[D2 ME] Refueling

Local watering hole.

Re: [D2 ME] Refueling

Postby Lena Arcturus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Lena continued sipping her bourbon, nodding approvingly.

"What are nerfs?" Asked the city girl suddenly.
Ivory Phoenix * Pilot* Mechanic * Keeps things afloat * Dear
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Cal smirked. "Well, it's true, nerf don't make very good company."

He glanced back towards the bartender. The bartender glanced back, then scowled and looked away. Cal chuckled. "That one says I talk too much, though. You'd think a good bartender would be good at listening..." He shrugged. "But I can count on her. That's good enough."

About to comment on Kai's company, Cal instead looked back to Lena. "Haven't you ever had nerf meat? Or nerf milk?" He sounded surprised. "A nerf is... do you know what a bantha is?" Maybe she wouldn't. Cal frowned. "It's a big furry creature about the size of... of a small speeder, I guess. You can eat 'em, and you can drink the mil from 'em. Leather's good, too." He grimaced. "They don't smell too pleasant, though."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Lena Arcturus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 pm

"Oh, so that's were nerf steak comes from?" Lena asked with wide eyes. "I just thought it was... for something else." She frowned. "Never seen one live. More of an urban girl myself."
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Cal laughed softly. "Well, they're not much to see. But maybe I'm just saying that 'cause I had to herd the damn things."

He made a vague wave. "You head out of town in just about any direction but north, and you'll see one before too long. Just remember, if it's a small speeder, it's a nerf. If it's a big speeder it's probably a bantha. Bantha's are where blue milk comes from." Something she might not be aware of.

Smiling, he glanced back and forth between the two. "I'd offer to show you, but I've seen enough nerf to last a lifetime. Kai, you know what to look for?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 pm

"I do, so I can take her out to see em.." Kai replied with a smirk. "Though I think I'll happily keep at least a bit of distance. You aren't lying about the smell of them, though you did leave out how it tends to stick to those that work with them too." His eyes moved around the bar. "I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least a couple of those in here from time to time."

"Ranchers that is."
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Cal smirked. "No, we don't get many nerf in here. As much as I don't mind you waiting around, if you want to get a look at one, you'll have to do a bit of walkin'."

He spread his arms widely. "But I wouldn't worry about the smell. As you can see, we've got plenty of space in here. And people know well enough to mind their own business. You won't have to worry about being crowded in elbow to elbow with someone that you don't care for."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

"No Nerf in the bar, I'll have to remember that." Kai replied with a soft chuckle. "I was more referring to the Nerf Herders coming in though. I imagine some of them must like a owner that can understand their business."

His mug was placed in the table, and he began to slowly spin it. "You're right though this is a roomy place you have here. Lots of room to spread out if need be."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Lena Arcturus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Lena sipped more of her bourbon. "Mhm. Will see if we have the time." She sighed and thought some more. "What does Noventa make its living on? I assume not just nerfs?" She glanced at Kai. It might be a basic question, but who knows what answer they might get...
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Cal nodded to Kai. "That's the idea." He said. "I made Twelve Parsecs into the sort of place I'd want to spent time." He smirked. "Now, I'm not gonna claim that my taste is for everyone, but we do well enough."

He turned back to Lena, chuckling. "Well, not just nerfs. Also banthas. And products from each of those." He shrugged. "We're not a high tech planet. Mostly things you grow on the ground, or find in it."
Cal Arcton

Postby Lena Arcturus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Lena nodded. "I head there's also an abandoned factory here? I assume you didn't manufacture nerfs and bantha there." She smiled once again, awkwardly.
Lena Arcturus

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Kai offered Lena a warm smile, he knew socializing wasn't really her thing, but she was doing well. "I heard something about a mine too." Kai offered after a moment.

"Not quite sure what was in it though."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 pm

"Oh." Cal frowned. "You probably mean the Sienar factory." He shrugged with a grimace. "I don't know if that could rightly be called something Noventa makes its living on. All the benefit went to Sienar and the Empire." He took a sip of the bourbon. "Not sure I'd care for a factory making TIEs, anyway. Turn Noventa into a target if another dustup started."

Cal shrugged. "Lots of mines. Got one in particular you're thinking of?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm

"Not particularly" Kai replied with a shake of his head. "I just heard there were some." He was pretty bad about reading Jelna's briefs on planets... Apparently Lena wasnt much better.

"I suppose I should ask if there are any of note?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Lena Arcturus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:56 pm

"You think anything useful still there though? A few spare parts couldn't hurt..." She glanced at Kai. "Hear anything about it? Any recent activity, or anything?"
Lena Arcturus

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Cal gave a rueful smile. "Sorry. I couldn't tell you that much about either of those things. Well..." He frowned. "Actually, Sector Rangers are keeping an eye on the old Sienar factory. They're a good bunch, so you don't have to step too lightly around them. Still, something to keep in mind."

He pursed his lips, regarding his two drinking companions. "Still, if you need a local guide for something, couldn't hurt to ask around here. Either I can get you in touch with someone, or I'll do it myself."
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 pm

"I'll keep that in mind." Kai offered with a nod as he brought his mug to his lips again.

"Really what we're most looking for right now is a bit of work, if we can find any worth doing." The man's lips curled into a wry smirk. "Not had too much luck when it comes to that. Well, at least if we want to stick to work that's mostly legal."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm

"Sorry to hear that." Cal said, giving Kai a long curious look. There was a short pause as Cal considered. Was Kai suggesting that he might be interested in less than legal work? Or the opposite? It was hard to say.

Cal took another sip of his bourbon. "Well, it's possible there might be something out there for you. Remind me what sort of work your group specializes in again?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:22 pm

|we do a lot of things honestly, a bit of bounty hunting, a bit of running goods, that sort of thing. We have a good vessel, and we're a pretty diverse crew, so we can do all kinds of things." His lips curled into a easy smile. "Like I said we like to keep on the proper side of the law though. " His mug was brought to his lips.

"And the last job we were offered here seemed a bit far off from that. All kinds of secrets, the employer using a false name, that sort of thing." He shook his head. "We passed, hard. That sort of thing is like as not to get you killed."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Cal grunted. "Yeah, that sort of thing happens around here. Noventa's just too good of a place to hide, I think. That's good for the sort who want free of their past. Not so good for the sort who want free just so they can cause more harm."

He gave each of them a serious look. "Word of advice, if you need to go into Providencetown, watch yourselves. Seems like most of the worst folk are drawn to there."
Cal Arcton

Previous

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere