MA1 - Scanning the System

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: MA1 - Scanning the System

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 am

Kor approached closer to the wounded tracker "Hey, you alright? I heard blaster fire and came running." he said as he drew close. Looked like he took at least one shot and then obviously that explosion likely wasn't too good for him either.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:33 am

Banks nodded, "Yeah, yeah. Was on the trail of whatever got out of that pod until I ran across this fella. He was on his way towards you all and I didn't have time to let y'all know you were in danger. We traded shots and then he blew himself up... Standard Imperial Probe protocol."

Banks began looking at the wreckage of the droid, "Ideally I'd like to pick up that trail now... but I'm afraid because of this, whoever sent this thing has info I'd prefer they didn't have."
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 am

Kor nodded hefting the ax to his shoulder and letting it rest there "Perhaps it would be smart to not stray too far from help, these vipers aren't too bad but two of those pods were bigger could be more out here and then theres the problem if the troopers spot you." Kor knew he wasn't any good at subtlety or sneaking but he didn't want anyone getting hurt running off on their own.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 am

"Normally I'd say I won't get spotted if I don't want to... but now they know someone is nearby... and hostile... They mask their tracks like professionals too... I want to go, but it's probably too dangerous." He replied with a disheartened shake of his head.

"You kids figure anything out back at the pods, yet?"
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:01 am

Kor snorted at being called a kid but answered anyway "Yeah I think the others were poking around in it, not sure exactly what they found though. Lets head back to the group and find out." he said jerking his thumb behind him
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 am

Having heard the sound of combat, Fey had dropped her attempt at slicing the pod's computers, and was now approaching Kor and 'Banks'. "What happened? Je heard blaster fire."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 am

"Imperial probe droid was doubling back to where you all were. I ran across it while tracking the people who got out of those pods." Banks replied.
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 am

Quinn knew that Kor could handle whatever was happening over there, so she stayed with the blue man doing his slicing instead.

"How's it coming?" she asked him, helpfully, every now and then.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

Banks began looking around him again for the tracks, mumbling to himself, "Now where were those tracks..."

----

D1 Pods Event, Survival Tracking, Hard, 2 setback, -1 setback from talent, 1 Bonus from GM: 2eA+2eP+1eB+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soren Lom

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am

Letting the hunter search for the tracks, Fey looked at the probe droid. "Peut-être this one has valuable data too..." the blue man seemed to be working on the pod, so it was probably good to spread out their efforts - leaving the probe droid to her for poking and slicing.

---

OOC: Computers to slice the probe droid... if there's anything left to slice? :lol:
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

Cefey Raneth wrote:Letting the hunter search for the tracks, Fey looked at the probe droid. "Peut-être this one has valuable data too..." the blue man seemed to be working on the pod, so it was probably good to spread out their efforts - leaving the probe droid to her for poking and slicing.

---

OOC: Computers to slice the probe droid... if there's anything left to slice? :lol:

I'll take a hard Perception or Mechanics check to see if there is anything left to salvage on the Droid, first. Or worth attempting to slice.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:44 am

Soren Lom wrote:Banks began looking around him again for the tracks, mumbling to himself, "Now where were those tracks..."

----

D1 Pods Event, Survival Tracking, Hard, 2 setback, -1 setback from talent, 1 Bonus from GM: 2eA+2eP+1eB+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Perhaps it was the explosion of the Droid, or perhaps the chaos of the brief firefight, but you seem to have lost track of the tracks.

What would you like to do with your advantage and Triumph?
Ender

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 am

Fey rolled up her sleeves and got to work on checking through the remains of the probe droid. These things usually had some datacore protected by a chassis or something, right?

---

D1 MA Scanning the System. Mechanics to salvage something to slice: 4eA+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 am

Cefey Raneth wrote:Fey rolled up her sleeves and got to work on checking through the remains of the probe droid. These things usually had some datacore protected by a chassis or something, right?

---

D1 MA Scanning the System. Mechanics to salvage something to slice: 4eA+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

While the datacore itself seemed to have been fried, you do manage to find some identifying information. A serial code, and the remains of it's tracking and transmission emitter. With some work, it could be pieced back together.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 am

Banks rummaged around close to the ground for a moment in a larger circle trying to find something to guide him...

---

Using Triumph for Narrative boon. Adv to grant bonus to Cefey's Hacking check maybe? Or Strain for me if not possible.
Soren Lom

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

Soren Lom wrote:Banks rummaged around close to the ground for a moment in a larger circle trying to find something to guide him...

---

Using Triumph for Narrative boon. Adv to grant bonus to Cefey's Hacking check maybe? Or Strain for me if not possible.

While the trail seems to have gone cold, something does catch your eye. Several meters from where you had lost the trail. Maybe it was reflecting the light from the sun, or the breeze pushed away the grass just enough.

It's small.

But your cunning mind and sharp eyes manage to find it. A small datachip. Designed to be plugged into a datapad, or terminal bank.

It doesn't look like it was from the exploding droid.
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 am

In a rather nonchalant manner, almost as if he was brushing aside grass while looking for tracks, Banks picked up the chip and tucked it quietly into his pocket.

Shaking his head in frustration he came back to the Twi'lek and the older man tinkering with the old probe's remains.

"Explosion messed up the tracks... I don't know where they've gone..."
Soren Lom

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 pm

"Hmm... pity, eux must be hiding their passing well and do not want to be discovered. Noir ops, perhaps." Fey looked up at Banks from her work. "Le datacore is caput, but there is serial code, and le tracking and transmission emitter can be restored. With some work."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 pm

He nodded, "Need any help? Not that I'm like all that good with non-living bits."
Soren Lom

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:14 pm

"Extra hands are good, oui," she gave a smile and a nod. "And deux heads are better than une."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

PreviousNext

Return to Plains of Noventa