[D1EE] The Real Thing

Local watering hole.

[D1EE] The Real Thing

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm

(eggspecting!)

Pretty soon, he'd have to be heading out to join his crew at the farmstead. But, as always, he was a little bit late heading out. In some ways it was easier when he was a marshal. The bar had a bunch of extra responsibilities that kept him tied in place. And so, even if he was all ready to go, wearing a heavy duster over his usual semi-formal clothing, he was at the bar instead. It wasn't that busy, but it was busy enough, with about half the seats filled and the other half empty.

Frowning, Cal held up a clear mug of Classic Red, a Noventa beer. The bartender had been concerned that the carbonation wasn't quite right. Cal peered curiously into it. Seemed bubbly enough. The dark red color seemed normal. Maybe the bartender was just seeing things.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: [D1EE] The Real Thing

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Today was a day that called for a beer. Or more. Probably more, Fey figured as she was still piecing together some of the events of the day as she headed to the Twelve Parsecs - Jelna had said this place was acceptable and it was closer to the spaceport than the Codpiece was.

Dusting off her duster, the blue twi'lek stepped inside, clearly new to the place judging from how she was looking around and getting a feel of the place as her feet eventually brought her over to the bar.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Cal was focused more on the mug he was holding than the clientele. Still, someone new stepping through the door always drew his attention. He turned towards the newcomer, still holding the red beer in front of him, making everything look red. And just a little bubbly.

His eyes widened. For just a moment, an almost comical expression of fear flickered across his face. Oh, no. She's finally learned how to take physical form. He lowered the mug... and breathed a sigh of relief.

Somewhat ruefully, Cal flashed the newcomer a grin. "Good evening, miss. Welcome to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere. What can I get for you tonight?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:34 pm

The man's reaction seemed odd, and Fey quickly cast a glance behind her to check that it wasn't intended for someone else... nope, seemed like it was her.

"Good evening, monsieur," she greeted as she flashed him a grin, while sliding slowly onto a barstool. "Mon capitaine said this place is good, and I need a drink."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Whatever it was that had frightened Cal seemed to have vanished entirely. He returned her grin easily.

"Your captain?" He parsed out the words, familiarity with twi'leks making it easier. His brown eyes lit with enlightenment. "Oh, I don't suppose you're on Jelna Vawn's crew, are you? Well well." He shook his head, still smiling. "Wasn't sure if she'd actually send any of her crew by here, but I'm glad she did." Was Jelna's crew made up of pretty ladies? What an interesting thing. "The name's Cal Arcton. This is my bar."

"Here." Smirking, Cal slid the mug of dark red liquid across the table to her. "Give this a try. Tell me if you think it's too bubbly, or not bubbly enough, or what." It should have a rich, almost fruity flavor. The bubbles were tiny, almost smooth, making the beer a bit foamy.
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:07 pm

"Oui, Jelna," she nodded, confirming that he had the right of it there. Her lekku were draped over the shoulders and almost crossing over her chest. He doesn't seem like babe's type.

Picking up the mug, she gave it a curious look. Especially the layer of foam. This didn't seem like some cheap beer to just drink down. "Hmm..." One of her eyebrows arched a little, as she dipped a finger into the foam... before bringing it to her lips to test the foam. Perhaps it was just her similarity to a certain red holographic-image, but the innocent gesture also seemed to have a more debauched undertone. Seemingly pleased with the foam that was licked off, the mug was brought up as she took a proper sip of it.

"Ah..." Fey sighed a little as she let the flavor take a few moments in her mouth when the rim of the mug left her lips. "... That is quite nice, monsieur. It is bien beer."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Cal watched, his eyebrows going up just a little bit as the twi'lek sampled the foam with her finger. Once again, he was reminded of what a fine thing it was to own a bar. He let out a slow breath, mentally reminding himself of his age, as well as a certain conversation that he needed to finish.

The light behind Cefey began to flicker almost angrily. Cal shot it a suspicious look, and the flickering subsided.

"I'm glad you like it." He said, smiling. "So tell me." He began, his brown eyes glinting. "Are all the members of your crew beautiful ladies? I'm beginning to think that I may have stopped hunting bounties too soon. Most of my partners weren't good looking at all." There was the one notable exception, of course.
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm

"Such flatterie," Fey giggled, settling more at ease on her stool as she leaned her elbows on the top of the bar. Maybe he was smitten with Jelna? Jelna was rather pretty, after all. At least, Fey thought she was pretty - especially the immaculate and smooth hair. Hair was such a fascinating thing to touch and play with in her mind.

"We are quatre." Holding up four fingers, it made it clear what the number was. "Moi, Jelna, and Lena - I suppose we are très beau ladies? And Kai, but he is no lady. Maybe tu were just unlucky with partners?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Cal grinned. There wasn't a stool behind the bar, but he could still lean casually against it as they chatted, resting one of his own elbows on the polished surface. "Just sayin' what I think." He said, innocently playful. "And I don't know about unlucky, but I think maybe I could have gotten just a little luckier."

"Four of you, huh?" Cal's eyebrows went up again. "Well... you probably heard it from your captain, but you're all welcome any time. Especially if you like the brew." He nodded to her mug. "This is your first time having Noventa Classic Red, I'll bet. They brew it right here on planet, and I don't think too much of it gets shipped off."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

"Noventa Classic Red," she mused as she studied the contents of the mug. "It is first time, oui, but it is very nice. Shame it does not ship off."

With that, Fey sipped the brew once more.

"How was your luck then, monsieur?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Cal grunted. "Just not enough of an industry, I guess. Noventa's small time. Sure, we get ships coming in and out, but I guess not enough to justify trying to build up an interstellar booze business." He shrugged. "Things are changing, though. Maybe in ten years time, you'll be able to get a much of Classic Red in every tavern from here to the far edge of the galaxy."

As a bartender, there were always things you could be doing while still chatting with customers. Picking up a clean cloth, Cal began casually wiping down the bar. "You know, it wasn't bad." He said as he worked. "I may not have been surrounded by beautiful ladies all the time." He flashed her a quick grin. "But I got to travel. Meet a lot of people. I got out of it alive, and with enough money to fix this place up." He waved the rag around. "So I suppose that qualifies in good luck, at least in my book."

He looked back to her, smiling. "So what about you? How's your luck now?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:17 pm

"Dix years is a long way away..." Fey commented in a wistful tone. She didn't even have any idea of what she would be doing in ten years time. Hopefully not still running the same gig as now, but... maybe still something adventurous.

"Je not always surrounded by beautiful ladies, but it's nice to share the company of beau ladies - apart from occassional disputes regarding la refresher." She giggled at that and sipped the beer. "Luck is... getting better? Pardon, that is a bit incomplete answer. Life was boring, not much to do, but nowhere to go - it is different now. Adventure, excitement, and all these things to learn, oui." A brief chuckle. "More money would be nice."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Cal smiled gently. "You're telling me." He chuckled. "Ten years ago I'd barely gotten my start as a marshal. Didn't think I'd be retired from it in ten years." If he could truly say to be. He did look rather decked out at the moment, actually, wearing a full set of gear.

He snorted. "Well, at least you know it's never your turn to clean the hair out of the drain." His expression turned a touch more serious. "How'd you get into the business, anyway? Sounds as though you had a different gig before."

He grinned. "Oh, and I don't suppose you wanna tell me your name? I mean, I could try coming up with a nickname, but I don't think we know each other quite that well yet."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Now that she was paying more attention to him, she did notice that he did seem a bit too decked out for a bartender, even if this world was a little bit too much on the fringe of civilization.

"Ah, my name? I'm Fey, but the others call me Honey." Since she had been speaking of the others, it felt fun to add in that bit. "As for business, je was a performer. But there was, uhm... problems for mon employer, with the Empire. So it was time to find a different job. Knowing Kai, there was possibilities to help out - mechanics, computers, sometimes firepower..."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 pm

"Honey?" Cal couldn't help but grin at that. "I must admit, that answers one question, and makes me think of at least another two." He didn't elaborate, though.

At the mention of the Empire, the smile faded somewhat. "That's an all too-common story around these parts. Lotta people here either run out by the Empire, or run out from the Empire."

He smiled again, this time reassuringly. "But don't worry. Both sorts get along with each other. Especially in my bar. The past is the past, and that's firm enough a rule that I oughta put it up on a board." He raised one hand, indicating above the bar. "Maybe right here. It'd look classy, and no one could miss it."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

"Oh?" she leaned forward slightly, bringing up a hand to rest her chin against as she looked at him with those vivid indigo eyes. "And what question would that be, monsieur Cal?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Meeting those indigo eyes, Cal couldn't help but smile. Nor could he help but write off the possibility of charging her for anything she drank. Oh well. What was the point of owning a bar if you could comp pretty twi'leks their drinks?

"Well, darlin'," He said, leaning forward a little himself. "I suppose it's not really a question. But learning that you have such a sweet nickname does make me want to get to know you a little bit better. If I get a chance to."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:13 pm

And as a matter of fact, Fey rarely paid for her own drinks. Either there was a hopeful suitor buying her drinks, or she could flirt tease the barkeep just enough to get a free pass.

"But I am not Darling," she giggled at first, idly touching the side of her right lekku. "Though very sweet still, oui. However... mon curiosity is piqued. Tu seem very overdressed for tending a bar? Or is the clientele so rough?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 pm

"My mistake." Cal said softly, smirking. "Let me assure you, that if a term of endearment should be required in the future, I'll make sure to use the right one." His eyes traced the motion of her hand along her lekku.

Switching between flirting and business was easy for Cal. He straightened at her question, his arms coming off the table. "Not at all." He said. "If someone gives me cause to draw on them, even stun, they're not welcome back." He waved a hand at his gear. "This is for... I suppose I'd call it a community service project."
Cal Arcton

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 pm

"Is that a rule too? Un that will go up on the wall too?" Fey teased a little, even as they were getting a bit more serious. "It must be an interesting community service. Is it common to do that?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere