[D2 LE] Tadles are Hot (Ralligo's Hoppin' Tables)

[D2 LE] Tadles are Hot (Ralligo's Hoppin' Tables)

Postby GrrKack » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:49 pm

GrrKack was off the clock for the evening after making his usual praise and worship ceremony of today's haul. Providencetown was much better to find trash in than Noventa City for sure, and being put on this beat would indeed allow his status to grow with the Holy Ugor Taxation Collection Agency. Still, one could only sit around and eat and worship for so long. It was time do one of the Ugor's favorite activities as a species: gambling. Having a fondness for Sabbac, his usual location at the end of his shift was always here at the tables.

The establishment never liked having him around: Ugors were never to be trusted as a species, even in a place like this. They, however, like the money he brought with him, as Waste Haulers Unlimited lucrative contract did allow a steady income of taxes to not only his pocket, but to the Agency as well. It also helped that he tended to buy everyone at his table a drink when he arrived to not only put them at ease, but to let the establishment not worry about losing alcohol since he could not drink.

Maybe this evening a interesting hand could be dealt and he could win it big and further increase his taxable donation next month to show the proper praise to the Agency.
NPC (Played by Flession) | Ugor | Bio
GrrKack

Re: [D2 LE] Tadles are Hot (Ralligo's Hoppin' Tables)

Postby Cefey Raneth » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Noventa City was nicer, but if one wanted to play a good game of cards, Providence seemed to be the place to go.

And so there was an enticingly dressed twi'lek joined the table for a game. "Bonsoir, gentlemen."
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Quinn Largo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Quinn had herself an influx of credits that she was hoping to expand in number. Gambling was the easiest way of doing that of course... just so long as she didn't lose. But she was feeling confident. Confident enough to head over to the Providencetown and find herself the kind of place that didn't look too closely at a kid wanting to play her allowance away. Once inside, she tried to find herself a table to play a round or two at; and quickly noticed bubble-boy. Some sort of environment suit? Ah... she'd seen similar suits before. And the way other people in the place looked at the creature made it even clearer. She couldn't recall the name of the species though. Well, no matter.

Ah... damn, I recognize her... well, this could still work...

"Hello," she said, walking to the table. "This table for Sabacc?"
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Profile | Full avatar | Themesong
Quinn Largo

Postby GrrKack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:39 pm

The Ugor motions to you. "Sabbac! Wub a human chilb de so good at it? Do they leb everyone enter bere." The voice from the suit appears to chortle as they approach Quinn approaches the table, each and every word it speaks sounds...slimey and disgusting. Though he paying no mind to the Twi'lek and her attractive, he motions to a bartender and within moments, a glass of Chadian rum is placed before each of you, not really caring about the apparent age of Quinn. "Mabe you two will do better than last person bere."
GrrKack

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 pm

She gave a nod and smile at anyone else at the table, taking care not to make it seem like she knew the twi'lek. That could be misconstrued at a card table, after all. Looking down at the glass of rum for a moment, she looked back up and smiled.

"Could be. I've always wanted to play games in a place like this. We play for credits, right? How much?"
Human | Force Sensitive | Short | Harmless Kid | Gambler | Core Worlds Accent | Owner of a stick
"We're not the totally dashing and blatantly awesome criminals you're looking for. They went the other way."
Quinn Largo

Postby Flession » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:03 pm

The dealer at the table nods at your question. "Minimum bid is 50 credits each, my dear." He looks over at Grrkack and rolls his eyes, disgusted by his appearance and back to you, a small hope that you'll be able to clean him out so he can go away.
AGM | "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck." |
Flession

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:10 pm

"Ah, Quinn," Fey said cheerfully with a small wave, but didn't draw attention to the young girl's age. "And monsieur has good manners - drink and offering a game. I am in."

The twi'lek enters the game by placing the minimum 50 credits. No need to start crazy.
Rutian Twi'lek | Honey | Former Slave | Performer | Clever Girl | Force Sensitive | Ivory Phoenix crew
Profile | Theme

"Theft, it is an especially sweet vice. More elegant than vandalism and more complex than simple robbery."
Cefey Raneth

Postby Quinn Largo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm

She ignored the fact the twi'lek called her by name. Pretended not to hear. She didn't have anything against her of course... but she didn't want to spook any of the other players into thinking they were colluding. That could make things difficult.

Then came the minimum buy-in. Not a whole lot to go with. But she'd often found it a good strategy to start at the minimum bid; make the opponent think you're uncertain before you suddenly raise the stakes on them.

"Alright, I've got that much..."
Quinn Largo

Postby GrrKack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Placing his bet on the table, the Ugor gives a chortle. "Bot for long." The tone from the mic of his mouth indicated a smugness to his feelings on the matter. Turning to the Twi'lik points to the drink. "They are bot fans of people who come here and don't drink. I finb dis to ease them, that way, you get habby, maybe they do too. Enjoy it, twi'lek."
GrrKack

Postby Flession » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

After the last few bets are placed, the hand is dealt and the play begins. There is a few looks around the table, though where the Ugor was looking was something hard to do, not to mention reading someone's face when they had none. It could be something intentional for him to be so successful on, but everyone had tells; it only took but a careful eye to notice them.
Flession

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm

There was some curiosity as to what was beneath the helmet, but of course she wouldn't pry... yet. "Very thoughtful of you," she remarked in an amused tone as she looked at her hand. She wasn't the greatest card player, but she knew the game - and like how the 'mystery-man' had a helmet to hide his sabaac-face, Fey's poker-face was to maintain the image of the flirty twi'lek.

"Mon dieu, it's been so long since I last played," she remarked in a wistful tone.
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby Flession » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:57 am

((So we'll be following the rules I posted for Sabbac game. I'll let the first person who posts roll a Force dice determine what dice we'll be following.))

Difficulty will be Average (◆◆) for this playthru.
Flession

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:10 am

It was always tempting to cheat right from the start, and it was almost always the wrong move to make. So Quinn played it straight for the first round.

Cool: 4eA+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabacc Force die: 1eF 1 Dark Side
(cancels each other out I think?)
Quinn Largo

Postby GrrKack » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 am

((Basically means all failures and threats this round for all of us will be successes and advantages and vice versa, so that is 1 failure.))

GraKack's movements appear to move around rapidly, his body moves rapidly and a laugh bellows out of his voice box as he manages to land 23 on the positive on the table.

"I wib!" The entire pot is then transferred over to him as his body continues to move. "Such goob luck tonite."

Cool Moves on the table [D2, LE]: 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 Triumph

--
ImageImageImageImageImage
GrrKack

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:57 am

Quinn looked sad; sadder than she actually was. That was like, most of her allowance! Except it wasn't.

"Are we... are we playing another round?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Flession » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 am

The dealer nods, taking the cards back. "As long as you got the credits and the will, we got the rounds." There is a look of disappointment on his face; he was hoping for her to clear the Ugor out and it was already unbearable. What's the bid this round?"
Flession

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 am

"Hmmm... would a 150 credits be too much?"
Quinn Largo

Postby Cefey Raneth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am

Fey decided not to cheat on the first round, but play casually as she scoped out the skill of the others on the table. Besides, she had to keep up the act too!

"Let us escalate slowly, oui? No need to rush the fun," she said with a sensual tone. "100 credits?"

---

D2 Cool on the first round of gambling.: 3eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat

-50 credits :cry:
Profile | Theme

Cefey Raneth

Postby GrrKack » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:32 pm

GraKack's head nods in affirmation. "Sounbs good. 100 credits." He throws down a chip representing the credits and cackles once more, high off his domination of the first round.

((New round, start with the force dice.))

Deal em out: 1eF 2 Light Side
GrrKack

Postby Quinn Largo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:42 pm

She sank bank a little further into her seat, and made the wager.

"Oh... okay. A hundred credits. I'm sorry, this is my first time... I'm not very good at this sort of thing."

It was time to play these suckers for the fools they were.

Deception this time: 3eP+1eD+1eC 2 failures, 2 advantage
Quinn Largo

Next

Return to Upper Providencetown