[D5, ME] Off-Duty Drinking

Local watering hole.

Re: [D5, ME] Off-Duty Drinking

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Now that was a song she knew, and it was one she had heard many times in Basic... not so many times in Ryl. So she gave a smile to the man who had told the barkeep to give her whatever she had wanted, before beginning the lyrics in her native language.

Her voice was light yet engaging, accompanying the music easily, while also keeping a casual tone fitting for the locale.

"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voilà le portrait sans retouches
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça m'fait quelque chose

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause
C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie

Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat

C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie
Alors je sens en moi
La vie en rose."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Flession » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:38 pm

A round of applause comes from the patrons of the bar, especially from the table surrounding you. Everyone seems quite impressed with your performance, so much so they all leave you some generous amount of tips next to your table, its patrons included, netting you both 110 credits to split.

The bartender comes around and places Fey's drink on the table with a smile. "You two should speak to the boss about performing here sometime. He's out doing something, though."
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:10 am

It was mostly boredom that brought Kai out to the parsecs, well that and wanting a drink outside of the ship. He'd swung by earlier but didnt figure many would recall. Looking around the bar his eyes landed in Cefey but he didn't approach, merely giving a friendly nod and smile in her direction.

The pretty Twi'lek was almost always the center if attention, no need for him to interrupt. Instead he took a seat at the bar and waited for the bartender to come over.
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:44 am

The bartender smiled at Kai and nodded over at the crowd. "Looks like we're having some evening entertainment, I guess. Whatcha drinking tonite?"
Flession

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

"You have this local beer I had the last time I was in, I'll take that if you don't mind." Kai offered glancing towards the entertainment.

"They any good?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am

He moves to go grab the beer on tap that Cal likes to always have for the customers and places it down. "Classic Red?" He motions over to them. "First song wasn't bad. Guy can play, girl can sing. They just started doing it on their own too. Craziest thing to see, really."
Flession

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:49 am

Kaneesa can feel it working. He can feel them loving him, adoring him, admiring him. This is how is should have been all the time. This is what he should have done with the old Gungan. But there was no time to revel in his success openly.

"Come on, it's always a good time with me, huh? What are you guys doing for the festival, huh? Sneaking a little something to the guard house while on duty, huh?" Kaneesa laughs, seemingly loving every minute of this attention.
Gungan | Gangly | Bartender | Jizz Wailer | Slitherstick | Force Senstive
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 am

"Yeah, you alright man. What's your name?" One of them says, smiling at both you and the Twi'lek.

"Ehh..." One guy looks. "Not sure yet." Another guy looks around. "Suppose we could take a top off the booze coming in from the festival." He says it in a joking manner, laughing at his comment. "Kidding, kidding." Looking over to others. "Ugh...going to be a boring day tomorrow."

"I'm off, though." One of them also say with a wide smile. "So I can take another." He waves his hands over at the bartender. "Another Red over here!"
Flession

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:01 am

"Kaneesa. Kaneesa Gee of the Wookie's Codpiece." Kaneesa takes a small bow. He desperately tries to hide his excitement. His trip here may have offered him exactly what he needed.

"Ahh man, it sucks that you're stuck there for the festival. But it's an important job...my shipment of liquor is coming in too." Kaneesa winks. "Maybe I can break some free for ya!" Kaneesa pauses as it seems something dawns on him, "Wait, it's in?"
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:43 am

"Yeah, came in earlier today." The man who you gave false hope on his chances with the Twi'lek looks over at you. "Tell you what, stop by tomorrow morning, I'll make a few calls, we'll get it going for you. Just have all your paperwork ready."
Flession

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm

"Ahhhh no!" Kaneesa hangs his head forlornly. "I got stuck with the morning shift! I can't get there in time, and it's the biggest drinking day of the cycle!" Kaneesa gives the group a bit of a side eye. "Look, I have my order there. Is there any way that I could go pick it up tonight? I have the money for the shipment...plus a bit extra for "expedited processing"...and hey, take a bottle or two for yourselves! You deserve it for having to slug it out working on a holiday."

They would do it. They had to do it! Kaneesa had worked so close, and primed the pump just for this.

Big Charm-Daunting with one Upgrade-Sense Emotions-Two Situational Boost-Influence: 1eP+3eA+3eB+1eC+3eD+1eF 4 successes, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Extra advantage from Loom
Last edited by Kaneesa Gee on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Fey took a big gulp of bourbon as she listened to what was going on. The Gungan seemed oddly interested in these workers, and not to hawk them away to that other bar or to earn money playing.

She giggled a little as she was starting to see some of the picture.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Flession wrote:He moves to go grab the beer on tap that Cal likes to always have for the customers and places it down. "Classic Red?" He motions over to them. "First song wasn't bad. Guy can play, girl can sing. They just started doing it on their own too. Craziest thing to see, really."

"I suppose that's what it was." Kai replied, it had been red after all.

"Good to hear though, glad the lady isn't just some pretty face." You saw that sort of things, especially when the other member of the group was older. "You think they are going to sing something else? Or was it one of those one and done sort of affairs?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:50 pm

"No idea." He shrugged as he poured the beer from the tap. "As I said, they just started it sort of randomly. They're not on the scheduled list. Throwing people money generally helps get them motivated."
Flession

Postby CLL-MT9 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Clementine didn’t totally lack savoir faire. If anything, he was a heavier user than most of common parts of social speech. “Excuse me,” for example, got a lot of work as he moved through the world. “Please” and “thank you” might be used a dozen times in a single purchase (merchants who failed to find this charming tried to limit the amount of back-and-forth dialogue to the absolute minimum). And he had to be really, really upset with someone before he called them by anything but their chosen name, possibly even with a “Master” attached.

He did, however, undeniably take up too much space (too wide, too much mass, too loud), and no-one would ever describe him as graceful, socially or otherwise. If he wanted to make a friend, he acted like an over-large, over-enthusiastic domestic canid, all eager physical proximity and vocal declarations of affection (usually no oil to stand in for slobber, unless he had missed some routine maintenance). If he wanted to persuade someone, he could usually only get his way if they couldn’t find a way to escape his stubborn, stumbly repetition of his simple arguments before they gave in through sheer exhaustion. When he had something to hide, he could only generate the most basic of lies, and the extra strain on his processors of trying to hold in his head both what was true, and an alternate reality to present to others, caused telltale tics in his vocoder.

Despite this, with a skilled partner, he was an able hype-man. His size and inexorable willingness to use it to move others could give Kaneesa the space to perform confidently and jostle-free, a leg up on others in a crowded bar. His genuine inability to talk in a quiet voice and lack of imagination meant that a skilled partner could prime him to loudly emphasize key phrases in convivial agreement or applaud at key moments -- a one-droid friendly crowd. And if anyone looked to be getting surly or disruptive, who could say whether the head-size photoreceptor shoved in their face and the accompanying flat shout “This is great. Do you not think this is great” was awkwardness or subtle threat? People forced smiles or cleared out, regardless.

He extended his protection to Cefey for at least the duration of the song, and afterwards paused a moment, quiet in the happy crowd, before speaking. “That was ver-rey nice, Miz, that was ver-rey nice. You remind of some-one.” His whole body pivots, as if he’s looking around the room. He doesn’t seem to find who he’s looking for, but he does see a familiar face. Not willing to shift from Kaneesa’s side without orders, and unconscious of any rudeness in doing so while talking to Fey, he starts having a conversation across the room without moving a step -- perhaps a little too loudly and a little too close for her comfort.

"Hey! Hel-lo Kai. It is good to see you. How are you.”
Profile | Loadlifter Droid | Big | Strong | Battered | Slow of Speech | Looms
Works for Kaneesa Gee, Bouncer for the Wookiee's Codpiece
CLL-MT9

Postby Flession » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:29 pm

The other guys gave it some thought. "Fine, just turn in the proper paperwork tomorrow." One of them said. "We'll go after we finish up our drinks. Shouldn't be too hard to get this done."

Their eyes shifted over to the large droid there. "Woah, I see you came prepared to lift the crates."
Flession

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Kaneesa nods. "Oh, and he's great fun too. You should see what he does to people who park like kriffheads. He reparks them in the best ways." The Gungan lets out a cackle. "Sweet retribution!" He claps one of the guys on the back, trying to hide his grin.
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Flession wrote:"No idea." He shrugged as he poured the beer from the tap. "As I said, they just started it sort of randomly. They're not on the scheduled list. Throwing people money generally helps get them motivated."

"Or drinks." Kai mused as he looked from the group back to the bartender. "I'll wait and see where things go though before passing out freebies."

Further conversation was halted as the large droid called his name, and after a minute of squinting to see if he recognized it, Kai waved a greeting. "Heya, Clementine." He called in return, trying not to be too loud.
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm

"Merci, merci," she smiled warmly to the droid. "You remind me of someone too..."

And then when he boomed out his greeting to Kai, yep, she remembered. There was something memorable there. Oh, Kai was here too? Seeing him chat with the barkeep now, she settled for a flirty little wave in his direction, figuring out he had a reason for keeping a distance so far.

For someone who knew her like Kai, the twi'lek did seem rather tipsy at this point.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Shaking his head he glanced towards the bartender. "Maybe I should head over there after all." He mused, as he rise from his seat. "Mind sending them another round on me?"

With that he rose to his feet and picked up his beer, as he started to make his way over. "Evening all." Kai said as he nodded his head at all of them.:
Kai Wryssald

Previous

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere