Breakfast and Tools [D2, MM]

Local watering hole.

Breakfast and Tools [D2, MM]

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am

One of the tables in the bar had been taken over by Quinn. It was a complete mess of tools, parts... and maps that seemed to be of a southern region. Oh, and breakfast, which she ate a bite from every now and then as she worked on the scanner goggles that had bitten the seemingly final spark the other night. Fixing them had turned out to be a bit more complex than just switching out the battery... but she was making a pretty good effort... with eventual success.

Fixing Goggles: 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Re: Breakfast and Tools [D2, MM]

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Tewzada had been convinced by Kor that the Parsecs would be a good place to food; So when she decided something more substantial than some caff and a donut would be good for breakfast, she found herself back there. Not that she necessarily thought it would be the best place, but because early morning was not the sort of time she wanted to spend too much time thinking about options. Frankly, if she HAD thought about it, she wouldn't have put much stock in the breakfast from what she still thought of as more of a bar than anything.

Still, here she was, dressed in her holosuit, currently off so it was no more than a dark green-grey body suit with a belt, shoes, and some white cut lines. Shown to a table, she made herself comfortable, not able to fully suppress a small yawn behind a hand she looked over the menu of options.
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Quinn looked up from work at the twi'lek that just walked in. There weren't often many customers in this early; but fortunately the ones that came weren't generally interested in getting wasted quite so early. Another fortunate thing was that it was not her job to make sure customers were taken care of with such things as breakfast. So she returned back to working on her goggles.

"Ow!"

She yelled out as a couple of sparks flew out, and then waved her hand around rapidly, as if to cool it off.

"Fine. If that's how you want to play it... try *this*"

And in she went with her hydrospanner.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Kor entered the main bar area from the back entrance his black tank top visibly damp though it was fairly mild outside this morning.

Kor walk in and toweled sweat from his brow, a rather common sight at this time of morning. He went behind the bar and grabbed a glass filling it with water before looking up and spying Quinn tinkering with something he called out "how's it going kid? Got those things working again yet?"

At the same time he noticed a familiar face from the over night. "Tew, wasn't it?" He asked only partially sure about the name for the rather attractive twilek that sat in the main area.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 pm

"Just about," she called back, just a second or two before she put the goggles on, flipped the switch and looked about.

"Ah! Bright light! Bright light!" And she quickly flipped it off again, once more taking it off for some tweaks.
Quinn Largo

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Looking up to Kor as he addressed her, Tewzada gave a bright smile, despite the tiredness, "That's right. And you were Kor; I don't think I need to even ask that much. My memory is pretty good for names."

She glanced at Quinn; Kor seemed to know her, so apparently having a kid in here fixing things must not be an unusual sight. She thought a second about asking if they were related, when she quickly remember the man saying he'd never had any kids.

"I hope I'm at the right place for breakfast?"
Twi'lek | reporter for Galaxy Nuze Network | Smokin' Hot | camera droid AC1201 | holo-costume with 10 outfits
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Kor walked by Quinn slightly ruffling her hair as he moved past her "Well keep at it, those are pretty valuable equipment."

Turning to Tew he slung his small towel over his shoulders "um I'm not sure if the cook is in yet, I'll go check in a second. We don't get too many for breakfast usually late lunches and a few dinners but mostly just drunks wanting to settle their stomachs." He said with a small smile on his lips. His tone was lighter than usual as well. Kor was always a little happier after working out.
Last edited by Korvalus Dunbri on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:12 pm

A chuckle, "Filling greasy food for drunks sounds like just the sort of thing for a slightly blustery morning like this. Especially since I'll be flying out to the southern hemisphere later; So something filling besides flight food would be good before I go."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Kor raised an eyebrow "what's going on down in the southern hemisphere? I thought there wasn't much down there?" He asked before heading back towards the kitchen which wasn't out of ear shot so he could listen to her reply.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Quinn suddenly had a keen interest in the conversation, once she heard 'southern hemisphere'. Though she tried not to let it show. Instead, while listening in, she started rearranging stuff on her table. Specifically, she was folding up her map and putting it away.
Quinn Largo

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Though he was still in ear shot, Tew still spoke up so Kor wouldn't need to strain to hear her, "Pod-racing, or so I've been told. Something about a big racing series going down and some Nautolan being a local prodigy."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Kor emerged from the kitchen "ah interesting, forgot about the podracing that happens down there. Been once I think but never made a habit of it. Sounds like a decent story though." He approached her table "chefs back there should have something whipped up for you in no time."

He then looked to Quinn "so what do you have going on today besides fixing those goggles?"
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 pm

"Uhm, I think I'm gonna do some sightseeing."

Her eyes darted briefly toward Tew, before placing the goggles on her head as a way of diverting attention. She once more flipped them on.

"Hey, that did it. Awesome."
Quinn Largo

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:08 am

"Thanks Kor."

Tew gave another smile before the big guy turned back to the girl tinkering at the table somewhat near by. Her thoughts turned back to her earlier musings, and this time she just couldn't help herself. Leaning on the table, chin in her hands and still smiling slightly, "By the way, were you going to introduce me to your handy little friend there?"
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:42 am

"Oh uhm... I'm Quinn," she gave a wave upon hearing that question, still wearing the goggles; which probably made her look a little silly.
Quinn Largo

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 am

Kor noticed the look and thought it a little odd but perhaps Quinn had something to say she didn't want to in front of a stranger.

"Yeah Quinn and I have been travelling together for some time now. Just settled here on Noventa a couple months back."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:16 pm

That really got the engines turning, "Adopted, perhaps? I only ask because I was raised in an orphanage, so it would be nice to hear a... well, success story I suppose."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Kor shook his head "afraid not, just a travelling companion. We help eachother out and watch eachother's backs." Kor wasn't going to talk too much about the situation with Quinn but he still tended more toward truthfulness mainly because he didn't have the tongue for lying.
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 am

"He's my bodyguard," she said; which sounded just a tad ridiculous, much as she intended it to.
Quinn Largo

Postby Tewzada Star'Ti » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Maybe a bit ridiculous, but that meant maybe she could have some fun with it, "Oh, a bodyguard? How exciting! Perhaps a princess in exile? Oo, or maybe you're secretly a Sith? Or a witness in a trial and you have assassins after you? Maybe the script writer for episode nine, and you couldn't take the pressure and fanboys anymore?"

Her grin faded into faux seriousness, "Don't worry, I won't ask you to tell me, despite being a reporter. I respect Korvalus too much to blow your cover."
Tewzada Star'Ti

Next

Return to Twelve Parsecs from Nowhere