Be vewy vewy quiet (D5 ME)

A forest of wonders, the drop off of light is almost immediate when walking just twenty feet beyond the outer edge.

Be vewy vewy quiet (D5 ME)

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 am

When the entire group was assembled, Temra welcoming Kor if he decided to come along, they stepped out the door into the town. He tried to use his recently acquired powers to find a best direction to head, but the disturbance in the force was too much for him to overcome.
D5 ME Sense for survivors?: 1eF 1 Light Side
Automatic DS pip =1 LS (not using conflict to flip)

"I guess one direction is as good as another?" He asked the group, hoping someone had a better idea. "Unless....did anyone else hear something coming from over there?" HE questioned as he pointed to a random house that was giving off signs of life.

Equipment: Vibro-ax, padded armor, 6 stimpacks
Soak Value: 6
Wounds: 13/13
Strain: 16/16
Defense : 1
Last edited by Temra Zol on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iktotchi * Neda Ulaby Medical Centre Technician * Force Sensitive *
Temra Zol

Re: Be vewy vewy quiet (D5 ME)

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 am

Temra felt the life of the place around him, darkness of the force was heavy here but there was the unmistakable sign of life. Unfortunately, it was too much. Temra could sense they were not alone, surrounded by so much life, but pinpointing specifics in this sea of sense was impossible, there was just too many beings here.

In the surrounding area dusk was starting to settle, [ONE SETBACK from Lighting], the streets appeared quiet for now but the air was eerie and it was quick to give a chill across the spine. There were buildings in every direction and as Aislea said, any one of them could contain a person, or perhaps even one of the creatures prowling on this night.
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:36 am

Aily was well accustomed to bad weather, and to traveling silently when she needed to... She scanned the area with her binoculars on to check for any sources of heat nearby.

---

D5 Evening Stealth #1: 3eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
12 Parsecs | Clawdite | Hunter | Explorer | Poly-Faced |
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Quinn Largo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am

Quinn had her scanner goggles on; letting her see in the dark; and her stick out. With that, she joined the others outside.

"Let's go there then," she said to Temra's suggestion, "and let's be quiet. "

Stealth, setback from weather: 2eA+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage

(up to GM what happens with threat)

Soak Value: 3
Wounds: 12/12
Defense: 0
Strain: 12/12 (normally 13, group obligation hit)
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Temra was many things, quiet and unobtrusive were not among them however.

D5 ME Stealth (Correct pool): 2eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 1 threat
Temra Zol

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Kor decided tag along though he wasn't one for stealth missions he didn't want to leave Quinn alone fighting dangerous animals. He was stealthier than he expected but that wasn't really saying anything.

Stealth check with set back: 2eA+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage

Soak 6
Wounds 0/20
Strain 0/13
Fearsome 1
No defense
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 pm

[Note, with Stealth those should have been boosts. I mentioned the stealth after and hadn't thought back. Most actions, not stealth, offer setback from darkness. Results have been noted as if the setback were Boost for this roll.]

Aily could see that the coast appeared clear, there was nothing to be seen from the front of the tavern. She could, of course, continue to scan the area as they proceeded but the binoculars did not pick up any signs of heat from individuals through the walls of the surrounding buildings. Their approach of the building would be unchallenged.

[Should Aily choose to walk with the binoculars and attempt to spot something she would use a PERCEPTION check with FIVE SETBACK, One from Darkness, one from Awkward movement with binoculars, and three from other. This check would have THREE Challenge Dice and ONE Difficulty Dice.]
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Aily kept watching for something, but couldn't seem to locate anyone.

---

D5 Evening, Not gonna find whatever it is Perception: 1eP+3eA+3eC+1eD+3eS 2 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adv used to notice something important about the scene?
Carries/Wears: Heavily Modded Blaster Rifle; Model Q4 Quickfire Pistol; Survival Pack; Backpack; Utility Belt; Holographic Costume; Infrabinoculars (Long Range); Explorer's Knife
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Ahead of them, at the very least, the door appeared to be open in the home. This was either good news, a sign of life... or...
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 pm

While remaining quiet and largely unseen Soren started to look around the entrance for possible signs of a struggle going in or out of the house...

---

Looking for tracks. Survival?
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:41 pm

[Average Check, Survival: Setback for light.]
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Soren looked around for tracks but couldn't find anything obvious... However...

---

D5 Evening Survival Track Finding, -setbacks for like a million things. +2eB for stuff: 2eA+2eP+2eB+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lots o' Advantage... No idea what to do with it though. Good stuff plzzzzzzzzzzzz
Soren Lom

Postby Honorordeath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Unfortunately there was so much movement through here that it was nearly impossible to determine any sense of direction of any of the sets of tracks. However, what she was able to determine was the fact that a few people, boots, had moved through here somewhat recently. and there was at least one solid print she could use to match against another, if it ever came to be relevant.

[Hopefully this works out for you, I admit, I had to think for a little while to get this far. Wasn't a whole lot of information there!]
Honorordeath

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Completely out of his element with the tracking and hunting elements, Temra found himself waiting with bated breath for the hint of positive information.
Temra Zol

Postby Soren Lom » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Soren motions quietly to the others, signaling that they should go into the house while she swings around the backside to make sure nothing leaves from the other side and waits for acceptance or rejection...
Soren Lom

Postby Temra Zol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Temra pointed to himself and Kor then the front door before pointing to Quinn and Ailya and the back.

He wasn't exactly a tactical genius, but he'd feel better if no one was completely isolated, after all that was the warning they were given, that the predators seemed to have a habit of picking of individuals rather than groups.
Temra Zol

Postby Korvalus Dunbri » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 am

Kor nodded agreeing with the plan Temra had put forth, facing an unknown enemy one shouldn't be isolated. He hefted his axe and started to move slowly toward the door ready for action but allowing the others time to move around the back into position.
Human | Big | 12 Parsecs Crew | Intimidating | Gruff | Rugged | Useless left eye
"Who I was doesn't matter."
Theme Profile
Korvalus Dunbri

Postby Quinn Largo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:58 am

Quinn nodded. Surrounding the place seemed smart, and she moved to join Aly.
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby Honorordeath » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:22 pm

From inside there was the sound of rustling coming from the front door, just inside. Someone or something was digging through stuff. Just after the others parted.

While, in the back, the others caught a glimpse of a light moving erratically in the work shed alongside the back of someone's house. Something was going on over there, but it was some ways away from the current house. [Medium]
Honorordeath

Postby Soren Lom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Aily turned the dials on her binoculars to magnify the image and looked for heat signatures behind the shed walls.
Soren Lom

Next

Return to Duskeen Forest