[D4 LE] Getting Out Of The Ship

Local watering hole.

Re: [D4 LE] Getting Out Of The Ship

Postby Cal Arcton » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm

With that decided, Cal briefly turned away. He came back with a plate generously loaded with food. Dry rub nerf provided the smoky and crunchy. There was also some sort of greens and a mashed root vegetable, blue butter melting atop it. All Noventa grown, of course.

Cal shrugged, beginning to wipe down the counter. "It's been good. Been seeing a lot of new faces lately, which is always a pleasure, if you ask me." He nodded both to Farcas and to Tew, still sitting nearby. "How about yourself? Been finding a good match for what you can do?" Cal chuckled. "Used to be, Noventa didn't have much call for programmers, just farmers, miners, and nerf herders. Times change."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Farkas Lowca » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 am

"I mostly do man the scanners for salvage operations in the debris field. That's been going relatively well for me and the crew," he replies. "Though it's more of a building block. The materials collected will be for construction and fabrication rather than resale."

He starts on his food, enjoying it in small bites, interspersed with sips from the whiskey. He seemed to know what he likes and how to enjoy it.

"I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you."
Human | Engineer | Strange Charm Crew | Nerdy
Equipment: Datapad, slicer kit, toolkit
Farkas Lowca

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:19 am

Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:"...the lighting system computer is named Demona?"

Tew blinked before taking a long drink, setting the fancy drink back on the bar afterwords, "That seems a bit melodramatic~"

"Well the program that shows up as a red twilek that you just saw we call demona. The whole thing no but the thing that makes most of the lighting issues yeah. Cal knows more about it than I do." He Kor grabbed a quick drink to wind down a bit.

"So how have the past couple days been Tew? Any juicy stories you've stumbled on?"
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Cal Arcton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Farkas Lowca wrote:"I mostly do man the scanners for salvage operations in the debris field. That's been going relatively well for me and the crew," he replies. "Though it's more of a building block. The materials collected will be for construction and fabrication rather than resale."

He starts on his food, enjoying it in small bites, interspersed with sips from the whiskey. He seemed to know what he likes and how to enjoy it.

"I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you."

Cal grunted. "Likewise." He said, his tone agreeable.

As he polished more glasses, he gave Farkas an interested look. "Construction and fabrication, huh? Mind if I ask what sort? I'm always interested to hear about what new things are gonna be built around here."
Human | Bar Owner | Twelve Parsecs Crew | Un-retired Lawman | I have two guns
Cal Arcton

Postby Farkas Lowca » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:08 pm

"Well, I'm personally interested in droids and artificial intelligence myself. It'll be mostly starship focused and peripheral technology though." He sips a bit more. "Can't get into to much detail though, mostly because at this point we're still working designs and collecting the materials necessary to bring them to fruition. And because our custom designs aren't something that would be proper to discuss outside our crew."
Human | Engineer | Strange Charm Crew | Nerdy
Equipment: Datapad, slicer kit, toolkit
Farkas Lowca

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Korvalus Dunbri wrote:
Tewzada Star'Ti wrote:"Well the program that shows up as a red twilek that you just saw we call demona. The whole thing no but the thing that makes most of the lighting issues yeah. Cal knows more about it than I do." He Kor grabbed a quick drink to wind down a bit.

"So how have the past couple days been Tew? Any juicy stories you've stumbled on?"

"Well, whether Cal is being melodramatic or the hologram, doesn't really bother me. I know first hand how weird AI's can be when there's something even slightly off about them. As to stories..."

She took a sip of her drink before shrugging, "I don't know about anything juicy. Meeting that pod racer made for an interesting time, and the governor's meeting yesterday had some drama certainly. But nothing really came of them that I'd call something to follow up on, not for now at least. I kind of want to follow up about my inquiries into the Duskeen Forest, but I just get the feeling I'm not going to get what I want out of that."
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Kor looked at the twilek "what is it you want out of it exactly? I'd be happy to accompany you, that forest is full of unfriendly creatures."
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:27 am

A frown, "I dunno what I want out of it, Kor. There's just something about the whole situation that tells me there's something hidden in all of this. Maybe something literally hidden in that forest, but maybe with the town or the forest's history. SOMETHING."

She sighed and swivelled on the bar stool so her back was against the bar, stretching out her long orange legs with a pout, "Without any leads, I wonder if taking you up on your offer might be the only way I'll really know."
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 am

Kor shrugged "just let me know, I'm only I'm at all the survival stuff making fires and such but I'm usually pretty good at keeping people safe. Just make sure you bring something to help with the dark, forest is thick enough it blocks most of the light I hear. I have a few things happening in the next couple days but I'm sure I can find some time for you."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:58 pm

"Mmmm!"

Tew gave a nod before a long sip of her drink, turning and setting it back down on the bar top. Reaching with her now free hand, she grabbed a pen then a napkin from the counter, writing down a communicator frequency on it. The young woman then held it out to Kor.

"Send me your schedule some time here soon, and I'll schedule a time to go out there. I have a glow rod I can bring, and my droid has a spot light, of course. So we should be good for light. I'll be counting you and AC to handle the other difficult stuff."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:48 am

Kor grabbed the napkin and placed it in a pocket "sure thing, I can't promise I can handle everything but I'll watch your back. Make sure you don't get too hurt."

He made his way behind the bar and made a drink, he turned to the twilek and raised an eyebrow "want a top off?" He asked casually.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Tew looked at her glass.

It had started like that, and was not even half empty. She giggled softly, "I dunno about topping it off. Feels like I've got enough left here to last me days."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Previous

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere