Group interest check: medical clinic/white hat crew

Where to organIze your thoughts, and find your groups.

Group interest check: medical clinic/white hat crew

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Seeing as we’ve lost Cute Scrap, Inc ( :( ), maybe there’s room for another group?

The pitch: rundown medical clinic recently revived to fill a local need! Not out to turn a big profit, but we have to keep the lights on, so we might do some work for money as well as treating/otherwise helping people.

I’d bring to the table a human female doc (I should really settle on a name...), recently retired to reserve status from the Republic military, trying to figure out what to do with herself after the war.

Other members could be... pretty much whatever, as long as you’re positively disposed toward the Rebellion/Republic, and not big into violent crime or other antisocial behavior. (Someone who used to do that stuff but is turning a new leaf would fit too.) Medical aptitude definitely not required. Maybe you’re handy with tools, or can drive, or provide protection? Or maybe you’re good at talking with people. Or getting hold of supplies. Or you’re a Republic sympathizer who just needs a place to crash for a while! All sorts of concepts would work as long as the characters are likely to get along.
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Re: Group interest check: medical clinic/white hat crew

Postby Kaneesa Gee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Not interested in joining, but if you need supplies there's a Gungan who can get you what you are looking for.
Gungan | Gangly | Bartender | Jizz Wailer | Slitherstick | Force Senstive
Profile Theme Music
Kaneesa Gee

Postby Raine » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:38 pm

I can totally provide protection.
Human | Soldier | Alliance Veteran | Clone Accent
Raine

Postby Yara Suhr » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 am

Raine wrote:I can totally provide protection.

Welcome aboard?

Raine is the one related to a clone trooper, if I’m remembering right?
Human + Physician + Alliance Veteran + New Republic Loyalist + Recovered Academic

Typical gear: Steel coin necklace, utility belt, medpac, sometimes a blaster pistol.
Yara Suhr

Postby Raine » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:01 am

Yes. I got a Clone Dad.
Raine

Postby Zataa Ran » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 pm

I would like to express interest!

I am thinking to bring either the team grease monkey/general technician and fix-it person OR pilot/driver.
Zataa Ran

Postby Yara Suhr » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Yaaaay! Interest is good. :D

Either pilot/driver or grease monkey would be a great fit, I reckon. Temra also expressed some interest, & described his character thusly...

Temra Zol wrote:Single Male Iktotchi.

Force sensitive and trained in the finer arts of mechanical maintenance and original item development.

Capable combatant with own ax, who seeks gainful employment from non imperial affiliated (current or former) crew.

... but I don’t think a bit of overlap in roles is a problem in this system, honestly. I’m likely to go Int + Cunning myself (well, Int is a given for a medico), but if we turn out to be terribly low on face abilities I could make Presence my second stat instead. Or we could just be known for our terrible bedside manner, I suppose! :P

Something else to keep in mind is that if we go with the Homestead rules from Far Horizons for our clinic—which seems the obvious move—we all get a shared additional Career Skill (probably Medicine, which uses Int?), and, per Ender’s house rules, some extra starting cash to represent our local income.

Yara Suhr

Postby Raine » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 pm

I’m invested on the idea to offer up protection. I even opted on Vanuard Soldier over Hired Gun.
Raine

Postby Zataa Ran » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:42 am

I shall be our group's pilot! Stick me behind the controls of most anything~
Zataa Ran

Postby Jozk Hunari » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:17 am

I could kindaaa work in here for the good of my fellow Noventian citizens, but i hate the Republic. So...
*Confederacy of Independent Systems Patriot *Engineer *Shipwright *Political Activist *Clone Wars Militia Veteran *Brown Coat

''Let's us not forget, the last Chancellor of the Republic was also the First Emperor of the Empire''
Theme
Jozk Hunari

Postby Zataa Ran » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:11 am

Not everyone is a fan of the Republic. I guess what it comes down to is can you set that aside enough to work with the clinic to achieve the group's goals?

Everyone's got a mind of their own, it's whether those individual desires can be put aside for the betterment of the group.
Zataa Ran

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Speaking of non-fans of the Republic...

Would Tew fit in as a PR person who wants to expose corruption and abuse of power in general?
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Yara Suhr » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:Speaking of non-fans of the Republic...

Would Tew fit in as a PR person who wants to expose corruption and abuse of power in general?

Hmm. I'm not sure a small medical center needs a PR person as such for its regular functions. Are there other ways you could see yourself participating in clinic-related stuff on the day-to-day? We are also all either neutral or Republic-aligned, so if Tew is an active non-fan of the Republic, that could cause friction within a group (I couldn't quite tell if that's what you meant from your post :oops: ).

If you can envision a role in keeping the clinic running (or I suppose the secondary goal of 'yay Republic'), cool!

If that doesn't sound like an ideal fit for Tew, I'd say you and Jozk should definitely talk--a crusading anti-corruption reporter plus a Noventan veteran who knows the local scene and owes allegiance to no galactic government? Seems like it has potential! Recruit a few more and you'd have a whole investigative team. :)

Feel free to poke me on Discord if you want to bounce ideas, too.

Yara Suhr

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 pm

I suppose I should clarify on that one point; Tew isn't so much anti-Republic as she is pro transparency and accountability. She believes in the ideals they set forth, but is leery that they'll be able to keep out the corruption and such that brought down the Old Republic and Empire. So she wants to make sure it doesn't though hard biting news exposing what people (and the senate) might not be aware of.

*muses* Tew could help a bit with the clinic, just not sure what she'd be able and willing to do.

The Jozk idea has some merit though; I'll have to look into it too.
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Yara Suhr » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Okay! Let us know once you’ve had time to figure out where you want to go. :)

Yara Suhr

Return to Looking for Group