[D6EA] Target Selection

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: [D6EA] Target Selection

Postby Cal Arcton » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:09 am

Cal chuckled. "Anything that gets them in swimsuits, huh?" His gaze went briefly distant as he considered this. Fey, Lena, Jelna... Yara could probably use a holiday, too. "Hmmm..." Cal said.

He shook his head. "Never had much opportunity to do that myself." He said. "So I can't help you much. It's a big planet, though. There's gotta be something, somewhere. Take a day trip. Spot some nerf and bantha along the way." He smiled. "If you do find somethin' good, let me know about it. Maybe a beach vacation would be just the thing."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:06 pm

"Well, that's part of it." Kai agreed with a grin. "Another is just because it's fun, and we could all use a bit of fun now and then, we get too uptight otherwise."

The grin turned into a laugh. "I suppose that how you know this place is really backwater. When a day trip is a thing to see Nerf and Bantha. Doesn't hurt to try though. Maybe I can find a beach out there, one that isn't dominated by Nexu or Manka cats or something." That would be nice after all.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:12 pm

"Yeah, I can see that." Cal said. He stood casually now, hooking his thumbs into his gunbelt. "I guess running that bar, I don't have much of a problem with that. But it's probably different on a ship. And I know it's different at the clinic. I'll bet a lot of folks could use a break."

He snorted. "How you know it's a backwater is that you can find bantha and nerf almost right outside the city." He sighed, looking back the way they'd come. "It really kinda is a backwater. Sometimes I wonder why I came back here." He shrugged. "But I guess, even after all I've seen and done, it's still home."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm

"Home is where the heart is. Or something like that." He honestly didnt much understand the sentiment, family, home. That was people, not a building or some dusty old planet.

"Really Noventa is not too bad though, other then there being nothing to do but drink and screw, and the fact that everything is God awful espensive." Most of the native women were none too attractive either, but that didnt need to be mentioned.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

"Yeah, I guess so." Cal scratched at his stubble. Actually, he wasn't so sure what that meant, either. "You ever think of settling down somewhere? With or without three women?"

He chuckled. "Hey, at least I try to keep the prices for drinks down. But..." He shrugged. "I don't know. Planet's growing. There's more people comin' every day, bringing new things with 'em. Maybe in ten years we'll have everything a person could want to keep 'em busy. In the meantime..." He shrugged. "What's it that you're missing?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:43 am

"Sometimes." He offered after a few moments. "By that I mean I would like to sometime. When I can find good work, and a place I like enough, maybe a lady or three that would want to settle down with me." He really wasn't sure if he'd every really want three wives though.

Kai flashed a grin. "You do a good job with the drinks." He assured the other man, taking a few moments to take in what the other man said. "Missing? From Noventa? Hard to say exactly, I suppose it just doesn't feel like what I want in a home? Maybe it's too many Nerf on the horizon, or something." Maybe it was because it wasn't a place and of the ladies would consider home. "As you said though, in ten years that might be different."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:18 pm

"Or three." Cal echoed, shaking his head with a grin. "Maybe just pick one. I'm not sure all your ladies seem like the sharin' type. Remember, you've got two refreshers. You don't have two..." He scratched his stubble awkwardly. "What I mean is, there's only one of you."

Cal glanced off towards the horizon. "Too many nerf is right." He said. "You'd think that would keep the price from going up as much as it does. But, well, it's a galactic market, I guess." He was silent a few moments. "Well, if this place isn't for you, I'm sure there's somewhere out there that is. Maybe a place with a lot more ocean, from the sounds of it."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 pm

"What you mean is I dont have two dicks." Kai offered with a grin. "Which I'm happy about, that would be pretty awkward if you really think of it." There was a momentary pause before he added. "I get what you're saying though."

"Doesnt need all that much ocean, just some beaches... Mountains would be nice too. A place where you could watch it snow and cuddle with that special someone." He smirked. "You seem to have plenty of mountains here at the very least."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Cal laughed openly at that. "Well... yeah, I guess that's kinda what I did mean. Although I'm sure they appreciate the rest of you, too."

"Yeah, we've got lots of mountains." Cal glanced off towards the distantly visible peak, his expression thoughtful. "Makes me think maybe I should get a cabin up in one of them. It'd be nice to have a place to get away." The thought of spending some cozy cuddling time with... someone, was kinda a nice thought.

"Well..." Cal said, looking back to the targets. "Feels like we've killed enough bottles today, don't you think? Maybe it's time to be headin' on back?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Kai joined in on the laughter shaking his head for a moment. "Yeah they do." He agreed after his laughter subsided, pausing a few moments before adding. "Kind of a weird question Cal, but might as well ask it. You know the Force? Does that sound more like what some guy would call his member then some weird power to you? Something like. 'You can be sure the Force is with you, Ladies!'" He asked, the last in a exaggerated overconfident tone.

He looked over towards the bottles. "You're right about that, we'll need to drink a few more if we're wanting to do some more shooting."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Cal looked back to Kai, a curious expression on his face. After a moment, he laughed. "Well, I think so now." He shook his head. "I hope I'll be able to un-hear that, sooner or later. The goodbye of choice in the Rebellion was 'may the Force be with you', you know." He shook his head again.

"Well, I've got no shortage of bottles." Cal said agreeably. "But that doesn't mean that you can't come by and make a few more anytime you like. I'll join you, maybe." He shrugged. "Don't really see the point in owning a bar if you don't drink with friends when they come by."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm

"Well, now it can mean something extra special when you tell Yara. 'May the force be with you'." Kai offered with a laugh. "Though I'm sure you will forget about in time.

"Me? I think I'll just make a new name for the force, like The Schwartz or something. Maybe it will catch on."

As the talk turned back to beer Kai nodded. "That does seem like something owning a bar is good for." He agreed. "I'll try to make it by sometime soon just for that."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:52 pm

"The Schwartz?" Cal's eyebrows went up. "Well, good luck with that. Probably that's already someone's else's name for their junk, though."

With a jerk of his head, he indicated the way back towards town. After all, they had things to do, and the festival would be coming soon enough.
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

"Maybe." Kai replied as he started off back towards town, maybe they should of brought a trash bag, but Cal seemed fine with the littering.

"If you find a better name for it, you let me know, okay?" He asked as he continued walking.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 pm

"Sure, why not." Cal said dryly. "I'll see what I can do."

Of course, it was gonna take longer than the walk back to think of a good name.

/scene
Cal Arcton

Previous

Return to Plains of Noventa