Morning Belle (Day 1 Late Morning)

The main trading point within Providencetown. Most things can be found here... or you might know somebody who can get you what you need...

Morning Belle (Day 1 Late Morning)

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Grocery shopping, it almost always seemed to fall to Kai or Fey lately. Mostly due to Jelna's and Lena's insistence that paste was indeed a food group, and that they could spend their money more wisely.

It wasnt something Kai could appreciate though. He wasnt in the army anymore, he'd eat real food unless he had no other option. "What was that fruit you were after again?" He asked his companion as he glanced her way. "We should look for the pricey things first."
Human * Ivory Phoenix * Former Solider * "Darling" * The Muscle *
Kai Wryssald

Re: Morning Belle (Day 1 Late Morning)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Likewise, Fey was of the mind that paste was a last resort, and she did not think they were in such deep troubles that they had to live on paste. Besides, since the duties of cooking was something that had been delegated to her a lot of the time, she might as well take the opportunity to try out new things with actual ingredients instead of nutritional goop.

"Papaya," she checked her datapad with the list of groceries. Though she had separated them into categories of importance rather than price. "... Do you think fruits and vegetables will be expensive around here? Isn't there a lot of farms and stuff?"
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 pm

"Now that you mention it, they might not be." He offered thoughtfully. "I suppose I'm just used to them being expensive a lot of places we go." Space stations and more densely populated places, where agricultural wasnt a major business.

"Its probably that spanner Lena wants that might be expensive in that case. Maybe caf too, if they dont grow it on the planet "
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Caf was pretty high up on the list of nescessities.

"Hmm... I don't know what it's like where they grow caf. Caf-farms? Or caf-plantations?" she mused. Fey was pretty clever for someone who had no real education or knowledge of the galaxy as such, but there was still a lot she had no experience with.

"... What's it like?" she looked over to him as she put the datapad away. "Farming, I mean."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:12 pm

"That depends I suppose." Kai offered after a moment. "If you're fully automated, it's a whole lot of work. If you're not? It's even more work. Long days working in the fields, in the dirt and fertilizer, from dawn all the way to dusk." His lips rooked into a smile. "Course it's nice watching the things grow, seeming the fruits of your labor as it were, blooming before you. It's your life though. Whatever patch of ground you end up on."

"Not much time left for entertainment, or going shopping with beautiful women. You're bone tired by the end of the day after all."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

"Sounds exhausting," she chuckled briefly, wondering why such work wasn't fully automated. "And watching things grow sounds like it takes a really long time..." I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Fey shrugged, glancing at some of the stalls that were selling what seemed like some sort of jerky. "Wouldn't it be sad to kill the animals you've spent so much time taking care of?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:23 pm

"Yeah, it keeps you out of trouble though." He replied with a smirk. "No time to go wandering around the galaxy. Honestly though, I wasnt much of a fan." There were a lot better ways to spend your time.

He let his gaze follow hers. "Yeah, at first. But you kind of learn to let go after a few times. To separate yourself from it? You can still like the animals you raise, but you realize the purpose behind it all?" He shook his head. "Its a bit hard to explain, sorry."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Fey grinned in return. "But did it keep you out of trouble? Seeing as you are now wandering the galaxy."

One lekku was pushed back over her shoulder - the twi'lek-version of tucking the hair back. "Mmm, I can understand what you're trying to say." Like distancing yourself from those you shoot to kill, she thought briefly. She did like listening to the other three talk about the stuff they did before the Empire. It all seemed so... mundane and nice, in comparison to other lives. "It's something you want to go back to...?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm

"For a time." He replied with a smirk. "But what can I say, I've always had a bit more energy then most folks."

"I dont think it's for me?" Kai offered after a thoughtful moment. "I'd like something a bit more stable in time, but right now I'm having a lot of fun. Even then though, in the future. I think I'd be happier running a bar or a restaurant or something? A place you get to meet more people."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:03 pm

"True, you do have a lot of energy," the smirk was returned in kind. "But I'm glad to know you are having fun. I sometime don't think the others enjoy this as much, to be honest."

She did heave a sigh at that. Jelna at least wasn't having as much fun anymore after Sweetie passed away. Lena rarely seemed to have fun, and she never wanted to admit she was having fun when she was.

"I'm having fun at least, with all this travelling, and meeting people." It made for quite a different life than she had had before they all decide to run away. "According to Babe, there's a former marshal that opened up a bar in Noventa City. Called it Twelve Parsecs, if I remember correctly from her note."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:27 pm

"I think they are a bit more lost then us." His lips curled into a wry smile. "If that makes any sense at all to you." It seemed he and Fey had a better idea of where they came from, and at least where they were going. "But that just means we need to try a bit harder to have them enjoy things as well, right?" Kai knew Jelna, was still pretty tore up as far as sweetie went, and that something needed to be done, by someone. He just didn't know what.

He did lean in a bit to give her a nudge in the ribs. "I'm glad to hear you are having fun though. As for this Marshall, we might want to be careful around himm. But I have heard the 12 parsecs is a good place to find work. At least work that isn't highly illegal."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 pm

"Lost, huh..." Fey wasn't so sure about that. Or rather... Jelna was probably the most lost of them. Lena, not so much. Fey wasn't lost as such - more like she wasn't sure exactly what she wanted to do when they would eventually leave this kind of gig behind.

The nudge at least put her at ease. "Heh... how bad can it be? I mean, being a marshall on a planet like this must be the same as being a mall-cop on Corellia or something. I'm not too worried. But what kind of work did you hear was available there?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 pm

He shrugged. "Close as I can call it, but i'm not really a expert on people." He was probably about as far from a expert on it as you could be honestly.

"Well, those type liek to stick their noses into others business, even after retirement, as far as I've seen at least." And they seemed to like people keeping out of their business. "As for the work, courier work was what was mentioned. I'm not sure how much it pays or how dangerous it might be, but moving things around can't be too bad. Not if the pay is right at least."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 am

"I see... you know better than I what those sort is like, I'll wager," she nodded, as usual willing to accept the others' experience as a good indicator. "Courier work might be good work to do while we're here, since I don't think it will be too many bounties around here. Or even a big fat one that will have us set for months."

The planet overall seemed a little dull, apart from it's local hive of scum and villainy - which they were more or less strolling in now, seeing as Providencetown seemed to live up to such a description. "Doesn't hurt to look into other jobs, right?"
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm

"Yeah." He glanced around. "There doesn't seem much in the way of law enforcement to put forth bounties. From what I've seen there are probably more then a couple bounty hunters here already as well." It meant chances for work might be slim to say the least.

"Agreed." He offered with a flash of a smile. "On that note have you found any interesting leads? You seem to have done more exploring around here then I have."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:25 pm

She gave a nod. It wouldn't be the first time they'd had to compete with other bounty hunters, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

"Not leads for work as such. Or maybe. There's a bar around here, called the Wookie's Codpiece... whatever that is. Seemed like the kind of place to get shady jobs though." Fey shrugged a little. "I don't know, I got a funny vibe from that place. Babe would probably be better at scouting it out, I think."
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 pm

"You might be right about that." He replied with a soft chuckle. "Jelna is good at looking into places that are a bit... strange."

"I suppose I'll have to make my way into one of them sooner or later though. I can't spend all my time drinking in the ship after all. Even with as good company you and the others are."
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm

"She really is," Fey agreed. Jelna always had a funny feeling to her, but the twi'lek had figured that was partly because she felt a little intimidated by Jelna occassionally. Or most of the time when they first met.

With the comment of the company of the crew, she couldn't help but to chuckle and smile. "Ah well, the company can always move other places, yes? Even if the lounge area of the ship is much nicer now than when we first started out. You know I'm always happy to go out somewhere." There was a small nudge to his side as she said that.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Kai Wryssald » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm

"True." He offered the pretty twi'lek a lopsided smile. "Would you care to join me for dinner or drinks sometime soon then, Miss Raneth?" He asked in his best attempt at a southern accent.

"Or maybe you want to try your hand at teaching me how to dance again?"
Kai Wryssald

Postby Cefey Raneth » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm

The twi'lek flashed him a smile. "Ah, je would be delighted, monsieur," she put on the heavy Rylothian accent that she used with others. It was one she had abandoned with the crew, as her way of distancing herself from that part of her life, but it served as a good cover with outsiders.

"Dinner and dancing sound very good. Gives me a reason to dress up a bit too, oui?" Fey chuckled, her hand moving up to brush some of Kai's hair from his face.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Next

Return to The Bazaar