[D6EA] Target Selection

The untamed lands of Noventa

[D6EA] Target Selection

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:10 pm

After getting shot up, and spending a night dunked in bacta, Cal always felt like getting a little bit more target practice in. Even more so now that he was starting to get older.

Dressed in hat and duster, he stood facing a series of old, rusted solar panel frames. A few empty bottles stood atop it; being a bartender meant you never ran short. Even in the subdued light of the day, they glinted.

Cal altered his stance a little, angling his body, his hands slipping closer to his blasters. It wasn't just the aim that was important. It was the draw. His eyes narrowed as he prepared himself.
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: [D6EA] Target Selection

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:34 pm

"Are you always this serious about shooting cans?" Kai asked as he watched the older man strut. It was a bit silly, but it would likely have looked pretty cool in other circumstances.

He was dressed simply, a blaster carbine casually leaning on his shoulder and a bag of empty bottles in his other hand. Apparently Kai had come prepared as well.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Cal stiffened briefly, but it wasn't unusual to see other people here. He turned his head, giving the younger man a smile. "I like to pretend that they can shoot back. Makes the whole thing a bit more interesting."

He turned more fully, nodding to the things Kai carried. "Looks like you're here for the same reason I am." He waved out to the frames. "Go ahead, get set up. We can shoot together for a bit."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 pm

"I suppose it might." The younger man mused as he moved close. "Wagering can help as well, though its probably a bit too early for that."

At the suggestion he nodded and moved to set up a fair share of bottles. "Sounds good to me, I just wanted to test out this Carbine I picked up yesterday. Figured now was as good a time as any."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Cal chuckled. "Oh, are you a bettin' man, then? Interesting." He shrugged. "I don't mind, but I'm a little short on credits right now. Just made some investments."

He nodded as he watched Kai go about his business. "You were a pretty hot hand with that rifle in that firefight yesterday. Grow up learnin' to shoot, I'd wager?" Lots of farmboys did, after all.
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:06 am

"Upon occasion. A few beers and bets over who shoots better just always seemed like a fine time." Kai said, his lips curling into a easy smile. "Though I think you are a better shot them me, if the trouble yesterday is any indication. So if we were betting i'd have to cheat."

"Yeah, all the older boys learned their way around a rifle. I'm not so good when it comes to sidearms though. Never was very much call for that." They were for hot shots and pilots after all.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Again, Cal chuckled. "Well, I do own a bar. Believe me, beers are gonna happen one way or another. Long as you've got some time after this."

He squared off to his targets again, shrugging. "Yeah? I'd guess it depends a bit. Sidearms came in handy a lot back when I was a deputy, and when I was a muscle." He gave Kai a sidelong look. "But I'd guess you're the muscle of your operation. None of the ladies seem like they hit all that hard."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:32 pm

"I should have a bit." Cal confirmed with a easy smile. "Do have some things a bit later today though." Though he didnt know how much involvement he would have.

"Oh, all of them are fair hands with their blasters, but you've got it right. If push comes to shove, I do most of the shoving." He flashed a grin. "Wouldn't want Fey to break a nail after all."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Cal snorted. "No, we wouldn't want that, indeed." He turned the way he had before, ready to draw, but presenting a narrower profile. "On the other hand, she knew how to handle herself alright. I could tell it wasn't her first time in a firefight."

He paused, glancing at the other man. "So... travelling with three gorgeous ladies, huh? How's that?" He smirked. "How long do you have to wait for your turn in the refresher?"

He looked back towards the targets. "You ready?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm

"You kind of have to in this business." If you didn't, well... that didn't particularly need to be said.

"It has it's ups and downs, probably more up's then anything, but you do end up learning some things about ladies that you didn't quite know before." He raised his carbine to his shoulder, it was a familiar weapon, but not what he preferred by a long shot. "Like just how long they can take in the refresher, and how lucky we are to have two on the ship. To answer the question though, I take my own shower after the morning workout for a reason, might be stuck waiting an hour or more otherwise." Especially if Fey declared it cold or Lena was hungover.

"Ready when you are." He offered a moment later. "Though I should probably add, I'm curious as to why you aren't dating that pretty doctor,"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm

"Ah, you've got two." Cal grinned. "Well, it all becomes clear now. Can't say I've ever had the experience of living with a group like that. Mostly been on my own since I was eighteen. I guess I've got a few people I'm livin' with now, but it's not like I can't get up and stretch my legs whenever I want." He waved around, indicating the general outdoors.

Cal's hand twitched, about to draw, but Kai's question gave him pause. "Doc?" He cleared his throat. "I mean, Yara?" He shrugged. "I don't know. Just hasn't happened. We're both pretty busy. And sometimes I've been seeing someone else. Guess it just hasn't happened."

He smirked. "Don't think I haven't noticed that she's gorgeous, though. Smart, too."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:49 pm

"Things were always pretty cramped for me, so I got a bit used to that. I will say it's never gets boring waking up to three lovely ladies though. Even if sometimes Jelna has ridiculously bad bed-head." That was honestly one of her more adorable points. "You'll keep that to yourself now, won't you?"

"You sounds like a man who's making excuses. You should ask her out dancing, or maybe to some music or something." He grinned and fired off a round. "Not that it's really any of my business, but as you said, she's gorgeous, smart, and she likes you for one reason or another." A man couldn't ask for much more then that.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Cal laughed openly at that. "Don't worry, I know how to keep a secret. Especially one like that, that's liable to get someone killed." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I believe it, though. Probably takes a lot of effort for her to keep it so straight."

He drew suddenly, firing a moment later; the quickdraw was not just about being fast, it was about being accurate fast. Firing first was no good if you missed anyway. The extra moment to aim helped, and one of the bottles shattered. Cal replaced the gun in his holster an instant later.

For a few moments, there was silence. "Maybe you're right." He said. Another few moments, and he gave the other man a smirk. "What about you? Any of those ladies special to ya?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:52 pm

"Aye, I think Cefey enjoys helping her with it though." He smirked. "Even tries to get her into dresses from time to time, if you can imagine that." Jelna preferred functionality in her clothing after all.

"Nice shot." Kai replied, squeezing another round off from the carbine, and sending s can to a early grave.

"Mmm... That sounds like an answer that will cost you a few drinks." The younger man said with a soft chuckle. "But, yes." He finished simply.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 pm

"No kidding." Cal said, glancing over again. "I imagine you saw what she she did for that dress she put Lena in. That was..." He let out a breath, "... really something."

"A few drinks, huh?" He nodded brief acknowledgement of Kai's shot. "I don't think I've charged any of your crew yet. I'm starting to think it might be easier to just give y'all a key to my storeroom."

Smirking, he drew and fired again. "But they're all special, you can tell. In different ways. You're a lucky man even if there's not one that's really special to you."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:22 am

"Yeah, she does good work... Though if you saw Lena, I suppose that means you missed out on what Fey was wearing that night." He paused thoughtfully. "Ya know, it might be worth seeing if any of the other ladies here want some help dressing up for special events or something. Just for fun?"

That brought forth a chuckle from Kai. "I'd advise against that, but be sure I've paid for a few when you weren't around."

"Aye, they are all special ladies." He agreed thoughtfully. "And I know how lucky I am. Honestly, they're all special to me in different ways. Really special though? Well... Cefey is probably closest to that. Jelna is the one that worries me most, Lena is the most troublesome, but damn cute when she wants to be."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:39 am

"Huh." Cal said, lowering his pistol. He turned to look at the other man with a smile. "You know Kai, I like the way you think. If only it wasn't already too late for the festival tonight." He smirked. "On the other hand, I do own a bar. Maybe I should see about throwing some kind of shindig there soon." He wondered if he could send Yara Fey's way...

"She is damn cute." Cal chuckled. "And Fey... yeah, I gotcha. But Jelna?" He tilted his head. "She worries you, huh? How's that?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:45 am

"I like seeing ladies all dressed up." Kai offered with a grin. "And that might not be such a bad plan you landed on yourself. You could leave it open for everyone or just invite friends too."

"Jelna is too adorable for her own good." The younger man offered in explanation, before popping off a shot at a target. "You might figure that out yourself if you get to know her. I suppose I'm just worried she will end up getting hurt?" More then she already was. "Its hard to explain, really."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:52 am

"I'll have to see what I can come up with." Cal said, still smirking. "Either way, you lot'll have to come. And, well, maybe it's about time that I invited Doc to somethin' like that." He nodded.

Shooting was relaxing. Firing a few more shots gave Cal time to think of a response. "Huh. I suppose I can see it. She's a very friendly sort of person; started chatting to me like we were old friends right away. But seems like she's not over-trusting; she looks out for the lot of you just fine. And she's got a gift..." He shook his head. "If I hadn't seen her put all that together at the militia armory, I don't know if I could've believed it."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:32 am

"Just remember she is partial to fancy music and enjoys dancing more then she likes to admit. " Or that's at least the impression he got during the chat they had. "Though I don't really think you need my advice, you just need to get that hologram that's dating you fixed." That seemed a bit closer to the actual story.

"Aye she does have a gift, and I suppose you can say that's part of what worries me as well. The wrong type of people can want to use a gift like that, if you catch my meaning." Kai was pretty sure the man understood. "But you\re right, she does do a good job at taking care of us." Even when she is fumbling around in the morning, and can't seem to make the caf machine work, he wasn't about to tell Cal about that part though. Some information was too dangerous, you simply could nto share it.
Kai Wryssald

Next

Return to Plains of Noventa