ME1 - Full Throttle (Podrace Pit Row, After the Race)

The famous home of the Charnel Gulch Classic. Races held daily.

ME1 - Full Throttle (Podrace Pit Row, After the Race)

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:41 am

Skilled Jockey - Force Sensitive - Nautolan

Yasmin was pleased with the results of the race, though she had been concerned by the feeling in the pit of her stomach as she had taken several of the sharp turns in the ravine. Her intuition, her skill, something had bothered her, but she didn't tap into it, focusing on the race itself. Drinking back from a water bottle, she watched as a pair of DUM-series droids worked on the engines of her racer. She was still working to rebuild it after a crash on the long circuit a few weeks ago, but even in this base setting... she could feel the power behind the engines, the way she would sing at her touch.

But that isn't why she was hanging around in the pits. She had been impressed by the crowd, and the other competition. And she hoped, that maybe, she could size up some of that talent...
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Re: ME1 - Full Throttle (Podrace Pit Row, After the Race)

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 am

"From how people talk about ya, I wonder how I didn't hear of ya sooner," Jelna called out. She kept her hands in her jacket's pockets and gave a small smile. "Damn cold gettin' to me, I can feel it in my bones." She then pulled out one hand temporarily and offered it. "Jelna Vawn, by the way."
Human | Force Sensitive | Captain of the Ivory Phoenix | "Babe"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 am

"People talk, sure. But I try to keep a low profile, let my driving speak for me." Her voice was low, yet sonorous. More adapted for life beneath water, giving an odd distortion in an oxygenated atmosphere. Her smile gleamed as she looked to Jelna.

"Yasmin." Her violet hand, cold and slick, gripped the human womans, and her large, pupil-less eyes seemed to focus on Jelna's own. The smile never disappeared. "They say that the cold can be gotten used to. Lived here my whole life, never have."

At the touch, she truly could feel the other woman, that presence just seeming all the more acute. "Enjoy the race?"
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 am

"Not the sort to go braggin' all over town, huh? I can respect that."

Something about being close to Yasmin disturbed her, though. The blonde pondered on it for a moment and wondered if it was due to the pupil-less nature of the nautolan's eyes. She pulled back and put on a smile. "Course I did. Always nice to get some excitement and it don't seem too dangerous." She crossed her arms. "Do people get hurt in these races ever?"
"I reckon I can track down any varmint you want. So let's stop the chitchat and talk credits."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am

Yasmin's smile turned to a wicked and nefarious grin, as she pointed to the scar on her face. "Wrecked my pod at a race on Malastare a few weeks ago. Some people have died. You're talking at flying through the air on a sled attached by cables to ateast two starfighter engines." The danger seemed to excite her, the feeling just exuding from her.

"Racing is in my blood, though. And nothing, not swoop bike racing, not speeder jockeying, comes as close to the thrill of being in a pod, zipping across the track at nearly 500 kilometers per hour."
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Unsurprising. We will see if any of the racers will have to suffer an accident down the line.

Jelna looked up towards the sky. "What about fighters then? Bein' up there in space, flyin' 'round who knows what?" She then shrugged. "Sorry ma'am, I just haven't done much racin' myself."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 pm

"Nothing to apologize for." She waved off the concern, then shrugged. "I suppose. Never had an interest in being a fighter jock. Especially with the fact that there are others intent on making sure you blow up. Not really what I'm looking for. That isn't a test of skill, it's a game of... torpedo tag." She laughed at that, then sighed.

"Frivolous, I know."
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 pm

"Some would argue that racin' is just a game instead of a test." Jelna smirked. "Folk like my ship's pilot.

"But you got a good point there. People gettin' hurt up there is intentional."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 pm

"Think your ship's pilot is skilled?" She raised her brow, if she had eyebrows it would look more natural. Instead, it is a raising of violet flesh. "Fair amount of credits to earn. Even more if they make a spot in the classic."
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:23 am

"She's a mighty fine pilot up there in space. Haven't seen her use one of these before." Jelna shrugged. "I was hopin' to get her to come today but she didn't show up."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:45 am

"A shame." She looked away, hearing a scuffle, as the DUM-series droids clanged loudly, a hydro-spanner getting thrown by one of them to another. Yasmin shook her head, laughing slightly at the display. Her head tentacles shook slightly, the tips undulating with the laugh. "Find her a sponsor, she might be able to try one of these out. Cut's not as good, but still, something better than nothing." The Nautolan tilted her head, looking to the human. "So, what kinda ship you got? Something large, I imagine, if you've got yourself a different pilot."
Ender

Postby Jelna Vawn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Jelna shrugged. "I was goin' to find her a sponsor today if she'd shown. I reckon she's got other things on her mind." What with the strange ships and Imperial drop pods around. "Don't suppose it's easy to come across one either." She shrugged. "I'll figure somethin' out."

She smirked. "Our ship's a freighter. Reliable thing, she is."
Profile| Theme
Jelna Vawn

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 pm

"Freighters are nice. The ships that keep the galaxy going, hauling things when needed. I imagine it's got to be a bit freeing."

There was almost a wistful tone to her voice. "Able to just pick up stakes and leave whenever you'd like."
Ender

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:23 am

The next pod-racer in the pit had two people standing in front of it... the mysterious TK who entered the race this evening all of a sudden and the sponsor who had provided her pod. It seemed that the end result of not being dead or crashed and accounting for one of the fastest laps of the day was enough to earn a bit of praise from the sponsor.

As the sponsor turned to walk away, the newcomer lingered by her pod for a moment. She began looking into the control pit and cocking her neck to see something...
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Return to Charnel Gulch Podraceway