here in the field of debris. It was also a good chance for the crew to get back together, to share their impressions and discoveries so far apart from reading Jelna's messages in the morning.

"There's a whole lot of junk here," Fey commented as she looked at the monitors. Thankfully the Phoenix had pretty decent scanners, having been built according to the base of a research ship. "Trawl through enough trash, you eventually find some treasure. Good thing for us that people are willing to pay for trashy treasure."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Re: Phoenix In The Sky With Diamonds (D1, LA)

Postby Lena Arcturus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:00 pm

"Yeah, I told you guys to clean up... oh you, mean outside." The sarcasm was dripping from the cockpit.

Lena suddenly kicked one of the panels. "Stabilizer is acting up again. Woohoo."
Ivory Phoenix * Pilot* Mechanic * Keeps things afloat * Dear
Lena Arcturus

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Kai reached down and picked up a sock, from where it had been tossed on the floor. "If people didn't toss their clothes around like they had servants or some such we wouldn't need to clean up."

"I mean sure, its forgivable in the heat of the moment, but it's not like there was a bunch of sex in here last night..." The man continued as he brought his coffee cup up to his lips. "How much you willing to wager that we find some treasure out there though."
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Jelna Vawn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 pm

"I doubt there's much out there. But it'll do." Jelna looked at each of her crew members. "Do y'all have anythin' to report? Kai and I went ahead and explored the forest today."
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Along with Lena, Fey started working the monitors as they checked for anything of interests in this sector.

"Nothing bad happen there, I hope...?" she was worried they might've encountered a probe droid like the one she saw earlier.

---

D1 LA Computers for salvaging in spess. 1 extra setback from weather. 1 boost from help.: 1eP+3eA+1eB+1eC+2eD+3eS 1 failure
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The most uninteresting roll. :lol:
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:15 pm

"It was dark and spooky." Kai confirmed. "Not the type of place you would take a date." Which as far as he was concerned was the end of its usefulness.

"As for bad? Not really? A Nexu thought about eating us, but decided aganist it in the long run."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:29 pm

"Heh, maybe we can eat it instead," Fey chuckled as she enjoyed a brief moment of silliness before she would bring up the next subject.

"Though... we should probably be a bit more wary in the near future. You guys heard the reports of a meteor impact in the plains near Noventa City, right? Went to check it out, and..." she took a deep breath, "well it wasn't a meteor. Three drop pods. Imperial ones."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Lena Arcturus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Lena frowned. "Any idea of what and when?" She leaned back in her cockpit.

"That's... interesting news. To say the least." She glanced at Kai, wiggling in her seat. "Kai and I went to check out a signal calling for mercenaries. The ship was interesting... not a heavy hitter, but stealthy, and built for troop transport." Trust Lena to focus on the ship.
Lena Arcturus

Postby Jelna Vawn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Jelna stopped her current duties and was half-tempted to rewind the moment to rehear what the twi'lek had just said. She shook her head and muttered, "Well, it's not like we didn't know there was Imperial presence 'round these parts." She then took a breath and straightened her posture. "I could try to figure out their numbers at the scene, though exposed to the wild and other meddling would make it difficult."

She crossed her arms. "Right. Then what about the mercenary posting? What job did they want?"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 pm

"Well, we know they dropped from pods, so at the very least we know the maximum amount of people planetside." Kai offered after a moment. "Its not like you can cramp a lot of extras in those sort of thing."

His lips spread into a slight smirk as Lena wiggled. Hed have to remember that she hadn't forgot. Not that he expected her to.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:45 pm

"Don't know how many were in those three pods, since they had gone through the efforts of covering their tracks - including frying the computers on the pods. One of the others checking it out took out a probe droid though..." she looked away from the screen and to Jelna. "It didn't see me. This man shot it down before I got over there to see it."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

"Aye, but it's not like we don't know the maximum possible number of people that can fit in those pods." He glanced towards Lena. "At least our space guru should know a thing or two." At east he assumed as much. "It at least gives us something to work with?" He asked as much as stated,

"As for the ship. Miss trouble wants us to find someone, and bring them back alive. I'm pretty sure it will be just that though. Trouble." He paused a moment. "Oh, the ladies name was Catherine Macguire, we know anything about her?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Lena Arcturus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 pm

"I'll have a think on the pods." The redhead's voice drifted from the cockpit once again. "I assume they're going undercover... otherwise a group of stormtroopers is gonna raise a ruckus on this planet."
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

"The troopers could be hiding in the wilderness? There seems to be some of that on the planet..." Fey suggested, her fingers drumming idly on the armrest of her seat. "... I could dig around on the Holonet to see what we can learn about this Miss Trouble."

She looked at Kai and Lena, keeping a serious face for the occassion since it seemed serious. "Bad feeling about this?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Jelna Vawn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 am

Jelna rubbed her forehead. "You must be kiddin' me. We came all this way to avoid the trouble and now all this."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Lena Arcturus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 am

"The employer is high and mighty. You know the type." They all did. Dear old Moff Bela was similar.

"Anyone else realize the pods and their nature?" She turned her head as she was asking her.
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:36 pm

"Mm, that type." Fey nodded. It was like an unspoken thing, to know Lena was referring to the old moff there. And she had known him differently than the others.

"There were some others there too. A Chiss named Sharn, this big old guy called Korvalus, a girl named Quinn, and a man named Banks. The Chiss is... some sort of engineer, I think? Very good at least with some pretty decent tech. Not something I've seen before. Hmm... the old man and the girl didn't do much, but the old man said he was no friend of the Empire and seemed to be a little angry when we realised they were Imperial pods. Banks seemed to be an outdoorsy type of guy - he's the one who shot down the probe droid." She continued tapping her fingers as she spoke. "The Chiss was... an odd one. I dunno, a bit of a funny feeling, I guess. When it came up that the pods were Imperial, he was quick to point out that 'Imperials are not dead but hiding among us'."

There had been a weird feeling about the girl too, but Fey wondered if it had been more because it was a kid coming out to poke at potential danger.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:55 pm

"Yeah, struck me as less a business woman and more a politician." He shook his head. "Didnt help that there was a cat there that wanted to jump into our business."

"Either way, its behind us unless we want to dig more into it." His lips creased into a frown. "The Imperials are far more of an issue."
Kai Wryssald

Return to Debris Field