[D1,EA-LE]OHinF Pt 2 [Bamsh's Homestead] (Closed)

The untamed lands of Noventa

Re: [D1,EA-LE]OHinF Pt 2 [Bamsh's Homestead] (Closed)

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:26 am

Soren Lom wrote:Runi did seem somewhat occupied at that particular moment as she and Banks were hovering around her datapad pressing buttons and apparently trying to figure something out...

Unbeknownst to the rest of the group Runi and Banks were trying to decrypt a guarded chip which he had found that morning... With mixed results.

---

D1, Imperial Chip Decrypting, Skulduggery, Bonus from Runi, Destiny: 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eC+2eD+1eS 1 success, 3 threat, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Datachip boots up in the datapad. The first thing that is noticed is the Imperial Cog that comes online. The list of directives follows, outlining a detailed plan of infiltration by a platoon of troops, to investigate and determine whether or not Noventa would have any real benefit to operations by Admiral Patrice Verlasso, in Operation: Phoenix Rising. Then, the datapad begins to feel hot in your hands. Sparks begin to burst from the datachip, before it burns out (Despair). In addition, the datapad shuts down, finding itself drained of all power, and will not operate until it is recharged (three threat used).
GM - The Ashla and the Bogan, The Bendu - "All Is As The Force Wills It"
Ender

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 am

Cal Arcton wrote:"I surely hope that it doesn't." Cal chuckled.

He followed the wave of the hand; Cal glanced over to look at the battle wagon still under construction. He watched the work go on a few moments before turning back to Temra. "Yeah. We'll hold 'em off. I've got a good crew over at the bar these days. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help out when the time comes."

He tilted his head, giving Temra a curious look. "They tell you what they're dealin' with here? Big horde of manka cats. You ever hear of anything like that before?"

"While I am unsurprised at the existence of a species of large predatory animal in the area, I am no cryptozoologist. I lack the background information to determine whether this is just a standard seasonal attack, or if something is forcing the cats out of their normal habitat and into more urban areas." The Iktotchi replies.

"It is possible there is more to this than meets the eye, but isn't that always the way?"
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Temra Zol wrote:"While I am unsurprised at the existence of a species of large predatory animal in the area, I am no cryptozoologist. I lack the background information to determine whether this is just a standard seasonal attack, or if something is forcing the cats out of their normal habitat and into more urban areas." The Iktotchi replies.

"It is possible there is more to this than meets the eye, but isn't that always the way?"

Cal chuckled. "Me neither, but I did grow up in these parts. Even when I was a kid, they were getting a bit bolder. They used to be hunted to keep their numbers down, but the Empire let that slide. Guess they wanted to focus their killing on other things." He grunted.

The next comment made him chuckle again. "Yeah, that's how it always goes. And I thought retirement was supposed to be simple." He looked at Temra. "What'd you do before this, if you don't mind my asking?"
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:22 pm

"I do not mind Mister Arcton, though the answer will likely be largely unsatisfying." Temra prefaces, before launching into an answer. "I hid."

"More to the point, I had a human friend who indulged my paranoia about the xenophobia and humanocentric dictates of the Empire and hid me. In exchange, I did some work in the back of his shop as a tinker of sorts. I fixed things of a technological nature, performed droid wipes, basically did anything along those lines for a cred or two to survive."

"After he died, I tried to keep up the pretense, but eventually I came to join Dr Yara and the Nela Ulaby Medical Center as their resident tech expert after the regime change. But life is a fluid timeline, nothing stays the same forever. I think we both understand that, yes, Mister Arcton?"
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Cal listened as Temra spoke, his expression serious.

When he finished, Cal grunted. "You know, everyone knows the story of Luke Skywalker. But I'd bet stories like yours are a lot more common during the Empire." He grimaced, shaking his head. "I remember when I was young, thinking Noventa was too far off. Empire couldn't touch it, couldn't cause problems here." He shook his head again.

After a moment, he chuckled. "But you're right. Nothing stays the same. Noventa's changing. We're changing. I didn't expect to be retired by now. Figured I'd still be flying around the galaxy for decades."
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:05 am

"Early retirement is not something I hear many complain of. The only form I hear spoken of in a negative manner is the more...permanent form. May that be many years away down each of our paths."

He glances over the repaired vehicle, and in the direction of the mechanic responsible.

"One of your crew as well? Can't say as I recall having the pleasure..."
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:53 pm

"Yeah..." Cal scratched at his chin. "I suppose. And there's no denying that it beats the alternative." He shrugged.

Turning, Cal followed Temra's gaze to Runi. She was bent over at the waist, fixing something under the hood. Cal paused a long moment, lips pursing.

"Yeah. Runi." He said turning back to Temra. "She and I go back a few years. She's one hell of a mechanic. And bounty hunter, too." He smiled. "I'd offer to introduce you, but I don't want to interrupt her work. Another time, maybe?"
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 pm

"Nor would I want to intrude on her work, I understand the frustrations that such interruptions can cause. Just a professional curiosity, she does good work and it always helps to know your competitors...even the ones one isn't in direct competition with." Temra tries a smile, but it comes across as just a little off.

"Maybe next time I pop in for a drink, there may be an opportunity." He adds with a small shrug.
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:54 pm

"I see. Well, there's certainly that possibility." Cal frowned. Actually, he didn't entirely see. His eyes narrowed, looking at Temra. Not that Temra could see them behind his goggles.

"Something in particular on your mind, friend?" Cal asked. His tone was more curious than anything else. "I don't mean to pry. Just, well, I tend bar. I see that look a lot."
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 am

"What look would that..." Temra starts to ask before his eyes widen and he blushes ferociously.

"Ummm...no...not that. Not even close to that." He corrects Cal's assumptions, or at least Temra's assumptions of Cal's interpretation.
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:31 am

Cal laughed, softly but cheerfully. "Well, alright then. I'll put the thought from my mind."

He folded his arms across his chest, still smiling. "But there is something, isn't there? You can't tell me I'm wrong."
Cal Arcton

Postby Temra Zol » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:09 pm

"Nothing specific, just an odd feeling is all. Like there's too much stuff trying to fit in not enough space?" Temra shrugged.

"It's a little hard to explain."
Temra Zol

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 am

"Huh." Cal studied Temra a moment longer and then shrugged. "Well, that's fine. Far as I'm concerned, we don't need a reason to have people come by and visit the bar. And Runi's around most days."

He shrugged. "Maybe she'll understand it better than I will. She, uh, she's like that." He rubbed his stubble thoughtfully.
Cal Arcton

Previous

Return to Plains of Noventa