Group Recruiting: Run a bar/halfway house!

Where to organIze your thoughts, and find your groups.

Group Recruiting: Run a bar/halfway house!

Postby Cal Arcton » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Do you believe in second chances, and building a new life for everyone? Are you interested in making the community a better place? Have you ever wanted to serve alcohol to a wide variety of sentients? If so, have we got the group for you!

This group is centered around a bar/halfway house/community center. Cal Arcton owns the establishment (Name tbd!), and is always willing to let honest folk stay on and help out. Maybe even earn a share of the profits! There aren't many.

In addition to serving alcohol, and providing a place to sleep so that the truly drunk really can both go home and stay here, the pub serves as a sort of community center. People sometimes come there for help, and not just what they can find at the bottom of a bottle. Group members should be willing to help out, too!

Oh, but watch out for Demona. She can be startling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There's a few people who have first dibs here. Please post! But there very well could be room for a few more. Also post!

Oh, and if you have a suggestion for the name, let me know!
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Re: Group Recruiting: Run a bar/halfway house!

Postby Runi Vizsla » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Birb will be joining as Runi Vizsla, a [redacted] Mandalorian with a penchant for melee combat and exceptional skill in Mechanics, modding, crafting, you name it.
Zeltron, maybe...? | Mandalorian | Bartender | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Bounty Hunter | Force Sensitive
Runi Vizsla

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 am

Should the bar require a gruff looking, large bouncer Kor would be delighted to fill that slot. He is an ex imperial but has no love for the former power.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:Should the bar require a gruff looking, large bouncer Kor would be delighted to fill that slot. He is an ex imperial but has no love for the former power.

As long as they remember the war's over, ex-Imperials are absolutely welcome! And Cal will back them up against people looking for trouble because of it, too.
Cal Arcton

Postby Lena Arcturus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Not looking for group, but potential bar names:

1. No regrets
2. Puzzles
3. Team Spirit
4. Onward and upward!
5. Excelsior?
Ivory Phoenix * Pilot* Mechanic * Keeps things afloat * Dear
Lena Arcturus

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Cal Arcton wrote:
As long as they remember the war's over, ex-Imperials are absolutely welcome! And Cal will back them up against people looking for trouble because of it, too.

Shouldn't be a problem, Kor left the Empire a few months after the battle of Hoth. He has no hate towards rebels and if someone wants to fight him over his past, well he won't back down.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Lena Arcturus wrote:Not looking for group, but potential bar names:

1. No regrets
2. Puzzles
3. Team Spirit
4. Onward and upward!
5. Excelsior?

But why is it called puzzles?
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 pm

As an additional preview for the group, here's an NPC... of sorts.

Demona
Species: Twi'lek/hologram
Background: Hologram
Marital status: Single...?
Age: Activated approximately one year ago. Appears 19-20. Acts ageless.
Height: Varies based on projector
Weight: Weightless, and that's rude
Skin color: Blood red and spectral
Eyes: Red and soulless
Build: A body to die for...

Before Runi joined on, Cal didn't have anyone to do regular mechanics on the bar. So when a patron offered to add some holoprojectors in lieu of money for board, Cal took him up on the offer.

That may have been a mistake.

The mechanic did quite a job. Somehow, he managed to integrate the holoprojectors thoroughly in with the lights; removing them would require removing the entire electrical system. And he left enough wires exposed to make that a dicey proposition. He also installed a single program, which was supposed to be a sexy dancing Twi'lek, the sort that could be seen in any number of bars across the outer rim.

Instead, it was a monster.

Well, not a dangerous monster. The holoprojection, which Cal named 'Demona', doesn't seem to operate like most of its type. It can't be voluntarily activated; instead, she appears and disappears as she pleases, at any of the numerous holoprojectors. Instead of being a gentle blue, she's a very unsettling red. Something seems to be wrong with her voice modulation as well. It often sounds almost raspy and cold, with a touch of the ethereal. Sometimes people swear that sometimes, they can almost hear other words behind those, spoken softly...

Attempts to remove her have failed. Cal has since given up, and dubbed Demona the bar mascot.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:15 pm

I may or may not be interested.... will know more closer to game start.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Cal Arcton » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

So, now we've got two firmly in the yes category (I can count you there, right Kor?), and one maybe!

Any others? The sooner we get firmed up, the sooner we can talk about team history!
Cal Arcton

Postby Soren Lom » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:58 pm

I think I’m a yes.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Yara Suhr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm still your other 'maybe,' I think? Unless anyone else Republic-aligned or otherwise Doc-compatible shows up... :lol:
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:25 pm

But doc we can share so many stories of the people you patched up from Kor's axe at Hoth.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 pm

Out of curiosity, what sort of role is everyone looking to play? What sort of specializations do we have going here?
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:18 pm

Punch stuff, chop stuff, intimidate stuff. Collect bar tabs
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 pm

Gunslinger. Pew pew, with cunning secondary.
Cal Arcton

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Guess I'll have to stick to the Face then...

although I'm still debating whether to go Cunning or Agility for secondary.
Quinn Largo

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Cunning if you want skulldugery and deception. Agility if you want stealth, coordination and pew. I guess do you want to double down on face stuff or do face/other stuff.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 pm

So for right now I'm Agil 4, Cunning 4 Survivalist (So outdoorsy stuff with pew potential). Background is I'm a Changeling Bounty Hunter. I'm not decided if people know if I'm a changeling or not yet. We'll see.
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:30 pm

two 4's? :shock:
Quinn Largo

Next

Return to Looking for Group