[D1LA, OPEN] I'm All Ears

Local watering hole.

[D1LA, OPEN] I'm All Ears

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 am

(maybe don't join yet, but could probably take some company eventually!)

There were a number of good things about owning a bar. Cheaper alcohol. People were always happy to see you. And when it was closing time, you could both go home and stay here.

But also, when you wanted to find something out, you just had to stay in one spot. And listen. And keep the beer flowing. In other words, be a bartender. Cal was doing just that now, a smile on his face as he kept various sorts well-supplied with beer. Occasionally a gentle nudge here or there, like if anyone had heard anything about any nasty criminal business, or just what sort of things Mr. Ribmat liked to get up to. But mostly, Cal just let people talk.

After all, he knew a gentle touch was best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

D1 LA, finding the word on the street! Difficulty unknown; GMs can roll?: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImage
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: [D1LA, OPEN] I'm All Ears

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:55 am

Cal Arcton Difficulty for Getting the Word on the Street (Easy): 1eD 1 failure, 1 threat

Final Total: 1 success, 2 advantage

Alcohol had a funny way of making people speak a little too freely, share just a bit too much information. Cal, tending bar, eventually found someone who was just Happy to Help as he asked around. That someone was a younger Zabrak by the name of Torrid.

OOC: You have found a source who provides information more easily than expected. All Charm and Deception checks targeting this NPC gain a boost die, until a roll is failed.
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 am

Torrid seemed like the typical young punk who was a go-getter within his organization with illusions of grandeur about how important he really was to the operation as a whole. He seemed especially eager to brag about himself and what he does after the first few drinks are in him, lacking proper self-control to keep his mouth shut once the third drink starts to hit him. After giving him a few moments to 'let the stew settle', he started to seem a little bit more accessible in his body, his body moving around a bit more frequent and his voice frequently having trouble staying in one tone.

"HaaaAA! You good people, man...good people! Why this place ain't filled now I have no idea...tell all the boys to come down here, get their DRINK on!" His motions continue to blur around as a large smile appears on his lips.
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:07 am

An attractive female Devaronian sat on the opposite side of the bar watching the Zabrak with a smile on her lips until her eyes glanced at Cal to see his reaction.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Catching Six's eye (after a moment), Cal smirked. He let his eyes flicker casually over towards the friendly drunk Devaronian, the smirk growing a little larger.

Moving over to the customer, Cal slid across a drink. "Here's another one, son." He said warmly. "On the house. We do our best to treat people with hospitality here, and you're a good customer." He let his eyes flicker briefly back to Six, giving her the smallest of nods.
Cal Arcton

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm

If the Zabrak's eyes followed Cal's across the bar he would see the alluring Devaronian woman smile charmingly at him and wave her fingers in a simple greeting.

"Is everyone allowed to get their drink on handsome?"
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Torrid smiles nervously as the Devorian starts to give him attention, glancing back at her and then to the bartender with a grin, eagerly accepting the free drink with no questions asked. "ABsolutely, c'mere and have a drink with me...us." He looks up at Cal with a wink and a nod. "Get'er what she wants. Putta on muh tab."
Flession

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Cal smirked. "Sure thing." He looked over to his friend. "What'll you have, Six?" He asked.

He moved back towards the drinks, giving the two just a little bit of distance.
Cal Arcton

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 pm

She smiled at Cal and turned her eyes towards him while keeping her body directed at the Zabrak, "I'll have a Pink Nebula sugar, thank you."

She then turned back to the Zabrak and titled her head with a mischievous smile, "Six."

She introduced herself simply and then asked, "What are we drinking to my new friend?"
Soren Lom

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Smiling, Cal nodded, although his forehead creased a bit as he called up the details of exactly what a Pink Nebula was. He knew beer and whiskey, especially bourbon, but other sorts of alcohol sometimes left him a bit confused.

Still, within a minute or so, he slid a drink across the table to her.
Cal Arcton

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Torrid takes a moment to think about it, staring at Six with a wide grin as her drink is slide over to her. "To you, Six. That's a good name. My name is Nine. We should...MEET up...haaa!" He found great amusement in his wit and smiles. "Just kidding...just kidding."
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Sometimes they make it so hard to flirt...

She smiled and laughed in a flirtatious way, "Maybe when I catch up a bit with the drinks..."

She smiled, "But what's your real name?"
Soren Lom

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Torrid continues his large smile at her. "Torrid's the name, Six." There was a newfound confidence in himself that his line actually seemed to work. Who needed to go to Providencetown when he could get some action over here without shelling the credits over first? Crazy people, that's who.

"Tell me, Six, what do you do?" She lifts his back up from the bar, standing a bit taller than before to exhume more of a stature and confidence than before.
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 pm

"Not all that much really... I kind of go from job to job, only working when I really have to... I end up spending lots of time here in the bar talkin' to interesting people."

She smiled and reached her hand out to stroke the back of his, "And what is it you do? Man with your bearing seems like he's an important person in this town."
Soren Lom

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 pm

His eyes widen and grinned at the personal attention he was getting. "Ahh, well I am happy to be so interesting to you-you know, I..." he hesitates for a moment. "I do this and that. Gonna be a VERY important man 'round here soon..you know. Got me some jobs'n'makin money...so I get you, I get you. Though, I'm hopin' soon to make my mark in my company, y'know. Get that fat stack of creds."
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:39 pm

"Oh yeah?" She said as she drummed her fingertips gently on his knuckles in a pleasing way. "I find my work to be absolutely boring... You sound like you got a good gig for yourself. Is it exciting?"

She leaned in softly and whispered in his ear, "Does it get your heart beating?"
Soren Lom

Postby Flession » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 pm

"Uhh..." He looked on down at her hand, feeling the tingles run thru his body as she gave her attention. "Yeah, you know. I'm just a gofer for now, but you know, you get out there, act tough, do what you need to do, boss says I'll be heading my own run soon. So yeah, get out there, shooting blasters..." He grins. "...Meeting ladies, all that good stuff. Living the exciting life, yeah, that's what I do, y'know. Just get out there and do the smuggling gig, y'know. It's all good."
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:06 am

She leaned back out and met his foggy gaze with a look of interest and excitement. She patted her chest above her heart with her open hand, accentuating her fairly sizable breasts, "Wow... Smuggling? That is quite the exciting line of work!"

She pulled the tip of her index finger slowly along the length of his and began moving down the line of the other splayed fingers one by one. "I wouldn't know the first thing about what that would entail... Walk me through what one does on such an adventure."

----

Probably seems like a decent time to add a roll to see what info he has to tell about his gig and boss.

D1 LA, Deception to Get Info from Zabrak, Bonus: 4eA+1eB 1 success, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage]
Soren Lom

Postby Flession » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 am

He appears to be somewhat...hesitant in revealing the information, though he doesn't seem to pull away from you. "I...I don't know Six...my boss don't like me braggin bout stuff...you know how the life goes, do all sorts of exciting things, but you can't ever talk about it with others. Maan, it sucks..." A small pause and a smile as he stares at it. "Maaybe if we got to know each other better a little bit more..."

It doesn't look like he's quite figured out what it is you're trying to pull, and seems quite eager to discuss with you about it, but there's still that hesitancy within him that prevents him from letting it all out.

--
Will is strong, but body is weak: 3eD 2 failures, 2 threat
ImageImageImage
((1 Failure, 3 Advantage))

((Bonus dice from Happy to Help is lost. Advantage is used to continue the attempt, as he is still eager to talk to you about it, although he knows he shouldn't. Another deception attempt may be made if you approach the subject at a different angle.))
Flession

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 am

She leaned in closer to him and asked in a half-whisper. "And how do you propose we do that?"
Soren Lom

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere